Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems after new modem fitted

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   agincourt

agincourt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationComox
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Energi 2015

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

I am always getting the same charge level on myfordmobile and it doesn't agree with the charge level in the car.  Always 30km (in Canada).  Any suggestions anyone?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

That happened with the early upgrades, with the display stuck at whatever level it was when upgraded, but they fixed that a few weeks ago.  I'd be really sorry if it came back!

Charge Profiles don't sync for anybody (AFAIK), and Go Times are flaky.

#3 OFFLINE   brishop

brishop

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSimi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Element & Cmax Energi 303A

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

Just got new modem installed on 12/26. My fordmobile shows last update was 12/27. don't know what to do. Nothing's connecting to the car

#4 OFFLINE   paulus

paulus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

Was out of cellular range for a while, now MyFord doesn't want to log back on; it says the car is 'out and about' and the last update was several days ago (while it's sitting in the garage, fully charged).

Anybody else with that problem? Mr. Ford, what to do???

#5 OFFLINE   jdtarheel78

jdtarheel78

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Cmax Energi

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

Was out of cellular range for a while, now MyFord doesn't want to log back on; it says the car is 'out and about' and the last update was several days ago (while it's sitting in the garage, fully charged).

Anybody else with that problem? Mr. Ford, what to do???

Yes!  I also am having issues.  I frequently charge and park overnight in parking garages with poor cell service.  It seems that the car won't update after that happens.  I've been going in circles with MyFordMobile support since before Christmas.  The only short term resolution is to pull fuse 67, let it reset, then it will work until it loses cell service again.  Today support emailed me advising I need to take the car back to the dealer to perform a fuse pull...which sounds like the same thing that I've been doing repeatedly for the past month...  Sadly there's no good solution yet.  FWIW, in another thread in the "Audio, MyFord, Nav..." subforum a user said that their local dealer told them that the new modems have an issue and are going to be recalled so I guess we'll see what happens.  In the meantime pulling fuse 67 over and over and over again is the only solution that's worked for me...which is a horrible solution.

#6 OFFLINE   brishop

brishop

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Element & Cmax Energi 303A

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

My issue is now my sound system doesn't work. The head unit doesn't register any inputs in the audio section. The other sections work fine though. Volume doesn't work. Parking sensors don't work.

#7 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

My modem replaced last week, no issues.  Works flawlessly on Android phone and on internet to PC.  In fact I knew the replacement was successul as I checked while the car was in repair and saw when it suddenly updated successfully, showing actual location and charge level (it had 'stalled Jan 3rd when AT&T shutdown the 2G network.

• RubyMax likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 189 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

My modem replaced last week, no issues.  Works flawlessly on Android phone and on internet to PC.  In fact I knew the replacement was successul as I checked while the car was in repair and saw when it suddenly updated successfully, showing actual location and charge level (it had 'stalled Jan 3rd when AT&T shutdown the 2G network.

Yeah, well, those might work, but the other functions may not. In my case, location works, range works, and nothing else. Don't assume until you test everything. {Jonathan}

#9 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 189 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

My issue is now my sound system doesn't work. The head unit doesn't register any inputs in the audio section. The other sections work fine though. Volume doesn't work. Parking sensors don't work.

Sounds like they dislodged a cable or something while doing the repair. {Jonathan}

#10 OFFLINE   ksiegel

ksiegel

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-max Energi

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:44 AM

Modem recall taken care of in December, and mine was working up to 2 weeks ago, when it abruptly stopped. I went to the dealership today, was advised to completely delete the app from my phone, and reinstall. They said it could take 24 hours for the connection to re-establish itself.

I entered the vehicle back into the app, nd it goes right to the menu screen, with Account, Activity, Vehicle Management, About, and Sign Out showing. No graphic of vehicle, no charging information, no vehicle info other than the VIN, which I entered. And it doesn't seem to want to save the PIN.

Guess I'll check back again tomorrow.

Does anyone from Ford actually read these forum entries?

-Kurt

Edited by ksiegel, 17 March 2017 - 05:45 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   danielmcross

danielmcross

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford C-MAX Energi

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Kurt, did you get this resolved? I bet you are having the same problem I had. They replaced the TCU/Internal modem with the same part and hardware version that was the subject of the recall so as AT&T started turning off all the 2G equipment cars lost connectivity.

Take it back to the dealer, tell them to check the TCU and see if it is the correct replacement part. From what I went through getting mine fixed I could tell Ford did a awful job handling the recall so the local dealerships and technicians had almost no chance of knowing if they were installing the right replacement part.Took me FIVE trips to the dealer to sort it out.

You probably have the wrong version of the TCU/Internal Modem. The part # of the old 2G version and the new version is the same, starting with GM5T but there's another part # to indicate what version and they key in that part number is that if it has "AD" in the part # it is the old TCU and you want the one that has "AG" in the part number.

It's a real mess and they wouldn't let me take pictures of the parts or I'd have better information.

Modem recall taken care of in December, and mine was working up to 2 weeks ago, when it abruptly stopped. I went to the dealership today, was advised to completely delete the app from my phone, and reinstall. They said it could take 24 hours for the connection to re-establish itself.

I entered the vehicle back into the app, nd it goes right to the menu screen, with Account, Activity, Vehicle Management, About, and Sign Out showing. No graphic of vehicle, no charging information, no vehicle info other than the VIN, which I entered. And it doesn't seem to want to save the PIN.

Guess I'll check back again tomorrow.

Does anyone from Ford actually read these forum entries?

-Kurt

#12 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:01 AM

It's a real mess and they wouldn't let me take pictures of the parts or I'd have better information.

Legal issues? Why the lack of transparency/information? Was this just a dealership service department safety issue to keep customers out of the work bays?

Did you post a pic of your installed TCU part number? Documenting the TCU part issue was helpful. Were you advised not to post pics of your installed TCU?

#13 OFFLINE   ksiegel

ksiegel

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-max Energi

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

I did finally get this resolved, in either July or August.

When I brought it back in, they service desk called the tech who did the original replacement up, and he went through the original work order with me. Brought the car in, and 15 minutes later came back and told me the replacement modem was bad.

After the 2nd replacement was installed, I still had to delete and reinstall the app, resynch everything, and it has all been working well (Except for the Fuse 79 issue on November 1...)

My original 3 yr/36000 warranty is done, but I had purchased a Premium warranty. When my backup camera and rear sensors died six months after the warranty ended, I brought it in - I have a $100 deductible, and that was that.

Funny thing is, I got that warranty at the suggestion of the financing guy, and I thought he gave me a pretty good price. I was talking to one of the salesmen about it after the warranty had expired, and told him what I paid - he said that I paid about dealer cost for the top of the line extended, at the time. (Too bad they didn't have the tire and parking lot ding warranties at the time, like my wife's Mini did...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·