Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid How-To and Info Videos

how-to video instruction manual

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shorttack

Shorttack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWestport, MA; Savannah, GA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi 303A

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ford's spot for Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid How-To and Info Videos is link here.

Featured Videos at the Site:

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Richard Teichman

Richard Teichman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Vehicle:c-max Energi

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I have a 2114 C-Max Energi  -  great vehicle.  I have one annoyance. When I turn off the car I get the trip summary as shown in the video below but not the lifetime summary.  Is there any way to get that to show up?

#3 ONLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

I assume you mean you have the 2014 C-Max energi since it will be awhile before the 2114 model is available.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but the lifetime summary is no longer available. It seems that Ford removed both the MPGe units display and the lifetime summary screen at the same time about mid year 2013. I was lucky to get my NRG in May of 2013 and think that the lifetime summary screen is quite important. 

I don't see Ford giving the screen back but that does not mean that you should not complain to them about it. 

#4 OFFLINE   Richard Teichman

Richard Teichman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Vehicle:c-max Energi

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

I am using one of my trip meters, enhanced mode, as my lifetime summary.  It gives me most of what I am looking for.

#5 OFFLINE   nocarbon

nocarbon

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

I have a 2013 model, was informed of a Synch upgrade, downloaded to laptop and flash drive.  Followed instructions for uploading to car which include defeating the "Gas Engine Off" mode as it must be running for the duration of the upload. The instructions say to click on Settings on the left instrument cluster, then Vehicle, unfortunately the only options are Lighting, Remote Start...  I called Ford technical assistance and they didn't know and was advised to take it to the dealer, which I am doing tomorrow.  To me this is incredulous.  Not only are there multiple inaccuracies in the Owners Manual but their technical assistance, at least in this particular case was useless.  What's so disappointing to me is I absolutely love the car but I get the impression Ford is not fully up to speed with its own technology.  Have others had similar experiences?  

#6 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

I have a 2013 model, was informed of a Synch upgrade, downloaded to laptop and flash drive.  Followed instructions for uploading to car which include defeating the "Gas Engine Off" mode as it must be running for the duration of the upload. The instructions say to click on Settings on the left instrument cluster, then Vehicle, unfortunately the only options are Lighting, Remote Start...  I called Ford technical assistance and they didn't know and was advised to take it to the dealer, which I am doing tomorrow.  To me this is incredulous.  Not only are there multiple inaccuracies in the Owners Manual but their technical assistance, at least in this particular case was useless.  What's so disappointing to me is I absolutely love the car but I get the impression Ford is not fully up to speed with its own technology.  Have others had similar experiences?  

I guess I missed that part. I installed mine while I was in EV mode, and didn't change anything in the settings menu.

For the Energi, having the HVB is the same as having the engine on for normal cars. They just want to be sure that you have continuous power to the MFT.

#7 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

I just installed the latest SYNC update last night. Just plugged in the USB and waited for it to do its thing. Took about 20 minutes. Pretty hassle-free. No engine turning on or anything.

Edited by bro1999, 20 November 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   nocarbon

nocarbon

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

Were you driving or in park?  I tried in park and as soon as the engine shut down my screen went blank.  I'll try again.   

#9 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

They mean that the car has to be "ON". All you have to do is make sure the "drive icon" is green (lower right, a little car with arrows), and you are good to go. You can even drive around while the update is in progress - just don't turn the car off while it is updating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how-to, video, instruction, manual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·