Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

I got sync 3 installed in my 2014!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:In Transition

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:38 AM

Astrand1, not sure if you knew about this: in order to use Apple Carplay with the Sync 3 upgrade, we will also need to upgrade the USB hub in the console. I don't have part numbers yet, but here's a posting elsewhere that gives the basics:  http://2gfusions.net...=94199#pid94199

According to the link, our current hub is sufficient for Android Auto. Thanks once again, Apple!  :)

Edited by 62Lincoln, 19 November 2016 - 07:27 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 302 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:42 AM

Yes I do know about this. I've been looking around trying to find a part number but so far no luck. Wow great find brother! Finally part numbers. Perfect. Now to get all of this ordered up. I'll have to get 2 of everything as I have added sync 3 to my cmax and the wife's fusion hybrid.

Edited by astrand1, 14 November 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

Does the SYNC 3 system support the Energi Specific "leaf" tab?

#24 OFFLINE   mray2660

mray2660

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX engeri

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Do you have Sirius radio in your car with Sync 3 now? If so, did that interface change? My sister and her husband both god Volvos last year, and their Sirius screens/displays are 1,000x "cooler" than ours, the way they scroll through stations, show what's being played on every station, etc. Very, very cool.

#25 OFFLINE   rocolema

rocolema

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationDallas
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:33 AM

I also just did the upgrade to Sync 3 on my 2014 Ford C-Max Energi. Agree with everything said here. Upgrade is fantastic but expensive and everything works and works much better. I ordered from this site:

https://www.4dtech.c...r-myford-touch/

They allow you to also order every tool needed for the upgrade. I've never modded any car before and was VERY careful and it took me only about 45 minutes with the clear video instructions provided by the site.

• Jonathan Ezor and Levi Smith like this

#26 ONLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:39 AM

Question for those of you who have done this upgrade that I haven't seen mentioned: Does MyFordMobile continue to operate? Does the app/website function? Does Sync 3 have the appropriate screens for it?

EDIT: Looks like it was mentioned that MFM works but still curious to what level and if there's any quirks involved?

Edited by cr08, 20 February 2018 - 04:42 AM.

#27 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

FWIW my wife and I have been searching around for a newer C-MAX to trade up to. We would lose the bug shield installed, just keep the newer B5 card, but everything else transfers over, ie. mudflaps and rubber mats.

#28 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 215 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

This is something I'm seriously considering, given that as of this coming June, I will likely own my 2015 (the lease comes due and I think I'm buying it out). Other than getting back to full battery capacity, the only other reason I'd want to swap my current C-MAX out for a newer version (new or used) would be Sync 3, particularly Android Auto. Not sure that the increased functionality would be worth the cost, though. Thanks! {Jonathan}

#29 ONLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

This is something I'm seriously considering, given that as of this coming June, I will likely own my 2015 (the lease comes due and I think I'm buying it out). Other than getting back to full battery capacity, the only other reason I'd want to swap my current C-MAX out for a newer version (new or used) would be Sync 3, particularly Android Auto. Not sure that the increased functionality would be worth the cost, though. Thanks! {Jonathan}

It's nice but in my experience a bit laggy, easy to crash (switch songs too quickly while watching the google maps screen, which normally updates a notification up top, and the screen freezes... sometimes recovering but, sometimes pauses for a minute before the screen goes blank and "resets" the android auto interface)

This is with sync 3 v2.3, v3.0 is supposed to improve responsiveness.

#30 ONLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

If you are talking about Android Auto it could also partly be your phone as all the major processing is done there. Only thing the car does in relation to Android Auto is just display what your phone is doing, relay audio to/from, and send touch controls back to the phone as well as some other low rate data such as GPS, vehicle speed, etc..

I'm also possibly looking at an upgrade to Sync 3 at some point during my ownership especially as it seems the APIM's are coming down in cost. I just wish to confirm if MFM remains fully intact. That is probably the one feature I use on a very regular basis and would not waste a second thought on paying for the subscription once Ford decides to let us know what that'll be. If the Sync 3 upgrade negates any of that, all bets are off for sure.

Edited by cr08, 22 February 2018 - 09:53 AM.

#31 ONLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

If you are talking about Android Auto it could also partly be your phone as all the major processing is done there. Only thing the car does in relation to Android Auto is just display what your phone is doing, relay audio to/from, and send touch controls back to the phone as well as some other low rate data such as GPS, vehicle speed, etc..

I'm also possibly looking at an upgrade to Sync 3 at some point during my ownership especially as it seems the APIM's are coming down in cost. I just wish to confirm if MFM remains fully intact. That is probably the one feature I use on a very regular basis and would not waste a second thought on paying for the subscription once Ford decides to let us know what that'll be. If the Sync 3 upgrade negates any of that, all bets are off for sure.

Could be... Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 is fairly state of the art these days but bugs could be afoot too.

#32 OFFLINE   Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWI
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-max Energi

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

I also just did the upgrade to Sync 3 on my 2014 Ford C-Max Energi. Agree with everything said here. Upgrade is fantastic but expensive and everything works and works much better. I ordered from this site:
https://www.4dtech.c...r-myford-touch/
They allow you to also order every tool needed for the upgrade. I've never modded any car before and was VERY careful and it took me only about 45 minutes with the clear video instructions provided by the site.

Do the information displays to the left and right of the speedometer still work?

Edited by Monkeysystem, 02 April 2018 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·