Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Start using Key Fob

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ford's blurb video on the subject:

https://www.youtube....h?v=WJ1j9UJroHE

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if you needed to push the start button or not when you did a remote start and this answered the question for me. Open the doors, press the brake pedal and push the start button and you're ready to go :)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

It was a very cold spring here in Minnesota and I discovered that I can barely make it to work and back on a single charge when temps are in the 20's F or below. Now that it's summer, I can make the drive with 3-5 miles of charge remaining. I want to remote start my car in winter, but not deplete the HVB, so I want the ICE to start to pre heat the interior, then I'll drive home from work in EV. I haven't tried this yet, but my thought is, if I turn on the heater with the defroster, it should force the ICE to start... correct?

#23 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Brave the cold my friend.  Keep your jacket on, keep your gloves on, and drive with no heat.  Not only that, you need to crack the front 2 windows 1/2 inch to prevent fog.

The good news, you'll probably get home on EV.

The bad news, its a cold ride but you know what, its just like being outside I got used to it and its not a huge deal.  FYI my coldest ride in the cmax in the winter was at 9F and even my wife survived it.  After that, any warmer temp felt like a cake walk.

You may use the heated seats with no issue.

Of course on longer trips where the engine has to start, you can use heat but remember to wait until engine coolant temp is 1/2 way up to the operating temp range, otherwise you'll burn hvb assisting the engine to warm up the coolant.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 28 June 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

Brave the cold my friend.  Keep your jacket on, keep your gloves on, and drive with no heat.  Not only that, you need to crack the front 2 windows 1/2 inch to prevent fog.

The good news, you'll probably get home on EV.

The bad news, its a cold ride but you know what, its just like being outside I got used to it and its not a huge deal.  FYI my coldest ride in the cmax in the winter was at 9F and even my wife survived it.  After that, any warmer temp felt like a cake walk.

Sorry, I won't drive around at single digit and very often sub zero temps, I would rather be comfortable and keep the windshield and side windows clear of frost than not have to burn a tenth of a gallon of gasoline. I guess I'll just have to wait until it's colder to answer my own question, hopefully that won't be too soon.

• Chuck734 likes this

#25 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 157 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationBakersfield, California
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

I really like, and regularly use, the remote start feature on  my FOB.  I set the default to 15 minutes and often do it twice to get a total of 30 minutes.  I also have the feature in my Smart Phone app but it will only allow one 15 minute start.  Too bad they don't give more flexibility, it would be nice to set it long enough to have a leisurely lunch or to shop.  I find it a bit strange that the exterior running  lights stay on during this start.  Seems like an energy waster as well as an attraction to a would-be car thief who might notice it and think he can break in and drive it off.  I realize he cant but by the time he realizes it he's done a lot of damage. 

#26 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Seems to me running the AC for the duration of a leisurely lunch would also be an energy waster, when 15 minutes should be time enough to make the car's cabin comfortable.  Here in FL I find about 5 minutes is enough to make it not so hot in the summer.  I've never remote started and used the heater.  I use the 15 minute option to allow plenty of time to return to my car.

I do agree that cutting the exterior lights on while remote started is something I wish it didn't do.

#27 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:46 PM

Here's a tip if you have an issue with the car being out of range. My car is in a garage with steel siding and roof but there is a window. I'm able to get the radio signal through the side of the house and through that window to the car. It hasn't always been reliable though, even after I replaced the keyfob battery after about 2.3 years.

Looking inside the keyfob:

keyfob2.jpg

You can see the antenna trace running around the wide end of the keyfob. This is where I was holding the keyfob (near the keyring) until the last two weeks. I switched to holding it by the narrow end (which seems kind of weird) and it's worked every time since the change. I also started holding it with the wide end up, rather than horizontally, not sure what, if any, effect that might have. Seems logical that having the antenna outside your hand has to be better regardless of whether you are holding it horizontally or vertically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·