Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Wrench Warning Light

wrench

1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   moosmith

moosmith

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndianapolis
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

This past Thursday, I received a wrench warning light after unplugging my car and starting it.  The wrench light stayed on for about 5 minutes then went off.  I didn't think too much of it, since it disappeared.  Friday through Sunday before I took it to the dealer, the light would come on after unplugging my car, and a couple of times would not go off.  I drove about 25 miles with it on.  I was in a public area without a charger, so when I re-started it to come home there was no light.  When the light is on, the car drives really bad....shimmies, vibrates, feels like trying to ride a bicycle with the chain in between gears.  When the light has not come on, the care drives smoothly.  When the light came on for about the 10th time, I decided to take it into the dealer.  The light was on when I started out, but about 3 miles from the dealer the wrench light went out.  i explained to the dealer that this seems to happen after having been plugged in.  The memory had no record of the lights coming on, even though my phone had a message that a warning light was on.  They said they can't figure out what to look for, since they could not duplicate it, and wanted me to bring it back when the light came on again and they needed the light to be on when I arrived.  I explained that there was no guarantee the light would stay on until I got to the dealer.  According to the manual, the wrench for a CMAX means there is a problem with the powertrain.  I believe that because of the way it drives when the light is on.  

Has anybody else had this happen?  How to do you keep the light on for them to see it?  If it is not recording in the memory when the light is on what difference is it going to make?  I have pictures of it, but the dealer says that isn't good enough.  I am concerned driving the car long distances if there are powertrain issues.

• Xde4hewWisk likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:43 PM

I hope they checked for codes. I will assume that none were found but that seems strange. There should be history. You might also check for codes using the left screen test mode. (Press and hold the left OK button when turning on the car until the test mode appears in the left screen). Use the down arrow to scroll through the screens. You may find diagnostic codes or history of diagnostics codes here. (Press and hold the left OK button to end the test mode.) If you have a ScanGauge it can be used to check diagnostic codes. Also if you can't get to the dealer most auto supply store should be able to read any codes.

I have not ever had this issue but unless you can find the codes or show the car to dealer service when the problem is present it is unlikely they will be able to offer a solution.

Tom

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·