Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford CEO Fields: We will fight EPA's 2025 emissions mandate

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

I think you meant great prick.

With this guy at the helm, there will be no protection of the environment at all,  they will seriously need to change the name of that agency.

Hell, if Pruitt/Trump had their way, there wouldn't be an EPA period.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

you don't know me very well...

10.gif

You are right!  All I know is what you say, Your a potty mouth :nono: and have a hard time dealing with reality when it comes to EPA and environmental issues. :cry:

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 09 December 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

Hell, if Pruitt/Trump had their way, there wouldn't be an EPA period.

And that makes about as much sense as if Obama had his way  we would be driving self driving battery power cars sitting in lines at the charging stations. :sos: Wait a minute that might be true. :wink:  Isn't it interesting that Al Gore visited Trump.  :smile2:

Paul

#24 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

And that makes about as much sense as if Obama had his way  we would be driving self driving battery power cars sitting in lines at the charging stations. :sos: Wait a minute that might be true. :wink:  Isn't it interesting that Al Gore visited Trump.  :smile2:

Paul

You must have a hard time dealing with Obama's reality of self driving cars.  Oh wait, if I use a winky emoticon I can still say that, right?

#25 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

You must have a hard time dealing with Obama's reality of self driving cars.  Oh wait, if I use a winky emoticon I can still say that, right?

Fortunately I won't have too. YA! Go Trump/Pruitt  there is still some sanity out there. :clapping:

BTW we are talking about the same EPA that tried to ban lead containing bullets.  http://thehill.com/r...lets-court-says

And now wants to Ban converting passenger cars to race cars.  https://wattsupwitht...obby-race-cars/

Just to mention a few craze ideas they came up with. :drop:

Paul 

#26 OFFLINE   eppyphotog

eppyphotog

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max 303A

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

Fortunately I won't have too. YA! Go Trump/Pruitt  there is still some sanity out there. :clapping:

BTW we are talking about the same EPA that tried to ban lead containing bullets.  http://thehill.com/r...lets-court-says

And now wants to Ban converting passenger cars to race cars.  https://wattsupwitht...obby-race-cars/

Just to mention a few craze ideas they came up with. :drop:

Paul 

How about EPA declaring Carbon Dioxide CO2 a harmful gas! Maybe they don't want us to breath or plants to exist? They are out of control and need to be reined in big time!!

• ptjones likes this

#27 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

How about EPA declaring Carbon Dioxide CO2 a harmful gas! Maybe they don't want us to breath or plants to exist? They are out of control and need to be reined in big time!!

It only gets better :smile2: I looked up why Mars isn't HOT with 96% CO2 and it said you need to have H2O in the atmosphere, actually water is worse than CO2 for HEATING UP the planet. :drop:  So let me get this strait, the two gases that are required for LIFE are also causing climate change. :headscratch:  Add to this Nitrogen, Oxygen and Argon make up 99% of our atmosphere leaving 1 % for all of the other gases like CO2 at .04%  and H2O.  The whole idea of climate change caused by CO2 is ridiculous. :lol:  :hysterical:  :hysterical3:

Paul   

#28 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:02 AM

The world would be a much better place if everyone drove around F150s and Expeditions. Because climate change is fake and people would be so much more comfortable driving huge trucks.

Can't find a sarcasm smiley that's big enough to convey the amount in the above line.

#29 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

The world would be a much better place if everyone drove around F150s and Expeditions. Because climate change is fake and people would be so much more comfortable driving huge trucks.

Can't find a sarcasm smiley that's big enough to convey the amount in the above line.

I'm not saying Climate change isn't happening, It's been happening since the Earth was formed.  :smile2:  You haven't given any evidence that Man is causing it. Where is the proof. :headscratch:  Remember all the heat the earth gets comes from the Sun and the Sun has a 11 year cycle, the number of Sunspots very from a large number when the Sun is the Hottest to practically none when the Sun is putting out the least amount heat during the cycle. This is one of the reasons for climate change. Lookup Wikipedia Solar Cycle. :smile2:

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 10 December 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

It's not the fact of change, it's the rate.  Here, Randall has charted the last few thousand years for you: http://xkcd.com/1732/

#31 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

http://www.climatede...ummit-in-paris/  A study using RSS Satellite temperature measurements for last 18 yrs. 9 months to Nov. 2015 showing average temperature hasn't changed, interesting now Environmentalist have dropped Global Warming and are pushing Climate Change Now.  So now that we aren't  talking about temperatures rising, then so called "Green House Gases"don't matter anymore. :smile2:

Paul

#32 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:52 AM

In this digital age, one needs to consider their sources of information.   The above link is from a personal website who's founder is not a scientist and is funded by a secret organization through a non-profit.   "Like all donor-advised funds, Donors Trust can offer anonymity to clients who do not wish to make their donations public.  Donors Trust requires an initial deposit of $10,000 or more".    

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Marc_Morano      https://en.wikipedia...ki/Donors_Trust

Here's some some info from scientists.    

http://climate.nasa.gov/faq/

Edited by fotomoto, 11 December 2016 - 08:54 AM.

• dr61 likes this

#33 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:20 AM

Problem I see here is you are disputing his reputation and not his facts.  Your NASA link seems to be 6 years old plus no one is talking about Global Warming now , just Climate Change. There must be a reason for this. Notice there is nothing about .04% of the Atmosphere being CO2 and that Mars has 96% CO2 yet is very cold.  Not all Scientist agree with their conclusions. Very Curious.  :headscratch:  :smile2:

Paul

#34 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

Problem I see here is you are disputing his reputation and not his facts. 

I'm disputing motive.  

I don't pretend to even understand the intricacies of such a complex issue as global climate; I'll leave that to scientists but not to PR firms.   I do comprehend some the basic laws of physics; one of which points out that for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.   We can't move massive amounts of carbon from underground to the air over hundreds of years and expect that it has no effect.  Even Exxon agrees:  "The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks."    http://corporate.exx...es/our-position

• dr61 likes this

#35 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

Various families of deniers (anti-vaxxers, creationists, etc) have come up with what's called the "Gish Gallop" in which you throw out lots and lots of so-called "facts" and challenge those who oppose them to refute every single one, which generally pleases the crowd (and sometimes gets them elected).

That doesn't make them right, only better bullshitters.

• dr61 likes this

#36 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

I'm disputing motive.  

I don't pretend to even understand the intricacies of such a complex issue as global climate; I'll leave that to scientists but not to PR firms.   I do comprehend some the basic laws of physics; one of which points out that for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.   We can't move massive amounts of carbon from underground to the air over hundreds of years and expect that it has no effect.  Even Exxon agrees:  "The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks."    http://corporate.exx...es/our-position

This seems more like Political Statement to make people think positive about Exxon/Mobil and what I find interesting is:" Action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks."  So more scientific work needs done to "Quantify and Assess Risk"  Which implies that there might not be a "significant problem".  I still also find it interesting that no one has come up with an explanation why Mars isn't hotter than the Earth with such a high amount of CO2. :headscratch:  From this example it would appear that CO2 doesn't have a noticeable effect on Climate Change. :smile2: 

Paul 

#37 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Yes, they have, you're just ignoring them: Mars is half again farther from the Sun (inverse square law) and so gets about 42% of the sunlight, and it has less than 1% of the Earth's air pressure, so the overall CO2 blanket is much smaller.  Still, it would be colder if it had no atmosphere at all; it actually gets above freezing during the day in the summer, near the equator.

• dr61 and fotomoto like this

#38 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

https://www.washingt...m=.cba0f3325e31

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

#39 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

Yes, they have, you're just ignoring them: Mars is half again farther from the Sun (inverse square law) and so gets about 42% of the sunlight, and it has less than 1% of the Earth's air pressure, so the overall CO2 blanket is much smaller.  Still, it would be colder if it had no atmosphere at all; it actually gets above freezing during the day in the summer, near the equator.

Actually it's 44% of Sun light compared to Earth. And if you researched more you would find out Mars still has 5 -8 times more CO2 at the same atmospheric pressure so Mars should be at least two times hotter than the earth.  Then Scientist admit CO2 isn't a very good Global Warming Gas, it needs H2O which is a much better GWG to work. Interesting so if we cut down on the amount of H2O in the atmosphere the Earth would cool off. :smile2:  Don't forget CO2 levels at about half of what they are now plants start dying off which would be the end of life as we know it. :drop:  

https://www.washingt...m=.cba0f3325e31

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

This is redundant, most people seem to agree the climate is changing, but don't agree it's man made.  The Climate is always Changing, which is normal.  :smile2: 

Paul 

#40 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

most people seem to agree the climate is changing, but don't agree it's man made.  The Climate is always Changing, which is normal.  :smile2:

Paul 

I could not agree more.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·