Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Got Several Repairs - Took A Week!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

Well, the front end started creaking, so I took it in. They fixed the bearings on the front struts. While I was there, I had them reprogram the GPS to fix the "Car off to the side of the road" problem, and the "A/C core ices up and stops cooling" as well. Took them exactly 7 days, the longest repair ever of my Ford hybrids.

Edited by stevedebi, 31 August 2016 - 12:17 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ecraigsmit

ecraigsmit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax energi

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Steve, did the GPS reprogram work?  Mine has recently started this behavior as well.  I've read that reprogramming doesn't always fix the problem (comes back after some time).  Doesn't bother me too much until it doesn't go into EV+ mode on the long hill up to my house. Thanks, Craig

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

Steve, did the GPS reprogram work?  Mine has recently started this behavior as well.  I've read that reprogramming doesn't always fix the problem (comes back after some time).  Doesn't bother me too much until it doesn't go into EV+ mode on the long hill up to my house. Thanks, Craig

I had the GPS drift problem this last spring after three years of owning the CMax. The reprogram was done and it has worked fine for the last few months.

Tom

#4 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

Don't know. It only happened for me during long trips, especially when the highway turned from east/west to north/south. I will try and get back when I know.

#5 OFFLINE   ecraigsmit

ecraigsmit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax energi

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

Tom/Steve, what did you ask the dealer to do? Just describe the symptoms and ask them to "reprogram the GPS"? My local dealer is not EV certified (bought mine from out of state) and anytime I bring the car in I can almost feel them roll their eyes even though it has nothing to do with being an Energi. Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Tom/Steve, what did you ask the dealer to do? Just describe the symptoms and ask them to "reprogram the GPS"? My local dealer is not EV certified (bought mine from out of state) and anytime I bring the car in I can almost feel them roll their eyes even though it has nothing to do with being an Energi. Thanks

Here is the detailed reference (Post #10 in the thread shown below) where I posted the original description of the my GPS drift issue and the Dealer service solution.  Their specific fix was "Reprogrammed GPSM per SSM 45215 and retested, GPS functions correctly".

http://fordcmaxenerg...4561-gps-drift/

Tom

#7 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

Here is the detailed reference (Post #10 in the thread shown below) where I posted the original description of the my GPS drift issue and the Dealer service solution.  Their specific fix was "Reprogrammed GPSM per SSM 45215 and retested, GPS functions correctly".

http://fordcmaxenerg...4561-gps-drift/

Tom

Yup, same here. I took in The SSM number.  This was my second visit with the problem. The first time they just reset the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·