Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

I got sync 3 installed in my 2014!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

So I took the plunge and ordered 2 sync 3 modules. One for my nrg and one for the wife's fusion hybrid. I put mine in last night and all I can say is wow! It's how sync should have always been. Works perfectly. Very fast and responsive. The map is cool. It shows this ring that shows how far you can go on electric power. Now I can't wait for the update that should be coming soon for apple CarPlay. 👍

Attached Files

Edited by astrand1, 25 September 2016 - 08:58 AM.

• fotomoto likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

How much?  Sync 2 had the EV range map also, if you were in EV mode it would show it though I hardly have used that.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

Interesting. I never saw it on sync 2. He gave me a deal because I bought 2 of them but I think for 1 the original price was $1699. Not cheap but I spend lots of time in my car especially when I drive across country and when I occasionally do a little Uber so I think it was worth it.

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

OH!  You live in Santa Clarita area?  I have a friend who is on Redwood Glen Road there, visited him last September.  Maybe next time I come to California if you're in that area I can meet you for coffee or something like that :)

-=>Raja.

#5 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationflorida
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:energi

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

I would love this just for android auto but that price is a bit crazy.
  • Kermit likes this

#6 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:31 AM

Can you find out the part numbers? Did they have to replace screen or just modules?

#7 OFFLINE   MaxLB

MaxLB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSoCal
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max NRG

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

There is no Android Auto, even for Sync 3.

#8 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

There is no Android Auto, even for Sync 3.

https://owner.ford.c...droid-auto.html

#9 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

OH!  You live in Santa Clarita area?  I have a friend who is on Redwood Glen Road there, visited him last September.  Maybe next time I come to California if you're in that area I can meet you for coffee or something like that :)

-=>Raja.

Well I actually work out here. (movie industry) but I live in Michigan not far from Lansing area. Seems like your on the road a lot as well. Would love to meet up sometime and talk NRG stuff! lol

#10 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Can you find out the part numbers? Did they have to replace screen or just modules?

I will see what I can find for part numbers. Yes the screen is new and higher res and then the APIM behind it is also different. Its such an easy swap. Was like 10-20 min if that. Im out at Apple store getting new phone but when i get home I will look on my wife sync 3 unit since its still in the box and put some pics up.

Edited by astrand1, 25 September 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:25 PM

There is Android auto and apple CarPlay if you get the 2017 Module. It cost more and I decided to just wait for the free software update for it. Also another hidden benefit is HD voice on calls! I called my wife awhile ago and was blown away at how loud and clear it was. this upgrade was so worth it for me. Im not gonna lie it was a crap ton of money but I figure if i was to put in a custom stereo i might spend like $1000 or so anyway so i guess thats how I'm justifying it. lol YMMV

#12 OFFLINE   Kermit

Kermit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi, Candy Blue!

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:14 AM

Do you have Sirius radio in your car with Sync 3 now? If so, did that interface change? My sister and her husband both god Volvos last year, and their Sirius screens/displays are 1,000x "cooler" than ours, the way they scroll through stations, show what's being played on every station, etc. Very, very cool.

#13 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:58 AM

Do you have Sirius radio in your car with Sync 3 now? If so, did that interface change? My sister and her husband both god Volvos last year, and their Sirius screens/displays are 1,000x "cooler" than ours, the way they scroll through stations, show what's being played on every station, etc. Very, very cool.

Well overall it's way cooler. For Sirius I'm still playing around but you can now pause and replay music. Pandora is all new and you can do thumbs up/down change stations all from the screen. I'm gonna say that just like the volvos sync 3 is like 1000x better than before.

#14 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

Here are pics of the part numbers of the screen and APIM

Attached Files

#15 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

So ultimately there Is a solution...

#16 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:In Transition

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

So I took the plunge and ordered 2 sync 3 modules. One for my nrg and one for the wife's fusion hybrid. I put mine in last night and all I can say is wow! It's how sync should have always been. Works perfectly. Very fast and responsive. The map is cool. It shows this ring that shows how far you can go on electric power. Now I can't wait for the update that should be coming soon for apple CarPlay.

Congrats, I'm thinking of doing this for the same reasons as you stated later in the thread.

Couple of questions: did you buy from this guy:  https://m.facebook.c...04277299911777/

Is MyFordMobile tied to these modules, or do we update it in some other manner (for the coming elimination of 2G by ATT)?

#17 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Is MyFordMobile tied to these modules, or do we update it in some other manner (for the coming elimination of 2G by ATT)?

MyFordMobile is handled by a separate unit called the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) located towards the rear of the car.

#18 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

Congrats, I'm thinking of doing this for the same reasons as you stated later in the thread.

Couple of questions: did you buy from this guy: https://m.facebook.c...04277299911777/

Yes MyFord mobile works just like it used to. Nice and slow! Lol. And yes that guy. His name is Jesse. He is great guy! Very helpful. Highly recommended. 👍

#19 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:In Transition

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

And yes that guy. His name is Jesse. He is great guy! Very helpful. Highly recommended.

Talked to him a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking about using aftermarket amps, and he can include a wiring harness that allows me to do so. I think bypassing the factory amp will also negate the active noise control (I don't want to lose that feature), so I need to talk with him some more to determine my options. Glad to hear that it's such a good upgrade, and that the install was so seamless. You're not helping!  LOL

#20 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

Talked to him a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking about using aftermarket amps, and he can include a wiring harness that allows me to do so. I think bypassing the factory amp will also negate the active noise control (I don't want to lose that feature), so I need to talk with him some more to determine my options. Glad to hear that it's such a good upgrade, and that the install was so seamless. You're not helping! LOL

Yeah my feeling is also that you would prolly loose the ANC if you skirt the factory amp. He might be able to reprogram the factory amp to send out a flat signal that would be better for the aftermarket amps. He posted some video awhile ago about re programming the amp or the audio unit. He seems real sharp so I'm sure he will have an idea or 2. 👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·