Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

annoying alarm/alert/beeps while car is on and parked when exiting vehicle

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

With the car on and the driver opens the door there are two messages displayed in the left dash screen 'Ready to Drive' and 'Door Ajar'. Along with the messages the car also chimes . If the warnings have not been enough of an alert the horn beeps twice when the door is then closed. Although one can complain about the warnings Ford deserves some credit for minimizing car being inadvertently left on.

I am reasonably sure that if there were fewer or no warnings someone would complain about that too. There is no pleasing everyone. Personally the warnings have reminded me to shut the car off on more than one occasion.

Tom

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

Or just push the button to turn the car off when you get out.  I mean why does it need to stay on?  You're not a) burning any fuel to restart it, its just a click and you're on again, and b) you'll save some HVB though very little but it really doesn't hurt it to power cycle the thing.

The idea of not turning the car off comes from the ICE days where it might be more fuel economical to leave it running for a few seconds than to restart it.  Not the case with a plug in hybrid.

-=>Raja.

As I write it, I realize how trivial it sounds, but one of the reasons I don't turn the car off because I will be turning it back on quite quickly, and MFM will give me a 0 driving score. :-|  If I haven't mentioned it recently, the MFM rankings are much more interesting when you are in a region with only a few dozen drivers, and you have met some of them personally :-)

Another common reason I don't turn it off is that my wife is staying in the car and wants the radio and climate control to keep working.

Edited by cwstnsko, 25 January 2017 - 06:46 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   jbird8675309

jbird8675309

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBristol County
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi SEL

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Its all about Efficiency and  I love the fact the car is sooooooo quiet and like it that and love leaving the car on and don't have to wait for anything to warm up thats the best overall convenience shutting your car on and off is more of a hassle and inconvenience .   Your causing less damage in the long run over the life expectancy of the car battery while the car is on for a short time versus powering it on and off on and off repeating this multiple times over and over the long run.  Because when you power it on in has to include everything that was previously on and will  take, draw, and requires  more energy vs than was what existing and already on previously thus causing or using more making it more damaging.  Its just easier and convenient at the same time and requires less work involved. 

Look as far as the double honk.  Knowing when your car is on or off is a easy simple thing even when you forget or don't know just look for the green car symbol and check your display's. The honk is very loud and just advertises and disturbs people, pisses off neighbors and makes you look like you did something wrong and people think your honking at them.  Also as soon as someone else hears it there asking you 21 questions.    Leaving the door open is like inviting the world to steal your car and is not the best solution and on a windy day in New England can cause door damage to your door joints and could be a horror show blowing stuff around in your car 

Your keys are your own responsibility and I have Tile and my cell phone for that not a honk to help me track down a lost set of keys so to me the honk is a huge hindrance for my convenience.  I work 2nd shift and come home late on night and when the car is on and I forget something in the house the honk just annoys people and tenants while does absolutely nothing for me.  I know w

I truly enjoy this car and plan on keeping it forever.  Love to drive it I only have very littler concerns that would improve it to flawless perfection.  

#24 OFFLINE   jbird8675309

jbird8675309

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBristol County
  • Current Vehicle:Energi SEL

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

STOP saying it doesn't serve a purpose because it does!
It had 2 that I can think of off the top of my head.
1. If you forgot to turn off your car when you should have
2. If you had your car running and left your keys in your house or on the counter on the store you just went in to.

If you are getting out of your car and don't close the door it doesn't sound the alarm but you get a messsge on the screen about no key detected.

On mine the beeps are very loud, I wish it was quieter.

Um forgot to turn off your car??? how does this help??? You have to know whether your car is on or off because its not gonna take off no where.  Its a simple eye check of a green car symbol and checking the displays.  

and unless you know that the honk means your keys are farther than 3 feet away I don't need a car telling me that a noise means  you did something wrong not that your lost something.  And in my case I have something to take care of when my keys are lost.  

#25 OFFLINE   Xanotos

Xanotos

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

But that's the odd thing, I don't fully close the door. I close the door at the point where the gaskets touches the frame and it still honks. I would like to leave the door swung out more, but driveway is not that wide.
Plus, turning off car just to be out of it for 5 second doesn't seem encouraging to me. Would be nice to have a car that slides open the driveway gate and would park itself and plug itself in. :)

#26 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:28 AM

If I close my door slowly until the first click but not shut all the way the double beep doesn't go off.  Try it.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·