Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Renaissance Man

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Slowpoe

Slowpoe

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone.

So I finally got the dang MyFord Mobile app to work and looking through it I noticed I'm number one in Region 8 Renaissance Man rankings after 30 days. Looking through every region, it appears I have the highest score (99). My question is are these stats based on everyone in the nation driving a C-Max Energi who has installed the app or just a few randomn cars in each region?

Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

I believe its from everyone registered in MFM.  99 score in most cases requires you to drive 100% electric at speeds of 40mph or less.  I can achieve that in the winters when I don't have any out of state trips, in the summer or any time you get on the highway and start the engine the driving scores drop way down.  Today just getting on the highway for 3 miles 1 exit at 50mph (didn't even use the engine) dropped my driving score from 99 to 96 - over 40 in MFM you will be punished..!

Nice job being 99 in FL, are you driving 100% electric, I didn't see you in the top 10 in that list but there are many 100% electric folks in region 8.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:31 AM

Slowpoe, congratulation on you high ranking. That is quite an accomplishment. I am also in region 8 and will be no threat to your ranking as i'm currently at 696 in in the renaissance Man category with a score of 81. 

Tom

#4 OFFLINE   Slowpoe

Slowpoe

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

Raja,

I drive about 32 miles daily, 22-25 or so in EV, the rest on Hybrid mode. I do a litany of things to stretch my EV range on the highway so I can use electric power more frequently without depleting the battery too much. I let go of the accelerator on my way up small hills and always do do down them, use that button on the gear shift (don't know what is called right now) always as I coast down, I switch between Hybrid, EV and EV later often, depending on my speed and the pace of traffic, I accelerate like a snail and coast to a stop when I can predict it, etc.. However, I do not drive 100% EV, currently it says about 86%. The car is rated for 19 EV miles, but I have managed to drive a couple times to 28. My daily drive is about 18 miles highway, 14 miles city, so it's a challenge for sure. After a month of ownership, 900 or so miles, my MPG is 111.5; the average of both EV and Hybrid driving. My commute is pretty typical of most in Miami, so I am very pleased with the results so far. I charge the vehicle at a couple of places that provide free charging for an hour or so a few times a week which further increases my overall savings; already impressive. I'd say I'm paying about $15 to FPL a month. As for my gas, I still have half the tank at 900 miles; and again that is not driving 100% EV.

All this said, the folks who move around, honk at me, shout at me, make insulting hand movements as they go by, may have a different perspective as I go no more than 55 mph on highway; usually 45-50. If I have any secret it's that; I drive slow. Ergo, the name Slowpoe :)

#5 OFFLINE   Slowpoe

Slowpoe

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

Slowpoe, congratulation on you high ranking. That is quite an accomplishment. I am also in region 8 and will be no threat to your ranking as i'm currently at 696 in in the renaissance Man category with a score of 81.

Tom

Thank you friend. It's not easy. Sometimes I wish I could floor the pedal like my old GTI, but I remind myself driving slow and accelerating and slowing down in a steady and smooth manner are the keys to the EV kingdom; at least for now. One day these cars will be driving like any other. If or now, the trade off is efficiency. If you floor it, you're mpg is screwed lol

#6 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

HI slowpoke:

Depending on the speed you go it is possible to go 32 miles in 1 charge on EV without any serious hills.  Have you tried shortest route to see maybe its 30 miles instead of 32 on the highway and you could drive there EV only?  I'm not saying do that all the time, but just a thought.

On the highway thing, use the ICE for the uphills and use the battery for level roads and downhill stuff.  If you can't charge at work then do that for both ways and you should be able to stretch the battery for the round trip.  EV is almost the same as Auto, I hardly use that setting.  All it buys you is flooring the car does not allow the engine to start or using heat in cold weather lowers the engine starting threshold slightly, but that's about it.  And if its below 32F the engine is going to start regardless with heat whether in EV or Auto.  I don't use heat any more in the winter unless the engine is running to use my battery for propulsion not for "comfort" as I can be just as comfortable with a jacket and gloves in the car.

-=>Raja.

#7 OFFLINE   Slowpoe

Slowpoe

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:06 PM

Raja,

My commute to work is the most direct (13.5), it's on the way back where it's tricky. I have to deviate from my route to pickup my son which adds a few more miles; many in rush hour street traffic. Sucks.

Thanks for the tips. I do go up hills occasionally with ICE, but more often I accelerate slightly into them on EV and coast up and down over them with my foot off pedal. I go into a hill at say 55, end up at 45 at top and back to 55 at bottom; I'm talking highway road man-made hills. Miami is flatter than a pancake otherwise. I usually do this when I'm not in a hurry and when no one is behind me. Lol

#8 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

Oh yeah you mean the flyovers on the highway, those where the road goes over another road under it and back down (they have that in FL on the highways), while on the ICE I have to restart the ICE at the hill flattens out otherwise my MPG numbers will suffer if the car continues for some time on battery only.

I would only use the engine to get over the hills if its already hot and ready to go, never start it for just that purpose it would be counter intuitive.  If you are EV only then just try to make it all the way EV only.  Letting the car lose some speed up the hill by limiting the power to 2 bars or less is the best way, and then on the other side of the hill slowly regain the speed down the hill.

Try to keep your car out of the heat/sun as much as possible for longer HVB life, this is especially true in hot weather in FL.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·