Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Prius Prime: $20k after incentives! Energi killer?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:57 AM

What I found shocking was Energi owners getting 27-33 mpg, obviously not charging the HVB :(  :headscratch: and didn't  care about FE. :nono:

Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

All you have to do is watch people drive.  They slam on the gas, slam on the brakes, follow too close, take off too quick, race or pass towards a red light.  All a formula for declining MPG numbers.  

Last night it was raining hard and lots of leaves on the country winding road.  I used hill decent and L to keep the car at slower speeds as its heavy and it could wipe off the road around a fast turn especially with leaves on it and tires that are original and 57k miles.  The car never slipped anywhere, but it never hurts to be safe than sorry, its all about physics.

Anyway, couple of times people got caught up behind me.  At the next opportunity meaning stop sign or light I pulled over to the right and waited for them to pass before continuing on.  1/2 of them slammed on the gas and spun their tires taking off, I guess its their way of letting me know they were fed up with my speed.  Lots of wasted fuel and funny thing is a couple of those guys got caught at the next light and I was behind them again.  Then one pulled over shortly there after and the other turned into his driveway.  Wasn't even worth it for me to let them go by as we arrive at the same place they were going with me right behind them.  But anyway I don't know where they are going, and I hate to hold people up, so I let them go as soon as I can if I think they want to go faster than me.  Rather have no-one behind me then I can do what I want.

-=>Raja.

• ptjones likes this

#43 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:39 AM

Yup. Exactly, it comes down to how you drive.  So you can clear 50 now in the C-Max and you could clear 70 in a Prius.

Hypermiling my Daughter's 2011 Prius only netted 5 mpg improvement and also I didn't mention the 2016 Prius owner getting 73 mpg was using E0 90 octane. :drop:

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 09 October 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#44 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,270 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

What I found shocking was Energi owners getting 27-33 mpg, obviously not charging the HVB :(  :headscratch: and didn't  care about FE. :nono:

Most likely they purchased for HOV lane access.  

The base model Prime @ $20k after incentives will be the cheapest way to get HOV stickers.  Because it also gets better gasoline mileage than the Prius hybrid, plugging in won't matter all that much.  FTW.    I predict it will be the #1 selling plug-in in the USA in 2017.

#45 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

The base model Prime @ $20k after incentives will be the cheapest way to get HOV stickers.  Because it also gets better gasoline mileage than the Prius hybrid, plugging in won't matter all that much.  FTW.    I predict it will be the #1 selling plug-in in the USA in 2017.

That makes sense, but at rush hour quite often aren't faster around Atlanta. :(

Paul 

#46 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

I have heard of some States Discontinuing Tax incentives and FED's cutting back also in the future.  This would change the picture big time. :cry:

Paul

#47 OFFLINE   MaxLB

MaxLB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSoCal
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max NRG

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

With the deals that Ford's had going, I bought my 2016 for $20K after incentives, and yes, I bought it primarily for the green stickers.  Actually, if the state re-funds the clean vehicle rebates I will have paid less than $20K.

#48 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

I went on Fuelly to check what kind of mpg 2016 Prius was getting and the average FE was 54.8 mpg, 55.5 mpg I have been averaging for the last Ten Fill ups.

Hey Mr. Jones:

Just saw this thread on the hybrid side:

http://fordcmaxhybri...ke-score/page-6

Last update shows your lifetime at 48.2mpg in there, tied with 3 guys you say plus a 4th below your post at 48.3.  What are you up to now?  Is it going up because you're slowing down or what has changed in the last 10 tanks?

-=>Raja.

#49 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

Hey Mr. Jones:

Just saw this thread on the hybrid side:

http://fordcmaxhybri...ke-score/page-6

Last update shows your lifetime at 48.2mpg in there, tied with 3 guys you say plus a 4th below your post at 48.3.  What are you up to now?  Is it going up because you're slowing down or what has changed in the last 10 tanks?

-=>Raja.

http://fordcmaxhybri...e-score/page-7 

My current Life Time is 48.4 mpg and still going up.  I think in general MADMAX is getting better FE with 137K miles, my mods haven't changed in over 3 yrs so it comes down to driving technique and road surface which has been repaved between home and work. I have added coasting to my P&G so instead of Gliding in Drive, I sometimes Coast in Neutral if I'm going down hill.  My home to work trip is 7 miles, hilly with 100 hundred foot climb in elevation. It is possible to Coast upto 2 miles depending on traffic. Coasting is problematic on level terrain, If I can't coast 1/10 mile I don't bother. From what I understand coasting is atleast 20%  more efficient than gliding. :smile2:  Here is a link to my Fuelly: http://www.fuelly.co.../ptjones/163299

Paul 

#50 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the pulse and glide where you constantly are either speeding up or slowing down.  Gary from FL used to drive in N all the time unless he is accelerating to get some more MPG but the constant D/N/D/N/D/N/D/N a 100 times to go 10 miles doesn't do it for me.  I'd rather just put it in CC, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Another thing hypermilers do is draft trucks to cut the drag.  I saw some guy's post testerday, 50 feet behind trucks at 72mph to gain about 17% efficiency or mpg jump from 40 to 47.  I just don't think its safe I feel uncomfortable when I'm that close to people in front of me at that speed.  Much rather hang back, its alot more relaxing, less tense, and if there is something in the road I'm not going to hit it without even seeing it.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 10 October 2016 - 08:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·