Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Considering a C-Max

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DanM

DanM

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationConnecticut
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:Dodge Dart - Totalled

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

Thanks again, everyone! We are going to test drive it tomorrow. I just hope we can find one in the color & features we want. Why must 90% of all cars come with black interiors????

Allow me to mirror this. I drive a C-MAX Energi and a 2011 Ford Taurus SEL. Yes, the 6-cylinder engine and big trunk of the Taurus are draws for long cruises, but maxing out at 21-22 MPG even on highways (and getting more like 16 locally) means I take the C-MAX whenever I can, even for long drives. This past weekend, we put two large suitcases and a bunch of other stuff in the back of the C-MAX, two adult-sized kids in the back seat, my wife and me in the front seats, and drove a few hundred miles into (and then back out of) the mountains. Other than having my rear view blocked (anyone know of a hack that would let me leave the rear-facing camera on all the time as a substitute rearview mirror?), the C-MAX was a great vehicle for the trip, and even though it was fully loaded and the high-capacity battery was depleted *and* much of my trip was uphill, I still managed 43-ish MPG on the way there, and significantly better coming home because of the downhill segments and EV in the frequent traffic. Everyone had headroom, everyone had legroom, the stuff fit, the A/C worked great, I didn't need to stop for gas even without a charge, and I wasn't stiff or sore when I emerged from the drive either way.

Have you considered an aftermarket backup camera? You can get one for $50ish on Amazon. 

• miboje likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

Black interior is good, the tan option can get dirty over time.  Good luck with your shopping spree!

-=>Raja.

#23 OFFLINE   DanM

DanM

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:40 AM

The test dive went better than expected. I called the dealer before coming over to have the car ready. My wife and I were impressed by the roominess, visibility, and quality of the interior. The storage space is compromised in the back, but will be fine for the average grocery run. The drive showed the car was sufficiently powerful enough for daily driving. We felt that it was effective, efficient, and good handling. However, it did not "tweak the nethers" at all. It also lacked a lot of modern safety features like BLIS, forward collision avoidance, lane keep, cross path, etc.

On the other side, the Chrysler 200 was comfortable up front, handled amazingly well, is very powerful. It ranks high on the "tweak the nethers" scale. The safety features listed above are included in the car we drove. It also has a ton of other features, like vented cooled seats, heated steering wheel, amongst others. The downside is the efficiency with 25ish MPG and poor rear headroom. Storage area is about equal, if not more.

Which car to buy given that they are about the same price? That is what we need to debate this weekend.

#24 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Locationcentral
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

If the safety features are a deal breaker, you might look at the Fusion Hybrid or Energy.  They can be equipped with all of them.

• miboje likes this

#25 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:51 PM

Fusion Energi is ruled out because they need a trunk.

#26 OFFLINE   DanM

DanM

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

There better half did not like the Fusion. The trunk was too compromised.

Does the front passenger seat fold down if i want to carry something long? Has anyone tried using Applink with Amazon Streaming Music?

#27 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 302 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

The test dive went better than expected. I called the dealer before coming over to have the car ready. My wife and I were impressed by the roominess, visibility, and quality of the interior. The storage space is compromised in the back, but will be fine for the average grocery run. The drive showed the car was sufficiently powerful enough for daily driving. We felt that it was effective, efficient, and good handling. However, it did not "tweak the nethers" at all. It also lacked a lot of modern safety features like BLIS, forward collision avoidance, lane keep, cross path, etc.

On the other side, the Chrysler 200 was comfortable up front, handled amazingly well, is very powerful. It ranks high on the "tweak the nethers" scale. The safety features listed above are included in the car we drove. It also has a ton of other features, like vented cooled seats, heated steering wheel, amongst others. The downside is the efficiency with 25ish MPG and poor rear headroom. Storage area is about equal, if not more.

Which car to buy given that they are about the same price? That is what we need to debate this weekend.

Tweak the nethers? What does that mean? Never heard that before.

#28 OFFLINE   DanM

DanM

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

Tweak the nethers? What does that mean? Never heard that before.

Puts a thrill up your leg....

A rise in your pants....

#29 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

Is that some sort of British term "nethers"?

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 23 July 2016 - 08:06 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Locationcentral
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

Do you require a spare tire?

#31 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback. We have two kids, so the storage area behind the rear seats is important. It is hilly around here  and we do get a decent amount of snow. As long as I can get 15ish miles per charge, I should be fine. That allow me to take my kids to school and do the majority of my grocery shopping. There is a charger outside of Trader Joes.  I would have to see how that works. 

The Chrysler 200 may not be the most efficient, but it is a blast to drive with the V6 and AWD. You have false concerns about the rotary shifter. You cannot shift with your foot off the brake or when the car is in motion. Secondly, the volume controls are behind the wheel on the right side...

You know, I love the Energi, but if you really need the space behind the rear seats, you should check out the Hybrid C-Max. The HVB pack on the plug in takes up a lot of room. Won't hurt to look, and with careful driving you can manage 45 in town with the hybrid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·