I will add to the welcome, and throw in my own two cents.
1. We have zero regrets. My wife absolutely loves this car. To her, the fact that it's a plug-in hybrid is just a bonus. It drives well, fits the family comfortably, and has some really nice features.
2. We are getting roughly 15 miles in winter and 25 in summer. Upstate NY winters tend to be colder than in CT, so I suspect you'll get the same or better if you drove the car the same as we do.
3. Charging at home is like paying roughly $1.50/gallon for gas. But we also have the convenience of home fueling - never had that with a gas car. And we have the joy of electric driving, with the knowledge that we aren't pumping out toxic exhaust fumes in our own neighborhood.
4. A few issues have come up here and there but to my knowledge, they have all been resolved. We had the charging module fail, but Ford replaced it under warranty. The dealer was a hassle, they knew very little about the car. But Ford service stepped in and got the problem resolved.
5. Compared to a Dart, I suspect you will find the CMax Energi has more room. It looks bad at first, but I keep discovering new places to stash stuff. If it is just you and your wife (i.e. you don't need the back seat), you can fold the back seats down and you have tons of room. I have two kids, so I can't do that. But I still find room for our stuff. When we first test drove the car, we had concerns too. So I packed our previous car to the gills with suitcases, a cooler, anything I could find. At the dealership, I unpacked my car and put all the stuff in the CMax. I convinced myself that it has enough space for me. The dealer thought I was a little crazy, and maybe about to steal the car...
Edited by bschwerdt, 18 July 2016 - 04:10 AM.