Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Left Instrument Display Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DaDD

DaDD

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationLondon
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

I just moved from a 2010 Fusion Hybrid to a 2016 C-Max Engergi.  A lot has change in six years, especially with the instrument displays.  On my Fusion I could select from different left displays, pick one leave it, and it there all the time when you'd startup.

On the Energi I've experimented with different left screens displays including MyView.  But when I startup, in EV now mode, the left screen automatically opens to the Km/Full Charge screen, showing estimated EV range from a full charge.  I can see in the manual that this is normal. I then have to scroll away from it to the view I want to drive in, like MyView.  Is there a way I'm not seeing to startup in MyView by default and not the Km/Full Charge screen?  Thanks to anyone who can helps.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGTA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

Yes, I see the same in mine and it only happens when in EV Now mode. A single hit of the Up arrow brings back MyView, so I am not too annoyed with it. In Normal mode, the screen that is active on shutdown is preserved on startup.

#3 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:46 AM

I just moved from a 2010 Fusion Hybrid to a 2016 C-Max Engergi.  A lot has change in six years, especially with the instrument displays.  On my Fusion I could select from different left displays, pick one leave it, and it there all the time when you'd startup.

On the Energi I've experimented with different left screens displays including MyView.  But when I startup, in EV now mode, the left screen automatically opens to the Km/Full Charge screen, showing estimated EV range from a full charge.  I can see in the manual that this is normal. I then have to scroll away from it to the view I want to drive in, like MyView.  Is there a way I'm not seeing to startup in MyView by default and not the Km/Full Charge screen?  Thanks to anyone who can helps.

On my 2014, when you SWITCH to the EV mode, it goes to that screen. If I shut down the car in the MyView (or any other screen), that is what will show up the next time I start up - regardless of what mode I'm in. Although the car won't start up in EV Later, I believe it switches to EV Auto, but mine doesn't change the left view unless you are switching to EV Now from some other screen.

I've started up in EV Now many times without changing the view. Maybe they changed the programming along with other changes. Not a good change, if that is true.

#4 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGTA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

On my 2014, when you SWITCH to the EV mode, it goes to that screen. If I shut down the car in the MyView (or any other screen), that is what will show up the next time I start up - regardless of what mode I'm in. Although the car won't start up in EV Later, I believe it switches to EV Auto, but mine doesn't change the left view unless you are switching to EV Now from some other screen.

I've started up in EV Now many times without changing the view. Maybe they changed the programming along with other changes. Not a good change, if that is true.

I think, you may be right (will have to double-check) - if shut down in EV now with MyView, it will start in EV Now with MyView. It's only when switching to EV Now from other mode does the miles/charge screen pop up.

#5 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:26 PM

My 2015 works the same as you describe for the 2016. If I shut the car off in EV Now, it will start up in EV Now, but always on the Energy Usage display. I normally drive in Auto since it is virtually the same as EV Now, unless you're really heavy on the throttle. Auto mode remembers the display you were using when you shut the car off.

#6 OFFLINE   DaDD

DaDD

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

My 2015 works the same as you describe for the 2016. If I shut the car off in EV Now, it will start up in EV Now, but always on the Energy Usage display. I normally drive in Auto since it is virtually the same as EV Now, unless you're really heavy on the throttle. Auto mode remembers the display you were using when you shut the car off.

That's what i finally figured out.  I've been running in EV now mode first two weeks now.  Got excited I wasn't using any fuel most days, so just left it there.  Finally started to figure out what screens I wanted for everyday and put it Auto EV.  Next figuring out what MyView I want, especially for the winter and setting up Go times.  A bit more of a learning curve than my 2010 Fusion hybrid.

#7 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

For the Winter I run MyView with Power+Threshold in the big part and Climate Control Power Usage in the small part.  I guess that's the screen I run in on year round unless something special comes up where I want to see one of the other gauges.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·