Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Hold placed on Energis?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nwick

nwick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationcolorado
  • Current Vehicle:honda civic hybrid

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

My car arrived by train four days ago in Denver and the dealer can't pick it up and can't tell me why Ford has placed a hold on it. It's infuriating. The sales manager claims that it is nationwide and Ford won't tell him why. I read on the forum that some cars in California were being held for computer reprogramming for admissions. Is anyone out there getting the same run around?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   sean.havins

sean.havins

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationLoveland, Colorado, USA, Earth, Sol
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

just out of curiosity, which dealer are you working with?

#3 OFFLINE   Valkraider

Valkraider

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

Mine was delivered to me Wednesday so if it is true then it happened Thursday or Friday.

Or my dealer ignored it.

#4 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationLaguna Hills, CA
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Grey Energi, Finally

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

The dealer I ordered mine from can't get mine either. He said it's at the loading dock where the train offloads and the car carriers pick them up for distribution.

If he doesn't get it on his lot by the 24th, I will lose out on the Sirius radio promotion of free subscription for two years, that cuts it to 6 months only. Also, If I get the car before the end of the year, the Federal tax credit of $3750 will be applied for sure to my 2012 years earnings. My question is, Will the tax credit be the same for 2013? Maybe not.

I've found one at another dealer and may just cancel my special ordered one.

Update, the other dealer sold his last night.

Update,Update, Dealer stated they will extend the Sirius promotion to me.

and thanks "Don" for the info on the tax credit. I'm starting to feel better now.  Whew

Edited by DozerBob, 22 December 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Valkraider

Valkraider

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

What's the Sirius promotion?

#6 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I would like to know if the administrators of this C-Max Energi Forum could make a few calls to help out with some of the questions we have here before the Press hears of our predicament. I think the "Hold at the Dock" would be quite newsworthy. I think a whole new all hybrid line designed, built, shipped. but STOP! Don't release them to the dealers order is worthy of an answer.

#7 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Maybe the Sirius promo was just in Southern Calif.

Edited by DozerBob, 22 December 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   nwick

nwick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm working w sill terhar. Still no word. Very frustrated.

#9 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

The dealer I ordered mine from can't get mine either. He said it's at the loading dock where the train offloads and the car carriers pick them up for distribution.

If he doesn't get it on his lot by the 24th, I will lose out on the Sirius radio promotion of free subscription for two years, that cuts it to 6 months only. Also, If I get the car before the end of the year, the Federal tax credit of $3750 will be applied for sure to my 2012 years earnings. My question is, Will the tax credit be the same for 2013? Maybe not.

I've found one at another dealer and may just cancel my special ordered one.

Update, the other dealer sold his last night.

My guess is you should still get the tax credit unless either Ford sells more than 200,000 eligible units by July 2013 or the Republicans pass a measure supporting reduction of alternative energy spending (as they have done in the past) as part of the cuts. Here is a link to the tax incentive program. There is a tab at the bottom of the page that you can open to see details of the phase out.

http://www.fuelecono.../taxphevb.shtml

#10 OFFLINE   nwick

nwick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

To clarify, was the sirius deal just in ca? Did you initially find out about it through your dealer or did you pursue it independently? Does anyone have any idea who I can contact to find out what's going on with my car? My dealer is useless and when I called Ford they said everything was fine, which is obviously a lie.

Edited by nwick, 22 December 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I've only been in touch with dealers here in So Cal. From the Long Beach area to Orange County. They have all told me about it. It may well be a regional promotion.

#12 OFFLINE   mipmapped

mipmapped

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 300A

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I will be discussing the possibility of the lease and buy out option with my dealer to get the rebate immediately if the car arrives next year. It was mentioned in another thread. My Energi is still due the 26th. I asked about the hold issue but the sales guy hadn't heard about it.

#13 OFFLINE   nwick

nwick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Thanks, to you both, I appreciate the info. Dozerbob, please let me know if you learn anything about the hold on your car or if it is lifted.

Edited by nwick, 22 December 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#14 OFFLINE   JohnF

JohnF

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO
  • Current Vehicle:99 Solara

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

My Energi was built on Dec 3rd and has been on hold on the ramp in Detroit since then.  The dealer does not know why or when the car will ship.  He wants me to sign for the car before the end of the year so I can get the tax break.  I told him if the car is put on a train this week I may do that.  If the car is not shipped this week I am thinking it may not ship until February or March.  The secrecy is the key.  If Ford knew that the logjam was going to clear soon they would have told the dealers.  As much as I want this Energi, I will shop for another car in January if this one doesn't ship next week.  I will keep you posted.

Edited by JohnF, 22 December 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   mipmapped

mipmapped

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 300A

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

So, holds at both on and off ramps... I believe mine made it onto the train around Monday 17th and is currently working its way through Nevada. It was built on the 7th. The dealer just called with the update (different sales guy) and I asked him again about the hold. He said he's had 5 or 6 Energies delivered lately without issues and still expects mine on schedule. Fingers crossed...

Edited by mipmapped, 22 December 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

He wants me to sign for the car before the end of the year so I can get the tax break. 

You better check with your accountant on the rules. I had the same plan but my accountant says no! The car must be "in service" in the tax year you are planning to do the deduction.

#17 OFFLINE   CarolinaPHEV

CarolinaPHEV

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTriangle Area
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Grey C Max Energi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi from NC.  My Energi is also on hold!  It was due in this week, but is now sitting in a rail yard in Wiston Salem, NC.  I've gotten the same story about a total lack of information as to why this is, but they absolutely cannot get the car until Ford releases the hold.

This is incredibly inconvenient and feels dishonest..we deserve to know why our vehicles are on hold!

#18 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

To nwick, My dealer told me today to not expect an answer until after Christmas about when they'll be released, Everyone is gone for the holidays.

Edited by DozerBob, 22 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   Heather V

Heather V

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Mine was built Dec 3rd and made it to LA by Dec 18th but is now stuck there. After calling the dealership the last few days they finally said it might be another week, that it is being held for inspection. I am sooooooo bummed. Now I just hope it comes by the end of the year as I was counting on the tax credit for this years taxes. I guess I would rather they take longer and make sure it is safe but waiting since October when I ordered it is getting old.

#20 OFFLINE   nwick

nwick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I spent another day getting the runaround from my dealer, who claims to know nothing. How can any business function like this? It's not as if anyone is doing anything to the vehicle, it is apparently just sitting at a railyard holding area. I am rapidly losing patience with Ford. This feels dishonest and incompetent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·