Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Myford Mobile no longer available, 2G network shut down

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Montanawinter

Montanawinter

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2 2013 C-Max Energis

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

With the shutting down of AT&Ts 2G network, Myford mobile is no longer working. There seems to be no plans for an update. After all the hype then, poof! No more. RIP. The network shutdown has been underway for years and Ford kept promoting it knowing it was coming. Only Lincoln was provided an upgraded modem. Other car companies upgraded but not Ford.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

MFM still working for me, and 2G is apparently still alive in Houston.

#3 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

I can still communicate with both of my cars.  According to AT&T's coverage map, California still has good 2G coverage, but I think their coverage map has been BS for quite a while as it relates to 2G coverage.

Ford is not the only one struggling with this.  GM only provides upgrades for those On-star users with the paid subscription, and Nissan has no answer yet for Leaf owners.

There are reports of new Ford Plug-ins being delivered with 3G modems, reports of Ford instructing dealers to install the new version of the modem to resolve problems, and reports that Ford will start updating the modems in December.  It's not as reassuring as a press release would be, but we are starting to hear a lot more in recent weeks than we had been hearing for the last year.

#4 OFFLINE   Montanawinter

Montanawinter

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:2 2013 C-Max Energis

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

This is a searchable map. The areas in dark green are the last bits of 2G. You can search your own city and see how much is left. Last week, for example there was lots of 2G in Sacramento. It disappeared Sunday night. In Merced, where my son attends school, there is also has very little 2G left. 

http://www.sensorly....A, USA|coverage

#5 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:28 AM

The problem with Sensorly is that you cannot choose to view 2G independently from 3G and it only shows 3G (green) if that is available since they assume that everyone is looking for the fastest connection available and that all devices are capable of at least 3G.  My cars have reliable communication with the MFM servers from areas that show no blue coverage on their map, only green.

The only map I have found that allows you to segregate 2G data is the AT&T map at https://www.att.com/...s-coverage.html

On this map you can select "Data" then deselect everything except 2G.  It will then show you AT&T's overly optimist claim as to what 2G data coverage they provide.

Edited by cwstnsko, 01 September 2016 - 05:35 AM.

• OhioEnergi1 likes this

#6 OFFLINE   bradleydad1

bradleydad1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Current Vehicle:second C-Max, black

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:53 PM

Myford mobile worked fine until about a month ago. It's been a month now that I've bee. When I try to add one of my Energis to my account, it hangs on confirmation, you can't delete the car and try again or do anything. I tried adding another Energi and it's doing the same thing. I go through all the resets and fuse pulling, trying on new devices, create account and such and nothing. I don't even get the first request for confirmation. I've found a place with 2G service, but there's no change. They escalated my case but no one ever called me back. I called support and finally thought I had someone when they put me on hold to talk to energy, but it just hung up after awhile. I tried calling back but it goes to electric vehicle support. They said they would transfer me but that got me right back to the same department. Next call, same thing, agant promised he would hold to make sure I got to the right place and they lying idiot transferred my to roadside assistance. Fourth call, same thing, asked for a supervisor 20 minutes ago, still holding.

#7 OFFLINE   nocarbon

nocarbon

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

Had modem replaced.  Appeared to be connected with MFM but Go Times no longer worked altho showed on phone.  Deleted MFM App, reinstalled, factory reset, still no Go Times.  Called Customer Support, got detailed instructions: un-pair phone from Sync, log out of app, Master Reset veh settings, pair phone, log in.  Now no gps, audio all presets deleted, still no go times.  Taking to dealer.  Any suggestions?   

#8 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 332 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

My GO times have synced twice (they vanished when I looked at them on the dashboard) in the month since I upgraded, but Value Charge has not.  Everything else apparently works OK, no fuse resets on my part.

#9 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

Had modem replaced.  Appeared to be connected with MFM but Go Times no longer worked altho showed on phone.  Deleted MFM App, reinstalled, factory reset, still no Go Times.  Called Customer Support, got detailed instructions: un-pair phone from Sync, log out of app, Master Reset veh settings, pair phone, log in.  Now no gps, audio all presets deleted, still no go times.  Taking to dealer.  Any suggestions?   

Log into my ford mobile on the computer.  Remove your vehicle.  (Has nothing to do with phone pairing as the car works with the system without having to leave your phone in the car!)

(Just for good measure I would log out, then log back in later.)

Start the process of adding your vehicle like you did originally.

Hopefully this works.

My wife is scheduled for "modem replacement" on the 19th.  That's what I'm going to try.....

Edited by jzchen, 13 December 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:48 AM

Just did "Factory Reset" on the My Ford Mobile site in anticipation for the work on Monday.....

#11 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:28 AM

Nope.  Didn't get a new modem!  My wife had called a few dealerships, and a couple were noting that two visits were needed, one to confirm and order, and the one she chose said they'd take care of it.  Unfortunately the part was not in stock yesterday and they sent her car home without the upgrade.  No ETA I'm afraid as well.

#12 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

Got a call that it was in stock as of Wednesday, and the car is there today, (they didn't have time to work on it yesterday)!  Woo hoo!!!!

#13 OFFLINE   agincourt

agincourt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationComox
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Energi 2015

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Had some problems after new modem fitted.  Did a master reset and after that logged into the myfordmobile website to set that up.  Got past Stage 2 and you then go to the car touch screen for stage three to set up myfordmobile.  Can't see where I go on the screen to complete stage 3.  Any clues for me?

#14 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

After adding the VIN, I went to the car and turned it on.  After maybe 3 minutes a pop up shows on the screen which noted the email address and my ford mobile requesting to connect.  I selected the "Allow" button.

After another 24 hours I went back to the car and turned it on, again about 3 minutes after, the same or very similar pop up comes on the screen.  I selected the "Allow" button again.  I waited a good minute and a half before I turned off the car.

I went back to My Ford Mobile phone ap and the car shows up.  (I hope this helps.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·