Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync 3.10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JonC

JonC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTN
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:42 AM

So, apparently there is a Sync 3.10 in existence for some cars.  Owner.ford.com isn't showing it, but I've now heard that if you haven't already installed 3.8, that isn't showing up on the owner site either now, and has to be installed by a dealer.

Had anybody bugged a dealer about 3.10?  Does it exist for the C-Max, or is it not for us? 

And probably most importantly, what does it change?  I've heard bug fixes, I've heard it fixes the annoying repeat setting turning itself on with Bluetooth, I've heard that it's somewhat more responsive.

Should I bug a dealer?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   im4GMG

im4GMG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

So, I discovered that owner.ford.com now shows the Sync 2 version 3.10 (EA5T-14D544-BA) update available for my C-Max Hybrid and C-Max Energi. Unfortunately, although I followed the directions to the letter, the install failed. After trying multiple times on multiple USB drives, I called Ford Technical Support and they said that apparently there's a known compatibility problem with vehicles that have MyFord Touch (which mine do). The person I spoke with advised waiting and trying to download the update again at a later date in the hopes that they update the installer and fix the problem, or visiting my local dealer.

I was also told that the installer does not support USB 3.0 flash drives. You have to use a 2.0 drive that is FAT32 formatted and has no other files on it. All of that was true already in my case, and I even tried doing a Master Reset before attempting the install. All to no avail. I guess I'll wait to try again later or make an appointment with my local dealer. If anyone manages to get the installer to work, please post and let us know.

#3 OFFLINE   Wojo

Wojo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVenedy, IL
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

Yep having a similar problem ... it returned on error relating to the USB drive but I will try again if I can remember how to format one in FAT32....

#4 OFFLINE   Wojo

Wojo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVenedy, IL
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

So I hard formatted my 16GB USB drive ( not quick format) and copied the extracted files from the EA5T-14D544-BA zip file to it. The update to 3.10 worked fine.
  • im4GMG likes this

#5 OFFLINE   im4GMG

im4GMG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

So I hard formatted my 16GB USB drive ( not quick format) and copied the extracted files from the EA5T-14D544-BA zip file to it. The update to 3.10 worked fine.

Thanks for this update. I wish I'd remembered to check back here earlier. I tried this earlier—hard reformat and copying the extracted files to the USB drive. It worked for me. One oddity is that after completing the process, I was greeted with a screen that said that I'd successfully updated to Sync 2 version 3.7 (which would have been a downgrade, since I previously had version 3.8 installed). But a quick check of the System Information page showed that my CCPU S/W Version is now 3.10.16180.

On the other hand, when I try to Confirm the update on the Ford Owner website by uploading the XML file they request, each time it says the upload failed.

Edited by im4GMG, 08 May 2019 - 01:27 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   raucous

raucous

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPNW
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:32 PM

I asked my dealer about 3.10 when I took my early 2013 Energi in for service in February. I was told that SYNC2-V3.8 (which I installed in late 2015) was the latest version available for that car. The Ford owner site (when it's working) claims the same. Sigh...

#7 OFFLINE   Mike G

Mike G

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationFort Wayne, Indiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:17 AM

My early 2013 Energi (11/2012) shows SYNC2v3.5 as the latest and that is what the dealer shows when I asked them to update it. My later 2013 Energi (11/2013) was updated by the same dealer to SYNC2v3.10. How did you install 3.8 in 2015?

#8 OFFLINE   raucous

raucous

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPNW
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:16 AM

I downloaded 3.8 from Ford's Sync site. Our Energi, by the way, was manufactured in 4/13 - so not nearly as early as your first one. I'm wondering what's changed to account for the differences in final Sync versions across the models.

I see that there's a similar arbitrary-sounding cutoff (9-Aug-13) in the MyFord Touch class action lawsuit that's crawling through the courts (along with geographic restrictions) and, again, I have to wonder...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·