Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

955 MPG - 3 years - never went to gas station

mpge

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JPnSD

JPnSD

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:25 AM

I just turned in my 2013 C Max Energi after completing the 3 year lease.  I returned the vehicle with 1/3 of the original tank of gas, a dashboard vehicle life MPG equal to 955, and one third of the original tank of gas when delivered (preservative added as suggested by Ford).  This vehicle never had gasoline added to the original tank of gas in 3 years.  NEVER WENT TO A GAS STATION while I had this vehicle.Attached File  C Max Dash.png   817.55KB   1 downloads

• ptjones and Jonathan Ezor like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

In-f@$king-credible!!!!!!    :drop:               :number1:         Total miles?  I wished you would have found and joined us three years ago!   

And I thought I was doing good at 84mpg lifetime.  

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

Great MPG. Based on your MPG and about 10 gallons used I guess you have almost 10k miles on the car. We should start a pool to see who guesses closest to your actual total milage. This is a great car for those using it for lots of short trips as well as for those of us who also use the ICE to a much greater extent. Guess the next person to get your car will have to finish breaking in the ICE.  So obvious question is what vehicle will you be getting next? Will it be an all electric since there is no need to spend money on an ICE if you don't need one?

Tom

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,721 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

My math says about 9 gallons burned, shows me 8.75 but I figure he added stabilizer so call it 9.

At 9 gallons total miles should be around 8595.  Engine miles are probably somewhere around 245, and total EV miles of 8350.

Engine is still new, (really should have leased the Ford Focus instead), battery got some time on it.  Shows me 7 miles range with the battery over 1/3 full, about 36%, so anticipated full charge range is probably somewhere around 19-20 miles.  Not exceptional, probably has to do with either the way the car is driven or some battery capacity loss.  My car at around that charge level would be showing about 9 miles range today in the colder weather we have had recently.

There isn't that many miles on the battery so I would lean more towards how the car is driven.

Inside Joke:  Gary would be proud of you, no actually, he will probably be pissed because you beat his 559mpg average... :angry2:

He will probably start yelling things like "PROVE IT!" 

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 30 October 2016 - 09:55 AM.

• ptjones likes this

#5 ONLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:21 AM

Just wondering why purchase a car with an engine if you never used it.  Sounds like a Focus Electric would have been a better choice.

#6 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:37 AM

Sounds like a Focus Electric would have been a better choice.

Can't speak for the OP (who hopefully will come back to answer questions) but range still wasn't enough for me personally.   Still, I really did consider one until I sat in the rear seats of one on the showroom floor.  Just like the Volt, it was too small for family hauling for me.  

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,721 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:27 AM

That's my point Eric, he hauled around a dead engine for 3 years, and probably didn't go as far as he could have due to battery range limits (because if resisting to put gas in the car).  

Doug, if he had a Focus in this case for sure the range would have been more than sufficient since he managed with the Cmax range and like I said he would have traveled on longer trips, twice to 3 times as far, yes, still not over 100 miles away but his range circle would have been 3 times bigger.

I hope he comes back to comment, I'd like to see how close I came with my guess.  Tom made it into a challenge to guess, love it!

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 01 November 2016 - 06:30 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

I just turned in my 2013 C Max Energi after completing the 3 year lease.  I returned the vehicle with 1/3 of the original tank of gas, a dashboard vehicle life MPG equal to 955, and one third of the original tank of gas when delivered (preservative added as suggested by Ford).  This vehicle never had gasoline added to the original tank of gas in 3 years.  NEVER WENT TO A GAS STATION while I had this vehicle.attachicon.gifC Max Dash.png

That is pretty rad.  In 40k I have about 6-7 K ice.   I had one tank that went almost 4k miles.  But almost  9k is insane.  

Two questions for the OP.

Do you have any idea what your battery KWH charge capacity was when you turned her in? Somewhere around 5.0?  Real curious to see how your HVB held up.

Are you going to get a EV next? Seems like your usage profile would be EV only all the way.

Edited by altabrig, 02 November 2016 - 04:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mpge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·