Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford CEO Fields: We will fight EPA's 2025 emissions mandate

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

http://insideevs.com...-adoption-regs/

I was willing to give Ford another chance with the Model E or whatever they have planned, but forget it now. Ford has no, and never had any intentions of becoming more than a pure compliance player for plugin vehicles and ZEVs.

Maybe he'll run to his buddy Trump again and beg The Donald to do something. Pretty despicable.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

I agree this is despicable news and will greatly affect my decision on future purchases but I'll also say other N.A. manufacturers including GM have formerly requested the Trump admin. to take a look at reducing the regs.   GM actively fighting Tesla isn't forgotten either.  

• dr61 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

GM's unofficial position may be pretty similar to Ford's, but at least GM has spent money developing a dedicated long range BEV platform in the Bolt (along with the PHEV Volt). Even if Silverado/Suburban $$$ signs are spinning in their heads, they have made way more of a commitment than Ford's "pinky toenail grazing water" commitment to plug-ins and ZEVs.

Fields wants lawmakers to give them ZEV credits for self-driving cars. Really? Because a self driving F-150 will really make a dent in reducing carbon emissions. :doh: Also said there is zero demand for plug-in vehicles. This guy must have went to the same spin class the Trump campaign went through. 

https://www.bloomber...g-jobs-ceo-says

Edited by bro1999, 05 December 2016 - 08:18 AM.

• dr61 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

With CO2 being the most important gas in our atmosphere and only .04% of it is CO2, we should be be making as much as possible to help Farmers produce their crops.  IMO most CMAX owners 4 years ago bought their cars to save money with gas around $3.50-$4/gal. Now with gas at $2.15 a gallon the FE incentive isn't there now like it was back in 2012 Oct-Nov when FORD was selling 3k a month.  FORD is going to make what buyers want and what they can make money at, the Bottom Line. :smile2:

Paul 

• miboje likes this

#5 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

GM's unofficial position may be pretty similar to Ford's, but ........

Sorry but you can't be a little bit pregnant; either you are or you aren't.  Only Tesla has clean hands in this matter.

• dr61 likes this

#6 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:19 AM

With CO2 being the most important gas in our atmosphere and only .04% of it is CO2, we should be be making as much as possible to help Farmers produce their crops. IMO most CMAX owners 4 years ago bought their cars to save money with gas around $3.50-$4/gal. Now with gas at $2.15 a gallon the FE incentive isn't there now like it was back in 2012 Oct-Nov when FORD was selling 3k a month. FORD is going to make what buyers want and what they can make money at, the Bottom Line. :smile2:

Paul

The Fusion Energi just had its 2nd best ever sales month last month....Ford actually led all manufacturers in total plugin sales last month too....but their CEO says there is no market for these vehicles! What a tool! Who is buying these cars then? Imaginary customers? Lol

Imagine if Ford actually wanted to sell plugins. But that would require actual commitment beyond compliance sales then.

Edited by bro1999, 07 December 2016 - 03:21 AM.

• miboje likes this

#7 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

Ford is on track to sell about 2,000,000 cars & trucks this year of which the Fusion Energi's only accounted for about15,000 sales.   Add in the CMax Energi and Focus EV and it rises to about 23,000.  GM has about the same ratio with their plug-in (17.5 million vs ~23,000 Volts).  

#8 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

Ford is on track to sell about 2,000,000 cars & trucks this year of which the Fusion Energi's only accounted for about15,000 sales.   Add in the CMax Energi and Focus EV and it rises to about 23,000.  GM has about the same ratio with their plug-in (17.5 million vs ~23,000 Volts).  

It's the chicken and egg scenario. If there aren't many of these vehicles on the lots, how can Ford (or anyone else) expect to sell plugin vehicles in any kind of numbers? Less than 5% of new cars are purchased by customers putting in custom factory orders....95% are bought off dealer lots.

According to cars.com, here is the inventory count for Ford's plugins nationwide:

Focus Electric: 337

Fusion Energi: 1,677

C-Max Energi: 1,225

Even if Ford sold every single one this month, that's only 3,239 sales, which is a rounding error compared to overall sales numbers.FWIW, there are 5,400 Volts on dealer lots currently.

It's pretty self serving to go "Look! There is no market for these cars!" when inventory is so restricted it makes it impossible to sell the cars in meaningful numbers.

