Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Happy National Drive Electric Week!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Firemom233

Firemom233

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Energi/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

Tomorrow starts the annual National Drive Electric Week around the nation and my CMAX is going to be on display at the event here locally. I'm super excited, this will be my first one ever even attending much less having a vehicle featured in it! I bought a Chevy Volt in January after totaling a brand new (only made one payment) car and absolutely love it. Then last week I had the opportunity to buy this 2013 CMAX Energi for a steal because of the high miles (it's out of warranty) and I have been thrilled with it! I have learned so much on these forums, I wish the facebook group was more active though, and I sure hope I will be able to answer any questions anyone might throw my way! If you haven't done a search yet check out driveelectricweek.org and find the event near you, there's bound to be some awesome stuff to see!

Anyway, earlier this week I came across a thread on here where someone was having major issues with his HVB and was trying to get it replaced by Ford (He did eventually get it replaced earlier this year by the way) But now I can't find the thread again and do not remember his name. At the beginning of his post he wanted as many people as possible to start out on a full charge and drive EV only stopping immediately after the battery was used up and the engine kicked on to see how many kWh were used in that full charge. Many people posted about how much degradation their battery had lost and some of the numbers were super low. I won't lie I was a bit worried since mine has such high miles but I wasn't able to do the trip until this evening and I am happy to report that it looks to be in tip top shape! I've never tried to do a screen shot on here so hopefully it comes out, but I had 5.4 kWh with 23.7 total miles (I actually probably could have gotten more than 24 but wanted to be able to stop immediately when they ran out so I was driving a few circles around a gas station at the end but a couple of police came in and I didn't want them thinking I was up to anything so I actually stopped before the engine kicked in) Only a 93% driving score and a 98% brake score. I know I have lots and lots to learn, but I am so happy with those numbers!

Sorry about the length of this post. As you can tell, I love this car and I am so excited about finding it! (Yeah I don't know how to post those trip logs that I keep seeing others post so mine didn't come out)

• dr61 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

Went to the first one this week today, they are always interesting I've been to several over the past couple of years.  One year I went to Worcester and they had me speak about EV car experiences, those guys liked me so much they asked that I come back again last year, but I happened to be in California that time visiting my brother and was unable to go.  I did go in California to a couple last year, so that was pretty cool and I met up with some folks from here over there as well as today here in Rhode Island.

I had one guy who drives a chevy volt come and express alot of interest in my Cmax so we sat in there together and I explained a bunch of the screens and answered all this questions, and he did have alot mind you, I enjoyed chatting with him.

I also had a chance to test drive the Chevy volt, while it worked OK and seems like a decent car, I still prefer the information feedback from our Cmaxes better than that of the volt.  Its got the extra range going for it, but there are some things about it I didn't like as much.  Also the car came up with a requirement to run the engine every time you powered it up, and the salesman dismissed it.  He said the car needs to run the engine every couple of months or so (maintenance mode), in the Cmax its not required to run unless its 18 months of time or you have alot of short engine runs then you get maintenance mode triggered to dry out the oil.

Not any big show stoppers it was good to check out the new Volt.  Looks like its got pretty good room in the back with the seats folded down as well.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 10 September 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

I went to the 2014 event in Seattle with my Focus Electric.  That one was pretty cool, with a lot of interaction, drawings, prizes, politicians and enthusiastic discussion amongst EV enthusiasts. 

Last year I missed the event due to travel. 

This year I took my C-Max Energi to the Winnipeg event.  I was only there for about an hour, and that was really 1/2 hour more than was interesting :-| .  Maybe I was there too early and the interesting activity was later in the day, but from what I saw, most of the EVs parked there were just using the MEVAFest as free parking to get to the other events that were going on in the area. 

The Ford dealer was there with a C-Max Energi and a Focus Electric for people to drive.  I was impressed to see a Focus Electric in Winnipeg.  The last time I talked to the dealer, they seemed very reluctant to bring one in. 

There was a new Volt and a Leaf there from one of the local dealers, but there was nobody around to talk, and the cars did not appear to be available to drive or explore, they were closed up and locked. 

One used car dealer that specializes in more interesting/exotic cars was there with a Tesla and an i3.  The i3 was all opened up for people to check out, but the Tesla was not.  The price in the i3 seemed outrageous at $93k CAD for a used i3 without Rex  {:-o  I've noticed that this dealer seems to price it's inventory in line with the USD.  Every time the exchange rates change, the CAD prices change.

New Flyer, a local manufacturer of Electric Buses had one of their electric models there.

There was an electric pontoon boat, a few electric bikes, and a really cool Avanti that had the drivetrain from a wrecked Leaf transplanted into it.

There was also a little electric race cart there with a whole team of people with matching shirts milling around it. 

The power company had a bucket truck there that claimed to be a hybrid of some sort, but the every time they moved it, it just seemed like any other diesel truck,  maybe the bucket itself ran on batteries so the diesel didn't have to run while the truck was parked.

The most interesting person there was a guy who built a rat-rod electric bike from a bunch of trash.  The only thing on the bike that didn't come straight from the trash was the motor-hub rear wheel, and perhaps the portable folding solar panel that he used to charge the batteries when the bike was parked. 

I know Manitoba has a pretty good number of home-built EVs that were not well represented.  Either they were boycotting the event, or showing up later in the afternoon.

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,237 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

Yesterday I went to the Walpole, it was much more muted than the RI event and just a bunch of us guys talking together about our cars.  Big-Y eventually came out and brought out some snacks and refreshments, and the best part of the whole thing for me was to meet a lady who drove a blue Cmax just as mine.  She got it in January and knew almost nothing about the car, I spent an hour with her talking and explaining all the features in the car and she was delighted to learn all about the things she could do and how to drive, brake, etc.  I felt very happy to be able to show her all the good techniques of driving the Cmax  :happy feet:

Tomorrow I'll go to the WPI event, should be interesting there, they have electric bicycles I'd like to get on one and try it out, plus see what else is going on there.  Its going to be a stretch for me to get there 100% EV, but I will try.

-=>Raja.

#5 OFFLINE   Firemom233

Firemom233

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Energi/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Passed a guy on an electric bike just yesterday! That was one thing we were missing at our event we were talking about, there weren't any electric motorcycles there either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·