Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How to make Value Charge Profile work with new modem-(please keep this thread on-topic)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:28 AM

I still am not able to get Value Charging profiles to work with the new modem and will appreciate comments from those with new modems who have the same problem and/or if anyone has any procedures which will clean this up.

Response from the Ford Technical Group that monitors this forum will also be appreciated.

It will be appreciated if posts not directly related to this specific issue are placed in other threads so that hopefully we can focus on this problem until everyone has it resolved.

Thank you

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:06 AM

That's apparently happening for everyone who has upgraded.  I have yet to hear of it working for anybody in any of the several other threads in which we've been discussing it.

Send email to support@myfordmobile.com and/or call 800-392-3673 and work your way through the menus.  They won't work on it unless they know it's broken and how widespread the breakage is.

"Official" response here is rather spotty and should not be relied on.

#3 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationcentral
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

I couldn't value charge at my "home" profile location.  It was set to value charge, but it appeared to be stuck and Charge Now and wouldn't let me reset it.

I changed the value charge to my "default" profile and it started to charge at home correctly.  Then I deleted my "home" profile and created another "home2" profile, set the value charge for that, and it has worked for past few days.

I was going to pull fuse 67, but its too cold to mess with right now.  Maybe later this week if it warms up.  My trips, charge numbers and other info appear correct in  the app. 

Update:  I kept trying to make this work correctly and eventually it stopped working.  I pulled fuse 67 for about 20 min.  Now the car follows the "default profile" settings all of the time.  MFM recognizes the other location settings, but the car only recognizes the default profile.

Edited by tr7driver, 29 December 2016 - 06:46 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

I pulled 67 yesterday, no change.  Don't bother.

#5 OFFLINE   Grey13

Grey13

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

I was having weird issues with getting notifications for value charging and needing to plugin even though I had never set up value charging.  This started after I got the modem replaced a couple of weeks ago.

Going into the app and turning value charge on - off - on - off appears to have corrected that for me.

#6 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

The "Home" profile that I had previously set was deleted and a new one was created while plugged into my charger at home and given an entirely different name, but it still does not function.

HOWEVER.............As a workaround, the above custom profile was deleted from MFM and then the Default Profile was edited via the screen in the car to set the value charge times as desired. Note that the Default Profile could not be edited from MFM. When attempting to edit in MFM the message "This content failed to load" is displayed. It appears to be working since it is now plugged in waiting to charge. I won't know for certain that it's working until tomorrow morning after seeing if the HVB charged during the value period.

I will call Ford Support so that they have additional input that their mess is still not cleaned up.

Edited 12/21/16.............With only the Default profile active (all custom profiles deleted) the Value Charge setting works as intended. I documented with Ford Support that the custom profile feature of MFM still is not working with the new modem.

Edited by lucille, 21 December 2016 - 06:35 AM.

• Smiling Jack likes this

#7 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:51 AM

CONCLUSION............It appears that Ford still has some work to straighten out MFM with the new modem.

I have spent a considerable amount of time with MFM Customer Support on the phone and have done all of the procedures they suggested without any of them solving the problem. As a last resort I then did a "Factory Reset" via MFM (web version from laptop via browser) after logging out on the android version (the app was then completely removed). I then again removed Fuse #67, left it out for about 30 minutes, reinstalled it and then added the car back in MFM from the desktop computer via the web access. A custom Value Charging profile was created for "Home"

Extensive testing was done to determine what was and was not working correctly. The results are:

Everything seems to work correctly except for the following:

1. When at Home, MFM correctly reports the location in the title such as "Lucille is at Home, fully charged." etc HOWEVER

2. The custom Value Charging profile for "Home" is ignored HOWEVER

3. The default Value Charging profile IS followed.

4. The default Value Charging profile CANNOT be edited via MFM. It an only be edited from the screen in the vehicle.

5. The default Value Charging profile will be followed as set, HOWEVER the clock times reported in MFM are off by 1 to 5 hours. This also happens for trip times reported.

BOTTOM LINE............This is a workaround that I can live with until Ford Engineering corrects their software. Since I rarely, if ever, charge anywhere except at home, the only downside is that if I decide to charge at some other location and it is not at a time the default Value Charging profile allows, it will be necessary to switch to "Charge Now" mode. While incorrect time reporting in MFM is a nuisance, it's not the end of the world.

A reply will be GREATLY APPRECIATED from those of you having this problem who see the same results as reported above or not. It will be ESPECIALLY appreciated if there is a reply by anyone that can set default charging in the "Charge Now" mode, the custom profile in the "Value Charge" mode and have MFM correctly follow the custom profile.

Thanks

#8 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Locationcentral

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

Lucille,

I have the same experience.  The car only value charges in the default profile.  I manually change that profile from charge now to charge later as needed. 

The MFM recognizes the car at other profile locations, but the car seems to be stuck on following the Default profile set up no matter where it is parked or what MFM displays as the location.

#9 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

Lucille,

I have the same experience.  The car only value charges in the default profile.  I manually change that profile from charge now to charge later as needed. 

The MFM recognizes the car at other profile locations, but the car seems to be stuck on following the Default profile set up no matter where it is parked or what MFM displays as the location.

Questions for tr7driver,

1. Can you edit the default profile from MFM?

2. Are the trip and charge times reported in MFM accurate?

#10 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

How many charge profiles do you guys have?  You can only have 10 of them from what I experienced in the past.  Like I had to delete some before I could add others.   I looked and I have 10 right now.