400k people dropped $1k to reserve a Model 3, so buyers interested in compelling plugins are out there in numbers. Just seems Ford (and most of the other manufacturers) only want to build the minimum required to meet ZEV/CAFE mandates.

Edited by bro1999, 07 December 2016 - 07:59 AM.

• miboje likes this

#9 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

Tesla has created their own market niche with VIP's driving their cars, the other automakers don't have that going for them.  If they weren't forced too they wouldn't be making any now. Economics just aren't there right now and probably won't for quite awhile with ICE cars getting more efficient. :drop:  There is no way I'm giving up my MADMAX :smile2: 

Paul 

• miboje likes this

#10 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Whelp, Fields just had some piss tossed into his Cheerios this morning: http://www.greencarr...-emission-rules:thumbsup:

• RubyMax likes this

#11 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:03 PM

Whelp, Fields just had some piss tossed into his Cheerios this morning: http://www.greencarr...-emission-rules :thumbsup:

This appears to be miss information, up to 14% Hybrid sales and it's 2% now!  :headscratch: This wouldn't happen until Hybrids cost close to ICE cars and the Manufactures are losing money now, It's going to be awhile. :smile2:

Paul

#12 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

It's the chicken and egg scenario. If there aren't many of these vehicles on the lots, how can Ford (or anyone else) expect to sell plugin vehicles in any kind of numbers? Less than 5% of new cars are purchased by customers putting in custom factory orders....95% are bought off dealer lots.

It's pretty self serving to go "Look! There is no market for these cars!" when inventory is so restricted it makes it impossible to sell the cars in meaningful numbers.

It's pretty safe to say that Ford, GM, etc., have got inventory control down pretty well.   They can ramp up and ship as many as dealers sell and re-order.   Neither the Energi or Volt forums I watch have threads from the potential customers who can't find inventory; plenty of product out there.  My local dealer still has 2015 Energi's heavily discounted.  

Maybe you've forgotten GM only sold the 2016 Volt in CARB states.  Even so, that limited production run is now discounted 20% ( $7,000 of the base model). 

#13 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:32 AM

The discounts are a reflection what they need to do as far as fleet FE. :smile2: The more lower FE vehicles they sell, the more high mileage vehicles they have to sell.

Paul

#14 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

Ummm....so yeah, this just happened. :gaah:

The Trump transition team said in a news release that Pruitt “brings a deep understanding of the impact of regulations on both the environment and the economy" and called him "an expert in Constitutional law."

The release also termed the EPA "an out-of-control anti-energy agenda that has destroyed millions of jobs, while also undermining our incredible farmers and many other businesses and industries at every turn."

Pruitt will "reverse this trend," said the Trump team, and "restore the EPA’s essential mission of keeping our air and our water clean and safe.”

http://www.greencarr...the-epa-3-times

Edited by bro1999, 08 December 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:09 AM

IMO It sounds like Pruitt is a great pick, the EPA has been Empire Building and out of control for last 8 yrs. :smile2:

Paul

• eppyphotog likes this

#16 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

IMO It sounds like Pruitt is a great pick, the EPA has been Empire Building and out of control for last 8 yrs. :smile2:

Paul

Really? This guy is all about Big Oil. He refutes science and claims climate change is made up BS. I think he actually is behind a federal lawsuit currently pending filed against the EPA. Wouldn't that be something.....he becomes the chief of an agency he's sued multiple times. This is like Bernie Madeoff becoming chief of the SEC.

#17 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

Paul

I think you meant great prick.

With this guy at the helm, there will be no protection of the environment at all,  they will seriously need to change the name of that agency.

#18 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

That's a long-standing Republican tactic, to appoint somebody antithetical to the organization's goals to run it.

#19 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:51 AM

I think you meant great prick. There is no excuse for BAD Language! This a G Rated Forum.

With this guy at the helm, there will be no protection of the environment at all,  they will seriously need to change the name of that agency.

You have no information to backup your statement "there will be no protection of the environment at all" you are sounding like an extreme environmentalist.  :smile2:

That's a long-standing Republican tactic, to appoint somebody antithetical to the organization's goals to run it.

Most people feel the EPA has gone way past the Directives Congress Commissioned them to do. :smile2:

Paul

• eppyphotog likes this

#20 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric