Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Low Battery capacity thread (4.5 kwh or lower via myfordmobile)

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:49 AM

Thought I would update...last report was Oct 2017, now I am seeing about 3.7 on a full charge at almost 88K miles.  pretty sad.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#82 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

Thought I would update...last report was Oct 2017, now I am seeing about 3.7 on a full charge at almost 88K miles.  pretty sad.  

You look like you charge a lot with only 28 fillups in 88k miles.  I went uphill this morning keeping MADMAX just under 35 mph for 1.5 mi. with 193k miles in my Hybrid.  Fully charged I could have gotten 2 miles. :smile2: 

Paul

#83 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

HAHAHA...that fuelly is so old.  I guess I should pull it from my signature.  The car does get charged almost every night.

#84 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Why did you stop using it? It's good info. :smile2:

Paul

#85 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Just got lazy and lost interest.

#86 OFFLINE   SyNRG

SyNRG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAnaheim, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

It has been awhile since I've posted in the forums, just wanted to provide an update.

C-Max notes = 2013 (build date of June 2013), currently has about 33.5k miles and has been charging via Level 2 since January of this year.

• When I was still charging on Level 1, saw Raja's thread on how to maintain the HVB, but didn't take serious notice until I saw this thread.  In which my kw had already dropped to 4.7.
  • So between the end of 2016 until summer 2017, began following (not 100% but about 80%) Raja's outline on preserving the HVB and his various charging techniques, although on several occasions, I've caught my wife plugging in the car immediately after she had been driving on the freeway.  The capacity now sat around 4.4 - 4.5.
  • From summer of 2017 to current, I get a constant 4.3.  Every now and then will get 4.4, and once got 4.5.  Lowest I've seen has been 4.0 - 4.2 (i had gone 3 weeks w/o checking tire pressure thus it was low, usually keep my tires inflated to around 45/46 psi).
  • So currently still getting around 4.3kw, my range still getting 19 - 22 AER (when the car was new was getting 23 - 26 AER, with a best of 27 once).  And my routes hasn't changed since then, but we've had few road trips.

I also wanted to point out to those "new" to PHEVs and BEVs, do extensive research on the thermal management system ((TMS) how the batteries are cooled).  Vehicles like Teslas, Bolt, Volvo XC90 T8, Focus EV, uses liquid cooled technology for the TMS, thus constant charging and heat will be less of an issue in regards to degradation.  In the C-Max and Fusion Energi, it's air cooled, thus heat is a huge factor in battery degradation.  Think of it like your pc/laptop/tablet/cellphone, constant recharging or leaving it plugged in causes serious degradation to the battery and eventually it may not hold a charge (don't think this will ever happen to our cars). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·