Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Spotty updates since the 3G upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:04 AM

I've had spotty updates since I got the 3G upgrade. In fact, it was better before!  Since I'm a network software engineer, I can't stop myself from trying to debug any communications problem...

Are others seeing missed updates?  Trips and charges not logged?  No text message when it's fully charged?  Updates failing from apps and website?  All very intermittent, without any location correlation that I can figure out.

Is there some maintenance mode that I can use to see if my modem has power and is connected to the network?

I'm trying to figure out if it's my problem (loose connection? bad modem?) or theirs, hopefully before I waste time and money.

Thanks!

Dennis

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:12 AM

I haven't updated my modem yet and it still seems to be working okay.  I'm thinking now I need to wait until the last moment to update it, that is, if it still works OK until then.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

I spoke to support yesterday; they said that one of their servers was flaky and has been dealt with. I'm hoping that this means that myfordmobile will behave better now.

#4 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

Posted this elsewhere, hope this is the right place.  

So got the modem replaced on Friday the 16th.  Had taken the car into the dealer on the ninth cause they said they had the modem and would put it in.   My wife took that car in and had to take the kids seat out and shuttle home.   She was called 4 hours later and told they don't have the part.  No apology from the dealer to her for time and hassle.

So went back and had it installed this last Friday.   

When installed the battery was reading 14 miles remaining (about half a battery charge).

1)Now at full charge (3x)  it only reads 14 everytime at full.

2)Also the MFM records the charging as scheduled to start about an hour before the charge is complete.   MFM records the charge as value charging when it is not.

3) An additional annoying fail is that it has not recorded substantial trips in the trip and charge log.  On Saturday we drove two 82 mile legs on a round trip to SD and back and MFM only recorded the 1st trip.   Again yesterday we went up to PV and it was 41 miles each leg and MFM only record the 1st leg again on the trip and charge log.

What gives does the new modem cause errors in the software in uploading the data?

Saw some bits on this thread about resetting, but I have been down that road.   The functionality has been seriously impaired.

I have not had the time to read every thread post, but I skimmed and saw that I am not alone.

LOOKING at MFM now on Monday at 8:25am  as the car is being driven on E and battery remains at 14mi without change.   Neat.

Edited by altabrig, 19 December 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

update: I talked to the folks at support, they advised me to pull and reseat fuse 67.  Did that, got the SYNC reboot screen (masquerading as "maintenance", hah).  The car was in contact for much of yesterday, and I got the "charged" text message last night, but this morning the server still thinks I'm at home, when I've driven to work, charged, and moved my car from the charger.

Updates failing.

*sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·