Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Got latch recall, driver-side keyless fails

keyless entry latch recall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 322 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:46 AM

I got the door latch recall done on Wednesday (along with a new 12v battery), and now the driver's side keyless lock/unlock don't work.  Passenger side works (front and back).  Fob works.  Haven't thought to try footing the trunk until just now.

From looking at the fuse diagram, I think that there's no fuse that would take out only one side, so I'm left with the fob sensor or the door handle sensors.

Does anybody have an idea on diagnosing this?  Where are all of the fob sensors?

I'm certainly taking it back to the dealer, but I'd like to provide as many diagnostic-relevant facts as I can.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bloom2708

bloom2708

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationFargo, ND
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

I had my door latch recall parts installed on Tuesday (Jan 18th). I also had the modem upgraded. 

On Wednesday the doors would not lock (button or FOB). Pushing lock/unlock made a clicking noise, but no locks were engaged. The drivers window controls did not work. The car was "dark" for 15-20 minutes two times. No interior lights, rebooting sound in the dash.

On Thursday morning I unplugged, opened the drivers door and the alarm/horn started going off after 5 seconds.

I have had zero issues with my 2013 Energi up to this point. I am wondering if I failed miserably and should have left the car with no My Ford Mobile and left the door latches alone?

The dealer cannot get me back in until next Tuesday.

#3 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

The dealer took two long days (and almost a weekend, thank you FedEx for a late Friday delivery) to repair my keyless problems; they found several loose connections and wound up replacing the wiring harness inside both front doors.

They gave me a loaner car and never tried to charge me.  It sounds like either the techs are ham-handed, or these cars are rather fragile once you open them up.  Perhaps both.

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,185 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

I've already made up my mind I'm not replacing the door latches until they fail, they may never who knows.  The modem I have to do it as its been dead since Jan 2nd around here, and none of my settings work, value charge, go times, nothing.  MFM is also dead of course.

But so far no modem for me at the dealer, not sure what's up with that I called but didn't get a return call back.

-=>Raja.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keyless entry, latch recall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·