Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

No power to center console, can anybody help?

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

My buddy Ansy just picked up another used 2013 Ford Cmax, only 24k miles and it seems to have been driven by a lady on the ice the whole time.  Trip 1 was not reset, showing 992 gallons burned and a very low mpg number of 24.6, not sure of the nature of how she drove, but that's related to her.  The good news is that the HYB seems to be in very good shape, the bad news is that he discovered that the cigarette lighter on the console, and the one inside the storage box, as well as the lights in that area (around the cup holders) and lights for the heated seats are all out.  Also the heated seats don't work.

Yes he can take it back to the dealer in CT and have them take a look, but its like a 2 1/2 hour drive, I thought to ask here if someone has any idea about this it would be great.  I tried to check some fuses but did not find any that were broken.  If you know which fuse is for that area, maybe I didn't check the right one.  Other thought was that perhaps some wire harness is disconnected somewhere that supplies the power to that area, the cover for the fuse box is missing under the passenger side and it looked like someone in the past disconnected the 2nd big plug from the left on the fuse panel, the locking mechanism on it is broken.

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions to try please speak up and thanks!

-=>Raja.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

My buddy Ansy just picked up another used 2013 Ford Cmax, only 24k miles and it seems to have been driven by a lady on the ice the whole time.  Trip 1 was not reset, showing 992 gallons burned and a very low mpg number of 24.6, not sure of the nature of how she drove, but that's related to her.  The good news is that the HYB seems to be in very good shape, the bad news is that he discovered that the cigarette lighter on the console, and the one inside the storage box, as well as the lights in that area (around the cup holders) and lights for the heated seats are all out.  Also the heated seats don't work.

Yes he can take it back to the dealer in CT and have them take a look, but its like a 2 1/2 hour drive, I thought to ask here if someone has any idea about this it would be great.  I tried to check some fuses but did not find any that were broken.  If you know which fuse is for that area, maybe I didn't check the right one.  Other thought was that perhaps some wire harness is disconnected somewhere that supplies the power to that area, the cover for the fuse box is missing under the passenger side and it looked like someone in the past disconnected the 2nd big plug from the left on the fuse panel, the locking mechanism on it is broken.

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions to try please speak up and thanks!

-=>Raja.

The seat heater fuses are 20A fuses in the luggage Compartment Fuse Panel. F34 is for the Driver seat and F35 is for the passenger seat.

F27 is the luggage compartment outlet. There are connectors under each of the front seats that should be easy to checked to make sure they are properly plugged in.

The passenger compartment Fuse panel, Fuse  number 60 is for Interior light, Driver door switch and glovebox illumination. (I did not see a fuse specific to the ambient lighting.) Also fuse number 61 is the cigar lighter and second row power point.

Tom

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

Thanks Tom:  

I checked F34 and F35 for him, also under the seat I didn't see anything unplugged.  

I also checked #61, #79, and #85, and also asked him to check the 40 amp fuse I think #24 in the back same panel as 34 and 35 and they are all good.

I did not check #60.  Maybe I should have him look at that one.  Sometimes the wording for fuses is not 100% correct, in other words they may do something else than listed.

Luggage compartment 12v outlet is working.

We didn't check the 120v outlet, I'm thinking it might not work.  I found the 12v to 120v inverter under the console for that.

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

With the fuses looking good and the fact that several items associated with different fuses are affected it might be a connector or grounding issue. Good luck but you might need to have take it in for service. Those seat heaters would be a high priority if I lived up north.

Tom

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Erchenbrecher

Mike Erchenbrecher

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCentral Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:honda ridgeline

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

I have the exact same problem. Did you figure out what was wrong?

#6 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

He took it to the dealer, they charged the whole wiring harness instead of trying to figure out where the break is...

Luckily he had the extended warranty so he only had to pay $100...

-=>Raja.

#7 OFFLINE   Mike Erchenbrecher

Mike Erchenbrecher

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCentral Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:honda ridgeline

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

Thanks Raja. I enjoy reading your posts. I got the extended warranty with the 200 deductible. I think it was you that explained that was a good choice compared to the prices of the other lower deductibles. Guess we shall see what they say since I have an appointment Monday morning to have it looked at.

#8 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:00 AM

You're welcome!  You can check fuses before you go, we did on Ansy's car but didn't find any that were blown.  Good luck!

Extended warranty is a good idea, I have mine with $200 deductible as well, thankfully I haven't had to use it much, I think only once so far when the traction control light came on as well as check engine I think and something else.  Turned out to be a wet connector something like that they charged me $172 to fix it (was less than $200 anyways) and they also fixed P04EF code.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 02 March 2017 - 07:04 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·