Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

annoying alarm/alert/beeps while car is on and parked when exiting vehicle

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jbird8675309

jbird8675309

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBristol County
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi SEL

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

Anyone know how to disable/fix/adjust this annoying 2 beep noise when your exiting the vehicle shutting the driver door when car is on or idle and parked??? It makes a useless sound that suppose to do what??? Its annoying does nothing and totally annoying.  I go make a quick stop and leave the car on parked and exit the vehicle shut the door I hear to 2 beep noises.  Anyone resolve this or is it with the key settings? Any way to get rid of this because it unnecessarily advertises distracting noises.  I don't see the purpose of this other than I am unsure if its a reminder.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

Anyone know how to disable/fix/adjust this annoying 2 beep noise when your exiting the vehicle shutting the driver door when car is on or idle and parked??? It makes a useless sound that suppose to do what??? Its annoying does nothing and totally annoying.  I go make a quick stop and leave the car on parked and exit the vehicle shut the door I hear to 2 beep noises.  Anyone resolve this or is it with the key settings? Any way to get rid of this because it unnecessarily advertises distracting noises.  I don't see the purpose of this other than I am unsure if its a reminder.  

It is a warning that the key has been removed from the inside of the car while the car is still turned on. You could leave the key in the car while you exit but I would never recommend that. The reminder is not a bad idea to prevent one from forgetting to shut off the car. I know of no way to disable this warning. I actually think it is a good idea anyway.

Tom Doe

#3 OFFLINE   bloom2708

bloom2708

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationFargo, ND
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

I second. This is "your car is running and the key is out of range" notification.

No way to turn this off that I have found.

#4 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

Is a couple of beeps more or less annoying than pressing a button twice?

#5 OFFLINE   jbird8675309

jbird8675309

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBristol County

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Your c -max can't carry your keys for you So I am suppose to hear a  noise? I don't think it has to do with a reminder because as soon as I shut door the 2 beep noise happens automatically while its on not 3 feet away.  It serves no purpose and does nothing because whatever u do with the key 9 times out of 10 you take the keys with you.  And if you leave the keys  in the car then the noise is even more nonsense it would be the same idea that would just advertise to steal your car by making noises while the key is inside it.  The car is quiet to begin with making noises doesn't help or do anything better other than advertise how stupid nothing is.

Its a useless unnecessary noise that occurs that someone programmed and I there has to be a way to un-program it.  

#6 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,901 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

When you get there, just power the car off and walk out.  Anyway if you leave the car ON and walk off you're buring about 600w of the battery constantly with the car on so you're losing charge and wasting it.  Maybe doesn't make a bit of a difference to you but if you don't want to hear the beep, either power the car off or don't close the door all the way, those are your options.

Leaving the key inside the car, in my opinion, is not an option unless you're hoping for someone to steal it.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 19 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Joshg678

Joshg678

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:16 C-Max Hybrid SEL 302A

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Your c -max can't carry your keys for you So I am suppose to hear a noise? I don't think it has to do with a reminder because as soon as I shut door the 2 beep noise happens automatically while its on not 3 feet away. It serves no purpose and does nothing because whatever u do with the key 9 times out of 10 you take the keys with you. And if you leave the keys in the car then the noise is even more nonsense it would be the same idea that would just advertise to steal your car by making noises while the key is inside it. The car is quiet to begin with making noises doesn't help or do anything better other than advertise how stupid nothing is.

Its a useless unnecessary noise that occurs that someone programmed and I there has to be a way to un-program it.

STOP saying it doesn't serve a purpose because it does!
It had 2 that I can think of off the top of my head.
1. If you forgot to turn off your car when you should have
2. If you had your car running and left your keys in your house or on the counter on the store you just went in to.

If you are getting out of your car and don't close the door it doesn't sound the alarm but you get a messsge on the screen about no key detected.

On mine the beeps are very loud, I wish it was quieter.

#8 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:15 AM

I dislike it because it's a HONK, not a beep.  My prius beeped.  Much less annoying and likely to grab everyone's attention or wake anyone up when you're just getting out for 30 seconds to drop off a bag of garbage or some cardboard from 20 feet away.

My new behavior in the C-Max is to make sure there's always at least one door or hatch open at least a bit.

#9 OFFLINE   jtespi

jtespi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

Your c -max can't carry your keys for you So I am suppose to hear a  noise? I don't think it has to do with a reminder because as soon as I shut door the 2 beep noise happens automatically while its on not 3 feet away.  It serves no purpose and does nothing because whatever u do with the key 9 times out of 10 you take the keys with you.  And if you leave the keys  in the car then the noise is even more nonsense it would be the same idea that would just advertise to steal your car by making noises while the key is inside it.  The car is quiet to begin with making noises doesn't help or do anything better other than advertise how stupid nothing is.

As others have said, the double honk is an alert that you left the car on and left it unattended, even without the key (as long as it is not powered off), someone could just jump in and drive off. Although, there is a way to disable it you need to use a computer or mobile device, ForScan, and a compatible OBD reader. Look up more details on other forums, you basically reprogram a vehicle feature.

