Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Foggy windows!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mikekoz

Mikekoz

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax Energi

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

We have a 2013 Energi. We also used to have a 2013 Cmax Hybrid, but recently traded it in for an Edge. This is no real big deal, but it is a bit odd. On our Cmax Energi, the windows fog up when the car is first started and driven in the morning. All cars I have ever driven do this, and it is pretty normal. Just open the windows and/or turn on the defrost. This does not work very well on the Cmax. I drive a 28 mile trek to work every morning. The windows stay fogged almost the entire way. The defrost works, but then the windows fog up quickly when I turn it off. Opening up the windows does nothing. The Cmax Hybrid we owned did the same thing. Our new Edge does not. Every other car I have ever owned does not do this. The other vehicles we have owned would do this briefly, but after driving a few miles we would have clear windows. Has anybody else noticed this?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   David Moore

David Moore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCape coral, Florida
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi and Toyota camry 2002

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:02 AM

You could try RainX anti fog.  I used to use it on a car years ago that had that problem and it was very good.  My wife recently complained about the same problem with her car.  I gave the windows a good cleaning and turned down the defrost.  The AC was too cold for the glass and the difference between the outside temp and inside on the glass was causing it to fog up again.

#3 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 305 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:57 AM

The trouble is that what you want is to run the heat and the A/C at the same time, because you want warm dry air blowing on the glass.  Any idea how to convince our climate system to do that?

#4 OFFLINE   Mikekoz

Mikekoz

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax Energi

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

You could try RainX anti fog.  I used to use it on a car years ago that had that problem and it was very good.  My wife recently complained about the same problem with her car.  I gave the windows a good cleaning and turned down the defrost.  The AC was too cold for the glass and the difference between the outside temp and inside on the glass was causing it to fog up again.

That sounds like a good idea! I may pick up some this weekend. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·