Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Field Service Action 15N04 - EMBEDDED MODEM REPLACEMENT

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 177 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

I got the replacement done last week--my dealer got the part within the day. Unfortunately, when the dealer first installed the new modem, the programming apparently didn't properly get stored, so it did not connect at all to the MFM network. I went back a day later, the dealer completed the programming, and now at least it connects to the network and properly reports vehicle location to MFM. It does *not*, though, report charging status, record trip and charge statistics, or allow me to remote start, lock or unlock. I'm waiting until MFM support opens today at 11:30 am ET, and will let you all know what happens. {Jonathan}

No joy. After I spoke the first time with tech support, I was instructed to log out of all MFM apps, then do a Master Reset in the car (via the Settings --> System menu) and reconnect the car after the reset. Of course, that takes at least 24 hours since one has to get the second confirmation to test whether it worked. And....nope. Still getting accurate location info., close-to-accurate range issue, no trip and charge log updates, no charge status update, no Go Times synch, and no remote lock/unlock/start. I just spoke again with MFM support, and the initial word was that this was a "known issue with the app" and that the next app update, whose scheduling is not yet certain, would fix it. I pointed out that it's not just in the app but the Web site that the problem occurs, and am waiting for a subsequent response. *Sigh* I'll continue to keep everyone posted. [Jonathan}

• James F Monroe likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 177 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

No joy. After I spoke the first time with tech support, I was instructed to log out of all MFM apps, then do a Master Reset in the car (via the Settings --> System menu) and reconnect the car after the reset. Of course, that takes at least 24 hours since one has to get the second confirmation to test whether it worked. And....nope. Still getting accurate location info., close-to-accurate range issue, no trip and charge log updates, no charge status update, no Go Times synch, and no remote lock/unlock/start. I just spoke again with MFM support, and the initial word was that this was a "known issue with the app" and that the next app update, whose scheduling is not yet certain, would fix it. I pointed out that it's not just in the app but the Web site that the problem occurs, and am waiting for a subsequent response. *Sigh* I'll continue to keep everyone posted. [Jonathan}

Hey Jonathan Ezor,

You may want to take the vehicle back to the dealer and have them reach out to their Tech Hotline.  This is their next and highest point of contact when a resolution hasn't been made.

Cara

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#43 OFFLINE   lucille

lucille

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:17 PM

I removed the car from MFM and then added it back. Went through both the initial and the 24 hour wait confirmations.

MFM still always indicates 20 miles range. Also the Value Charge profiles do not function. Don't know about Go Times because none are set. The rest of the functions seem to work OK.

Called MFM support and they said that the problem is a known problem and is actively being worked on by the factory team. Whatever that means remains a curiosity to me, but it obviously provided an end to the support conversation. Hopefully that is not Ford's only objective and that experienced and capable programs are working to resolve the problems.

Anxious to see this issue resolved.

• James F Monroe likes this

#44 OFFLINE   PJFW8

PJFW8

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energy

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

I removed the car from MFM and then added it back. Went through both the initial and the 24 hour wait confirmations.

MFM still always indicates 20 miles range. Also the Value Charge profiles do not function. Don't know about Go Times because none are set. The rest of the functions seem to work OK.

Called MFM support and they said that the problem is a known problem and is actively being worked on by the factory team. Whatever that means remains a curiosity to me, but it obviously provided an end to the support conversation. Hopefully that is not Ford's only objective and that experienced and capable programs are working to resolve the problems.

Anxious to see this issue resolved.

I got 20 texts from MFM this morning telling me my car was unplugged and a charge was scheduled. It was unplugged because I drove it to a meeting. Also, I don't schedule charging. It is always plugged in when not on the road. Odd and useless.

#45 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:Replaced Ford Edge

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

Posted this on the other post about the modem upgrade.  Wanted to add that the only other thing I noticed is that the trip log is tracking all of my trips, but that the time was one hour fast.  I checked my account information and saw that the wrong time zone was being used for some reason.  I changed that from Atlantic to Eastern, pushed the SAVE button on the top right, and now everything is showing the correct time of the trips taken.

There was also information that if AUTO UPDATE is selected in the account setup, there will be a delay in getting information and being able to use the features when the app is first opened.  That is what I found and mentioned in my other post, copied below.

I had my modem replaced yesterday at Classic Ford in Mentor, Ohio.  Took about one and one half hour and got the car back with the modem replaced and the car washed.  Great job by the tech, couldn't even tell anything had been taken apart or worked on yet I saw him working on it.

Lock, unlock, and remote start WORK with no problems other than when I first open the app on my phone I have to wait a minute or two for everything to update with the car.  Once that is done, things work as they should.  Made several phone calls and used SYNC services for business search, weather report, and used SYNC Destination app to send an address to the car navigation, and all worked quickly and as expected.

The EV range is the only thing which has not changed, staying at 17 on the app, but different on the car itself (13 right now).  The estimated range total is correct when the difference of the EV range is taken into account.  App says 435, car says 431 which is the correct amount.

Happy with the modem being upgraded and not worried yet about the EV range on the app not being correct.  I am sure a fix will be issued for that.

