Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Modem recall and a used Cmax... how far to push dealer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

I've found a dealer who regularly picks up used Northern C max Energis, and is pleasant to deal with. They seem to be pricing them well, and they have a few on hand on a regular basis. 
I'm a couple of weeks away from my purchase, so the current 'good' car they have on hand that fits my budget is fairly low miles, under 30,000 for a base 2013 Energi. 

The Car Fax shows it to be an upstate NY lease turn in, No accidents reported etc... It was picked up at auction by a dealer I trust, then moved over to the one I'm looking at currently. Both smaller town dealers, not Energi dealers, but Ford with good reputations. (as an aside: I am Not at all impressed with the local Energi certified dealership and unless I have to, I won't deal with them.)

they show the door latch recall and the 'embedded Modem' recall yet to be done on the car. Not having used MFM etc... yet, how important is it that I push to get the modem replaced?  Should I do that before I take ownership, or should I suck it up and take it to the Energi certified dealer near home once I have the car? The dealer I'm talking to is 120 miles from home, the Energi certified one is about 25 miles. There's a great ford dealer about 15 minutes from home, but they 'can't' sell Energi-s per the salesman I last spoke with. My feeling is that the small town guys would do the recall work if I asked. From what I've read here, it is not that difficult for them to do. 

Thanks for any/all advice. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

I bought mine from a used car dealer up the street from the Ford Dealer. Took it to the Ford dealer a couple weeks later and they ordered the parts. They came in, I dropped the car off and they did the recalls. No problems. (the door latches take awhile)

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

The imbedded modem and latch recalls should not need and Energi certified dealer to have them done. I would check with your local dealer to see it they will be able to take do them for you. These recalls were done at the same visit on my car and was completed in half a day.

Tom

Edited by Tom_NC_1, 23 February 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

Well I went and did the test drive today, and the car thought that MFM was still enabled and operating. I wouldn't know , Not having an account. I did bring it up to the service desk, turns out the salesman I dealt with back in September has switched over to be a service writer, and in fact today was his first day there as a service writer. I was delayed by a major accident on the New York thruway, and texted him my question about the modem. By the time I got there did the test drive and was getting ready to leave the answer was "Of course we will do it, no problem " from the head of the service department.

Edited by NedB, 02 March 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:46 AM

Modem wise, if the car is in a podunk area, the 2g may still be working. It would for me when I would drive to my dads town 45 miles away.

#6 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:47 AM

They're doing the modem and putting the car in for a thorough check in the shop today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·