Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Onsidering used energi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike Erchenbrecher

Mike Erchenbrecher

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCentral Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:honda ridgeline

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

I gave my daughter my 04 Prius and am considering replacing it with either a 2013 or 2014 NRG. I looked at one in western Ohio with 66000 miles on it for 9700 + tax and title. No warranty at a ford dealer. Can purchase a 3yr/36000 esp ford warranty for an additional 1400.
Also looking at 2 in western Pa. A 2013 with 32000 miles which is a CPO vehicle and a 2014 with 27000 miles. The 2013 is 12982 and the 2014 is 13788.
The 6/60000 mile esp is cheaper on the 2014 since it is still under factory warranty and is also CPO.
They both have nav and the 2014 has a moonroof as well.
Just wondered about the esp warranty. Looked online and found some much cheaper than the ford dealer in Washington, pa is charging.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,263 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

It's been awhile since I shopped for an ESP for my 2013 but when I did these folks were the ones I went with:  http://andersonandko...ns-and-pricing/

I can't vouch for the ESP service since I haven't had to use it.   :happy feet:

#3 OFFLINE   Perry Knopp

Perry Knopp

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWV
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:FOrd

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:58 AM

IMO you are generally better off with the factory extended warranty. I used to sell cars and some of the non factory ones were sketchy. Before I went with anything non factory I would do my research. That isn't to say that there are not aftermarket ones that are good. There are. Just do your research.

The 2014 looks like a good buy. I bought a 2013 but it's usually not a bad thing to skip a first year car. I also saw this car in Ohio which looks interesting.

https://www.cars.com...27600/overview/

#4 OFFLINE   bdginmo

bdginmo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

As long as it's a genuine Ford ESP then the online prices are probably legit. Flood Ford, Ziegler, Anderson & Koch, etc. are a few that I am aware of that sell legit Ford ESPs. In fact, I just purchased a 7yr/100000mi contract from Flood Ford a couple of weeks ago for our 2017 Ford Explorer. With Flood Ford you just fill out the form and enter your credit card. It took them about 5-7 days to process it and they emailed the Ford ESP contract to me. It appeared like they ran my credit card and emailed the contract around the same time so don't be alarmed if it takes a few days. From I've been able to tell the ESP contract gets entered into a national database so all Ford dealers can see it. So you should be to ask the service adviser at your local dealer if they see it in their computer system once you've purchased it.

Edited by bdginmo, 21 February 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

As long as it's a genuine Ford ESP then the online prices are probably legit. Flood Ford, Ziegler, Anderson & Koch, etc. are a few that I am aware of that sell legit Ford ESPs. In fact, I just purchased a 7yr/100000mi contract from Flood Ford a couple of weeks ago for our 2017 Ford Explorer. With Flood Ford you just fill out the form and enter your credit card. It took them about 5-7 days to process it and they emailed the Ford ESP contract to me. It appeared like they ran my credit card and emailed the contract around the same time so don't be alarmed if it takes a few days. From I've been able to tell the ESP contract gets entered into a national database so all Ford dealers can see it. So you should be to ask the service adviser at your local dealer if they see it in their computer system once you've purchased it.

Just a note here:

- The Ford ESP warranty is entered into the dealership network. It will be honored at any dealer.

- You can turn it in early for a pro-rated refund.

- If you take the quote in to your local dealer, they will probably match the price. Mine did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·