Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

My Ford Mobile Lost Connection to C-Max Energi

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationBakersfield, California
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

The last connection I had was a month ago in cold and snow conditions. Neither my PC logon nor my Android App will will see current information.  Several months ago I had the cellular recall update performed but it worked fine for a while.  I seem to remember reading about removing and reinstalling the app in the vehicle but I don't remember how it was done.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Hi John:

You need to update your modem to the newer one, not sure if its 3G or 4G but there is a new version the original 2G doesn't work any more.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Hi John:

You need to update your modem to the newer one, not sure if its 3G or 4G but there is a new version the original 2G doesn't work any more.

-=>Raja.

As I stated in my post I had the update installed several moths ago.  It did work for a while. 

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

That's because you didn't get the new modem, you got replaced with another 2G modem.  

My friend Ansy had the same thing, modem replaced with the original modem and then all of a sudden it stopped working Jan 2nd.

-=>Raja.

#5 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

That's because you didn't get the new modem, you got replaced with another 2G modem.  

My friend Ansy had the same thing, modem replaced with the original modem and then all of a sudden it stopped working Jan 2nd.

-=>Raja.

Really?  I took mine in after receiving a recall which was to update the stock 2G modem to the new 3G modem.  I even had to take it in for them to inspect and special order the update.  Is that what your friend did and they actually replaced it with another 2G modem?  

#6 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

I was reading that some people were able to resolve this same issue by removing fuse F67 for 60 seconds.  This forces a reset.  I haven't tried it yet but will let you know. 

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

That's what happened to him, but he bought the car used this month and they told him that the recall was already done and he didn't need to worry about it.  He's waiting on the modem now to change it again.   Some people indicated here that it was a problem (modems changed earlier on) so just thought maybe you ended up with an original modem instead of the newer one.  Also possible they told him it was done and it wasn't really.  In any case just check that possibility, if it stopped working early January then its possible its the 2G version.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 27 January 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

Both my plug-ins stopped communicating with The Mother Ship almost on the same day, back near January 2.

#9 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFlorida
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMax Energi

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Worked for me!!
Thanks for the tip!

My CMax insisted was at our second home in North Carolina and hadn't been driven after the day after Christmas.
Yesterday, the Lake Wales Ford service advisor, spent more than hour. Scratched his head, couldn't solve the problem.

I remove fuse 67 for couple minutes and replaced it. When I open my MFM app, it still said CMax was in NC. A few seconds later, the screen refreshed. Now showed "Fully Charged at Fir Ave."

#10 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington DC
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi Titanium

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

This happened with my new 2017 C-Max Energi (2 weeks young)  I pulled into the parking garage at work, but this time I drove to the third level versus the first.  I went to my desk and noticed myfordmobile hadn't updated.  Thinking it was just too far below ground to get a signal, I moved the car at lunchtime to the first level. Still no luck.

I drove home in the evening it still wasn't connecting.  I looked at the SYNC ESN in the display on the car, and it was blank.

A quick removal of the Fuse 67 (boy, is it tiny) for about 10-15 seconds brought the ESN value in the display of the car, and when I went inside to check my computer, all was well with myfordmobile.   It picked up my drive into work in the am, reported it was charging,  but it didn't pull the log from my drive home ( and it was the best score I had too  :( )

#11 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

Argh.  It did it again.  ESN is showing in the General Settings/Sync though.  I might try to see if comes back on its own.  

Update: ESN still was displaying fine when I checked in my office parking garage, and MyFordMobile worked when I exited the parking garage.  I guess my garage at work has dead spots now.

Edited by nmorrisii, 28 February 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Your C-Max uses AT&T 3G cellular service.  I bet it just lost connection to the network. 

#13 OFFLINE   DYussen

DYussen

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

Same issue here. Recall done a while ago, no issues. Had an oil change Saturday morning and MFM hasn't been able to connect to the car and display any updates since.

#14 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

My experience might or might not be related to yours.

The only observation I have is that when I went to General Settings/Sync, that my ESN was blank.  I had lost communication that morning with MFM, and it didn't come back on the drive home 8 hours later or when I had it parked at home for a few hours.

Pulling Fuse 67 for 10 seconds fixed the problem (Hooray for this forum)  An ESN # did appear, and MFM connected again.   It hasn't happened since.

#15 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMax Energi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

Pulled fuse #67 and replaced it.

It thought it was Florida, logs showed Feb 28, fully charged. We came back to NC Apr 8.

Just updated MFM app, "updated failed".

After pulling the fuse, it now shows plugged in, fully charged in NC.

MFM now works on my iPad.

I expect modem to go offline again.

#16 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:51 AM

Yeah, I REALLY wish they would have included a "reset" switch on the dash of this car for Fuse #67...  I've had to pull that thing a half dozen times to fix random electrical oddities and it is such a pain to get to and get out...

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#17 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 204 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, I REALLY wish they would have included a "reset" switch on the dash of this car for Fuse #67...  I've had to pull that thing a half dozen times to fix random electrical oddities and it is such a pain to get to and get out...

I've been thinking exactly the same thing! I wonder if something like this, in a 15A version, would work? I can't tell from the description, but if the button can be pulled out and pushed back in to reset the fuse, it would at least be much easier than pulling the damned thing! Or, more expensively but it should fit the need perfectly, this.

Of course, Ford could do something to make this unnecessary....

Edited by Jonathan Ezor, 23 May 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

I've been thinking exactly the same thing! I wonder if something like this, in a 15A version, would work? I can't tell from the description, but if the button can be pulled out and pushed back in to reset the fuse, it would at least be much easier than pulling the damned thing!

I dunno, it looks like that one is only going to pop the button out if the circuit overloads.  Still in an inconvenient location...  

I think the right way would be some sort of fuse insert with wires out to a fuse and switch mounted under the edge or somewhere easily pushable but not accidentally...

#19 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 204 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

I dunno, it looks like that one is only going to pop the button out if the circuit overloads.  Still in an inconvenient location...  

I think the right way would be some sort of fuse insert with wires out to a fuse and switch mounted under the edge or somewhere easily pushable but not accidentally...

The second one I posted does that. https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B009APJ2UU

#20 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Ah, yes that does look like it would work although a glance on my phone looks almost like those are round connectors. Seems like I recall seeing something specifically made to plug into a fuse receptacle. Then again these are the mini? Fuses as well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·