Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

TSB 16-0157 -- service scam?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

Ford did the right thing and picked up the slack for the rotten dealership that overcharged us for the TSB which they did not perform correctly.

After I sent a letter in early June,  we called in late July.   Ford corporate responded the same day.  They had been working on our case and following up on our documentation.

They decided to reimburse for the scam job labor pricing and incompetent work by one dealer (basically a mile from home) and paid for the TSB (and new TCU) to be installed by another dealer 15 miles in heavy soCal traffic.   

The job was finished two weeks ago and we have had no 12volt issues since.   We are crossing our fingers that the issue does not recur.    

At least FORD made a choice to back their product design issue and keep customer loyalty.   I hope no one else has to deal with a dealer who jacks pricing based on hours involved 250% over Ford hourly schedule for the TSB and then does not complete the service correctly for which they have grossly overcharged for more hours than necessary to perform the service.

I sure hope FORD has some recourse with the dealer.

Question?   How many of you would post your experience with the dealership on Yelp, Google, Edwards, or any available car dealership service rating site to spread the information to unsuspecting patrons looking for honest competent service?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Joshg678

Joshg678

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:16 C-Max Hybrid SEL 302A

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

This is wonderful news. I'm very happy to hear ford stepped up to right the wrongs the dealer did.
I'm doubtful the dealer will suffer.

I would absolutely post a negative review when it comes to fraud.

#43 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 547 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:11 AM

You don't have to post a review everywhere, but it would be a definite helpful warning.

#44 OFFLINE   AZ2013CMAX

AZ2013CMAX

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAZ
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMax

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

Just got my 2013 C-Max back. Same battery drain issue.  $363.97 to diagnose problem and  "update software" after the TCU was replaced.  What a joke.  I brought my car in in December after my wife was stranded in a mall lot after closing. $150 to tow the car to the dealership and the dealer diagnosed "dead battery" and no other problems. $187 for the diagnosis and battery charge.

We had the clock issue, followed by the radio and HUD etc going dark and then dead battery.  Had a repair shop test the battery after I charged it and found it was fine.  I found the 2014 and 2015 TSBs and sent them with my wife to the dealer. The service tech belittled my wife for bringing in an "outdated" TSB and told her the correct one is TSB 16-0157.

• First Tech #1 told her the modum was bad but the recall had expired. He then said he could get it covered by the extended warranty.
  • Next he told her that they would need to run diagnosttics for $187.
  • Called and said would need to replace the TCU to fix the battery drain. Told her they also need to reprogram all of the modules that talk to the TCU for $363.97.
  • I asked them to send the work order- it only contained my original complaint...battery drain etc.
  • When I went to pick up the car the work order still lacked a description of the work done to support the $363 charge. I had a different tech and after reviewing several screens Tech #2 could not explain the work done.  Tech #1 returned and gave me the software update spiel. Tech #1 claims Ford will pay for it under the 36 month warranty but I am too late. Extended warranty doesn't cover software so pay up to get the car.
  • I told him I was going to complaint to Ford and I wanted a copy of the updated TSB.
  • He told me "his boss needed to print it."  After several stink eye looks and a 5 minute conversation they finally printed the TSB.
  • He couldn't explain why I should be required to pay for a software update necessary to get the existing modules to talk to the new updated TCU which was defective, other than Ford requires it.

Hopefully Ford steps up but I doubt it.  I had a Ford Explorer that had a heating plenum fail at 37 months.  $800 to fix a $10 lifetime part. I've owned 4 Fords. Two had problems Ford should have but wouldn't cover. I think I'm out.  I'll get another Prius.  190,000 miles in the Desert. Finally,  at 10 years replaced the battery with an expected 8 year life span. Other than that....tires, gas and oil.  Not even a brake job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·