#10 OFFLINE   jbird8675309

jbird8675309

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBristol County

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

I have a OBD reader and use Torque and Dash Command.  But thanks for the Info will try ForScan.  It is a double honk thanks for the clarification I could leave the door open and that wouldn't hurt and would save a step instead of constantly opening and closing.  But the best thing would eliminate it all together and also I am responsible for my cars at all times and once in awhile I do like to keep the car running on those short visits we all do.   

I also have the Tile App and GPS locator on my keys so I can use any computer or my phone to track my keys at any time so the double honk is useless to me.  

As far as stealing if someone wants to steal your vehicle nothing you can do or really  stop them thats why we pay insurance and that person would be facing jail time but we shouldn't be inviting people or making it too easy as well.    

#11 OFFLINE   jbird8675309

jbird8675309

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBristol County

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

Also the Double Honk annoy's people think they are getting honked at or they did something wrong and it disturbs others

#12 OFFLINE   Xanotos

Xanotos

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hmmmm... that's odd. When I get out of the car to open driveway gate, I leave door ajar (not fully swung open), it still honks. Soooooo annoying.

#13 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:20 AM

Hmmmm... that's odd. When I get out of the car to open driveway gate, I leave door ajar (not fully swung open), it still honks. Soooooo annoying.

I often get out of the car in the preschool car pool lane and the only time the double honk occurs is if I shut the door. There is no double honk unless the door is fully shut. Closing the door to not quite latched prevents the double honk for me.

Tom

#14 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,901 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:13 AM

That's it, exactly as Tom says, if you don't want to turn the car off and you don't want the double honk, then swing the door shut to the first click but not fully latched and it won't happen.  That's what I would do, close it slowly until it clicks.

-=>Raja.

#15 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:53 AM

While I agree with the suggestions that not closing the door all the way is a good work-around, if there were a setting to turn off these HORN BLASTS, I'd do it an a heartbeat.  If it were a subtle beep like my wife's Nissan, I'd never even go looking for the setting as the reminder is useful.  I don't disagree with the concept of the reminder, I just disagree with Ford's choice to use full volume horn blasts to accomplish it.  If I accidentally close the door a little too far when I get out of the car to roll my recycle bin in or out of the garage at 5:30 in the morning, I end up waking up my neighbors :-(

• Levi Smith likes this

#16 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Leave the key in the cup holder, no horn beeps!

#17 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

While I agree with the suggestions that not closing the door all the way is a good work-around, if there were a setting to turn off these HORN BLASTS, I'd do it an a heartbeat.  If it were a subtle beep like my wife's Nissan, I'd never even go looking for the setting as the reminder is useful.  I don't disagree with the concept of the reminder, I just disagree with Ford's choice to use full volume horn blasts to accomplish it.  If I accidentally close the door a little too far when I get out of the car to roll my recycle bin in or out of the garage at 5:30 in the morning, I end up waking up my neighbors :-(

I am in complete agreement.

#18 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,901 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

Or just push the button to turn the car off when you get out.  I mean why does it need to stay on?  You're not a) burning any fuel to restart it, its just a click and you're on again, and b) you'll save some HVB though very little but it really doesn't hurt it to power cycle the thing.

The idea of not turning the car off comes from the ICE days where it might be more fuel economical to leave it running for a few seconds than to restart it.  Not the case with a plug in hybrid.

-=>Raja.

• sporkinum likes this

#19 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

Or just push the button to turn the car off when you get out.  I mean why does it need to stay on?  You're not a) burning any fuel to restart it, its just a click and you're on again, and b) you'll save some HVB though very little but it really doesn't hurt it to power cycle the thing.

The idea of not turning the car off comes from the ICE days where it might be more fuel economical to leave it running for a few seconds than to restart it.  Not the case with a plug in hybrid.

-=>Raja.

I'm not sure I could ever make a case for any car to be more economical to leave it running.

It's just an ease of use thing.  For my circumstances, it's usually very quick and frequently dark.  I'd prefer not to shut the car off. I'd just as soon leave the lights on, bluetooth connected, podcast playing, etc. instead of taking as much time to shut off and restart the car as I am to just get out of and back into the car in the first place.

Not a huge deal, just very annoying EVERY time it goes off. And I can't think of a single time I ever got out of the car and "forgot" that it was on...

#20 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

Ok, so the same horn beep is used in my other Fords.  The Focus Electric, and the Escape.  Thinking about it more, it actually makes more sense to sound an alert on the plug-in vehicles.  When you exit my Escape with the car "on", it's fairly obvious that the engine is running.  The C-Max and Focus are both silent when you close the door, so having a horn beep is rather useful.  But I think the real value in alerting the driver that the key has just left the vehicle can be seen in this scenario:

I drive to work with my wife, who drops me off and takes the car with her.  I have the key in my pocket, and when I exit and close the door, it reminds me to give her the key.

• sporkinum likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·