I tried to edit the default value charge and got an error "this content failed to load".  I still have the original modem so it doesn't seem to be modem upgrade related.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 29 December 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:10 AM

How many charge profiles do you guys have?  You can only have 10 of them from what I experienced in the past.  Like I had to delete some before I could add others.   I looked and I have 10 right now.

I tried to edit the default value charge and got an error "this content failed to load".  I still have the original modem so it doesn't seem to be modem upgrade related.

-=>Raja.

I only have the "Home" custom profile plus the default profile.

I get the same error message when attempting to edit the default profile from MFM.

#12 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Locationcentral

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

Questions for tr7driver,

1. Can you edit the default profile from MFM?

Yes I can.  And t he changes on the default profile will change on the car screen too once it refreshes. 

2. Are the trip and charge times reported in MFM accurate?

They are as "accurate" as they have been in the past.

Interestingly, the "percent charge" level displayed on MFM is accurate on my iPhone, but It is stuck at 0% on my computer (although the "graphic level gauge on the computer appears to be accurate.).

#13 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Locationcentral

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

-=>Raja.

I had 4 profiles.  One to value charge at night at home, one to charge and pre-condition at the gym, One for a free charger in town with no pre condition, and one at the grocery store free chargepoint to charge now.

#14 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:In Transition

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

CONCLUSION............It appears that Ford still has some work to straighten out MFM with the new modem.

I have spent a considerable amount of time with MFM Customer Support on the phone and have done all of the procedures they suggested without any of them solving the problem. As a last resort I then did a "Factory Reset" via MFM (web version from laptop via browser) after logging out on the android version (the app was then completely removed). I then again removed Fuse #67, left it out for about 30 minutes, reinstalled it and then added the car back in MFM from the desktop computer via the web access. A custom Value Charging profile was created for "Home"

Extensive testing was done to determine what was and was not working correctly. The results are:

Everything seems to work correctly except for the following:

1. When at Home, MFM correctly reports the location in the title such as "Lucille is at Home, fully charged." etc HOWEVER

2. The custom Value Charging profile for "Home" is ignored HOWEVER

3. The default Value Charging profile IS followed.

4. The default Value Charging profile CANNOT be edited via MFM. It an only be edited from the screen in the vehicle.

5. The default Value Charging profile will be followed as set, HOWEVER the clock times reported in MFM are off by 1 to 5 hours. This also happens for trip times reported.

BOTTOM LINE............This is a workaround that I can live with until Ford Engineering corrects their software. Since I rarely, if ever, charge anywhere except at home, the only downside is that if I decide to charge at some other location and it is not at a time the default Value Charging profile allows, it will be necessary to switch to "Charge Now" mode. While incorrect time reporting in MFM is a nuisance, it's not the end of the world.

A reply will be GREATLY APPRECIATED from those of you having this problem who see the same results as reported above or not. It will be ESPECIALLY appreciated if there is a reply by anyone that can set default charging in the "Charge Now" mode, the custom profile in the "Value Charge" mode and have MFM correctly follow the custom profile.

Thanks

Lucille,

Your summation is spot on. Why aren't we seeing someone from Ford posting here and trying to get this addressed - there is obviously a problem!

#15 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Any updates on this or still no solution?  Just got my modem replaced today and I'm seeing I can't delete the original value charge profiles (I have 8 of them) or update them to charge now or value charge without the sync error message.

-=>Raja.

#16 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:56 AM

Any updates on this or still no solution?  Just got my modem replaced today and I'm seeing I can't delete the original value charge profiles (I have 8 of them) or update them to charge now or value charge without the sync error message.

-=>Raja.

You can only delete the charge "locations", then maybe they disappear from the profiles.

#17 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:38 AM

-=>Raja.

Nothing has changed. Not too bad for me to only have use of the default profile for charging since I only charge at home. However needing 8 profiles is definitely going to be a probleml

#18 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

Here are mine:

I can delete any one of them and it disappears, but when I delete the 2nd one then the first one comes back.

I can edit them and change something, edit the 2nd one and the first one comes back as it was.

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

#19 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:04 AM

Here are mine:

I can delete any one of them and it disappears, but when I delete the 2nd one then the first one comes back.

I can edit them and change something, edit the 2nd one and the first one comes back as it was.

-=>Raja.

The whole thing is really wonky right now, but if you want it to work at all(which is with the single default profile), my advice going from what I did something like:

-Delete all of the locations

-If there's anything you can do to delete/reset any existing profiles, do that to.

-it may or may not show them deleted or synced, etc. Now or in the next few days.

-Go to the car and set up the value profile. In my case, I changed it to 120V, start at 7pm I think and selected value charge.

-Then possibly try to switch form normal to value on any of the existing web pages/app over the course of the next few days.

Like I think I adjusted mine and it was charging at 8PM and then the website didn't seem to want to work at all and was showing as charge now, but then on the Android App it only had one listed and I changed that one to Value and now it seems like things are more or less in sync and the in car settings say to use MFM to change them instead of the previous options I had.

#20 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

I deleted all the unsaved locations, and all the saved ones as well that didn't have value charge, took me like 45 minutes to delete 3 1/2 years of visited locations since I bought the car.

However those remain and are now undeletable...if that's a word...  I saved a new location yesterday, the Big-Y charger but it doesn't show up in this list, it should...that's another issue.

I understand value charge default profile would work from the car and such, and I'm pretty sure it does, but I was trying to clean up the loose ends and I can't.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 27 January 2017 - 06:16 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·