Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

(Slightly) Good News: Alexa (Amazon Echo) Works With MFM

alexa amazon echo mfm myfordmobile

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 215 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:27 AM

I've read with interest the announced integration between MyFordMobile and Amazon's Alexa (the operating system for its Echo and Echo Dot devices). While my 2015 C-MAX Energi isn't new enough to run Alexa integration within the car, I was able to easily load the new MyFordMobile skill within the Alexa app on my phone, set a PIN for remote start security, and now I can ask Alexa to give my car car's status, remotely lock or unlock it, and remotely start it. Well, I can *ask*, and the command gets sent, but since I'm *still* having the issues with the modem replacement, all I can get is remaining range, and none of the remote commands currently works properly. Ah well; still cool, and will be cooler once all the other issues with MFM and the new modems are resolved. {Jonathan}

• RubyMax and Randy Hammons like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bdginmo

bdginmo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

That is pretty cool. We have Alexa, but it's not plugged in anymore because we decided to start using Google Home instead. Hopefully, they'll start working on the integration for that as well. I might have to plug Alexa back in and see if it'll start my FFE.

#3 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

I added the skill to my account yesterday, but forgot to test it last night when I got home. 

I'm still not clear from the videos and user reviews how to tell it which car I want to unlock or remote start.  I'd hate to have it start/unlock my Focus in Seattle when I'm in Winnipeg trying to control the C-Max

#4 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

Sounds cool, but I need to check with the dealer and see if the modem is in soon, or if it is going to be months. We enjoyed MFM for a couple of weeks until they turned off the 2G locally.

#5 OFFLINE   mattsburgh

mattsburgh

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Just noticed this and activated the skill,  will try it out when I get home. 

Rather than remote start,  I'd really like to be able to set go times using Alexa.  Gets cold here in the winter and I use Go times a lot to pre-heat before heading out,  but my car is in the garage so I don't want to actually remote start it.   :wink:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alexa, amazon, echo, mfm, myfordmobile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·