Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

"Clear all mykeys" option not available

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kawboy

Kawboy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMax energi, Dodge pick-up

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

I've already read the manual and the reply to the other post on clearing the mykeys. My problem, is that even though I have the admin key, and a programmed mykey (since it limits the speed to 80, and cannot adjust volume on radio past a certain point), I cannot clear the mykey. The problem is, the "clear all mykeys" option is not available where it says it should be. I posed the question to my Ford dealer who seems to think I need to bring the car in with both keys, and they will "wipe" both keys, and reinstall the key codes to have two admin keys. We have no children. My wife has the admin key, and mine is apparently a mykey. Being limited to 80 MPH on interstates where the speed limit is 70 can be a real pain when getting on an on ramp, or needing a sudden pass or something. Do we really have to take the car in?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationGTA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:07 PM

It might be worth trying to locate the menu option when your wife's key is the only key in the car (leaving your own key in the house). This is because your key may be set as "primary" and, when present in the car and being configured for "mykey" it does not allow clearing itself, even if the "master" key is also present.

#3 OFFLINE   Kawboy

Kawboy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMax energi, Dodge pick-up

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

I think I already tried that, and that menu did not show. Will try again. Sorry for the long wait between posts. Have a lot of parents in the hospital problems and more to deal with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·