Thumbs up to Classic Ford in Mentor, Ohio!!!!!    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#46 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 177 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:19 AM

Hey Jonathan Ezor,

You may want to take the vehicle back to the dealer and have them reach out to their Tech Hotline.  This is their next and highest point of contact when a resolution hasn't been made.

Cara

Cara,

Thanks, but after the three trips to the dealer it took to get this done at all, I don't want to go back unless and until a solution is guaranteed.

So, as the rep of the Ford team here, what can you tell us about this problem? What's being done? Thanks again. {Jonathan}

#47 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:59 AM

I just got a notice directly from MFM yesterday that if I want it to keep working past next month I need to get my modem replaced.

I hadn't gotten around to it yet just because it's a pain to get to the dealer, especially since my local one that's a convenient 20 minutes away left me pretty fed up with them.  So I just scheduled an appointment with a reputable dealer that's about a 1.25 hour drive away.  Hope I don't have any of these issues!

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#48 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Locationcentral
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

I got that message too.  I called the dealer and made an appointment for next week. 

#49 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX ENERGI

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

I got mine paper as well as a text message and am scheduled to go in on Monday. When I called the dealer for the appointment, they said they needed me to come in to get my VIN number to identify the part. I told them since I bought the car from them and all service was performed at the dealership, the odds were pretty good it was already in the their system and I would not come in. They they said they really didn't need the VIN but they needed to look at the part to identify a number or something to make sure they get the right one. Something about each one is different and such per car.  I told them I could be wrong, but it seems an Energi is an Energi and they would be the same. Besides, thousands of cars are being recalled and not each modem is different. Like the modem we use at home for PC. So they said please come in so we can attach the machine to find the number and it would only take a minute. I said ok, i went down (only 10 miles away thankfully) and after another round of 'chat' on the topic of VIN and part number again, the mechanic said they only need the VIN!!!! After reading all the notes on this and the problems i was hoping to wait and then learn from your experiences. But, I decided to go ahead. If any problems when done, I will def go back thru the writings here and do what you all learned. So, THANK YOU!! all. That  is why this  forum is great!

#50 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:42 AM

I got mine replaced yesterday and everything is function as it did before except for the MFM range estimate, which is stuck on stupid (aka the value last recorded before the upgrade).  Full report in modem replacement thread.

#51 OFFLINE   ldcarson

ldcarson

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:South America
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

Well being overseas in a country that does not import the energi, FORD cannot do the recalls or replace modem.  after several calls to ford america, they gave me info to call Ford here in Argentina.  Nope they can't do it...now what?  

#52 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 398 posts
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

well does the modem work where you are located?

#53 OFFLINE   lkozark

lkozark

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMissouri
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

The MyGo pre-warmups stopped working after the modem upgrade in my 2013 Energi. Found the problem to be MyGo got turned off somewhere during the process. Use the leaf icon on the car screen to verify your MyGo times and if it is enabled should you have this problem.

#54 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:45 AM

After last night's maintenance outage, the mileage estimates on the web page and app are correct!

My GO Times synced last night when I messed with them, but the Value Charge profiles have still not synced.

#55 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

Well, I haven't thoroughly followed all the threads on this one, but I just got a new one...

My dealer just called to order the part(which makes me question this dealer since I scheduled the appointment a week ago and the appointment is for Monday... I guess they're hoping they can get it next day since she said if not they would call tomorrow...)

Anyhoo...  They said Ford needed approximate mileage on the car before the dealer could order the part...

Can't really fathom what difference that would make...  I don't recall anything listed about mileage limits for getting the modem replaced...  Gotta be something messed up...

Then again, I just saw that Nissan is only allowing you to buy a modem yourself for $200 if you want it to keep working.  So I guess there's one partial point for Ford over Nissan...

#56 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:24 AM

And now I just got the call back that the part is on backorder with no known date.  Awesome Ford.

#57 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 398 posts
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

Me too tried appointments at 2 different dealers but could never get a call back if they actually had the part! They didn't of course now part is backordered no estimated delivery.  This makes little sense since with MFM  they know just how many cars are active and even the general area where they are located.

I wonder if ATT will extend the shutoff date, at this point I think Ford has lost me as a customer due to a number of fumbles by Ford and their dealers.

#58 OFFLINE   ptrux

ptrux

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSonoma County, California
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:39 PM

The Ford dealer in Santa Rosa knew nothing about this program. I had a service done in November, and they were clueless when I showed them the letter. Today when I called they said they did not have parts and were unsure what to order and could not help me before I move to San Luis Obispo County in 2 weeks. Hopefully the Ford dealership down there is less clueless than the one in Sonoma County. Their tech people leave much to be desired. 

#59 OFFLINE   agincourt

agincourt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationComox
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Energi 2015

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

Corrected spelling!

Edited by agincourt, 14 December 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#60 OFFLINE   agincourt

agincourt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationComox
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Energi 2015

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

Got the modem replacement yesterday. seems OK.   They had problems finding the modem as Ford instructions were less than helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·