Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

smart key not performing properly

Best Answer fotomoto , 05 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

When the wind chill is -10 or it is raining and 35 degrees I am going to take the key out of my pocket every time.  That is exactly what she said I should have to do.  I know that can't be right.    

You do know there is a lock button on the inside of the door just like every other car on the road?  That's the one I prefer to use as I exit because A) it's an ingrained motion,  B) I can hear the confirming locking sound better while I'm still inside, and C) I'd rather not touch a possibly dirty or wet exterior button unless necessary.  

Anyway...... As previously said, yes, you should be able to lock the door with the exterior button immediately upon closing the door.   The only time you need to wait is if you want to immediately open the door after locking with the button.  The handle won't be "active" for a few seconds.  This feature allows you to quickly confirm it locked.   So if you forgot something in the car, you need to wait a couple of seconds for the door handle to work.  The Toyota SKS works the same way.  Maybe the service advisor is confusing that.   If the SA continues to be an issue, get a salesman to show them how it works on one on the lot.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Melephant

Melephant

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationSomonauk
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:32 AM

I had a smart key on my Prius.  I never once had to take my key out of my pocket.  My Energi smart key doesn't allow me to lock my door via the door handle when I get out of my car unless I wait 7 - 10 seconds.  That sucks and it can't be right.  My dealer said there is nothing wrong with it; that's the way it works.  Who can I contact who would be willing to call my Dealer's service advisor and tell her that is not the way it is supposed to be and that she needs to fix it?  When the wind chill is -10 or it is raining and 35 degrees I am going to take the key out of my pocket every time.  That is exactly what she said I should have to do.  I know that can't be right.    

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:20 AM

Nope, I can touch the black sensor as soon as I close the door.  The locks click after a very very short delay, a quarter-second or so.

#3 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,207 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:49 PM   Best Answer

When the wind chill is -10 or it is raining and 35 degrees I am going to take the key out of my pocket every time.  That is exactly what she said I should have to do.  I know that can't be right.    

You do know there is a lock button on the inside of the door just like every other car on the road?  That's the one I prefer to use as I exit because A) it's an ingrained motion,  B) I can hear the confirming locking sound better while I'm still inside, and C) I'd rather not touch a possibly dirty or wet exterior button unless necessary.  

Anyway...... As previously said, yes, you should be able to lock the door with the exterior button immediately upon closing the door.   The only time you need to wait is if you want to immediately open the door after locking with the button.  The handle won't be "active" for a few seconds.  This feature allows you to quickly confirm it locked.   So if you forgot something in the car, you need to wait a couple of seconds for the door handle to work.  The Toyota SKS works the same way.  Maybe the service advisor is confusing that.   If the SA continues to be an issue, get a salesman to show them how it works on one on the lot.

#4 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

I have noticed that my keyfob is much less effective if I have a cell phone in the same pocket. Not sure if this might be an element of your situation.
  • RubyMax likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·