Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Nice score today

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,151 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

Can't remember for sure, but this might be my best drive to Porter Square this evening.  I had it as high as 222 MPGe, but 1.5 miles before the destination I hit every red light (about 5) and lost MPGes sitting waiting at red lights.

On the way back, its always worse as its dark and the headlights eat battery for over an hour.  I ended up losing 40MPGe compared to the day trip, but the GPS took me a slightly different route in the beginning (about the first 5 miles for shortest route vs eco route).

MFM log also included, see below.  Note that you see a stop in the trip on the way over to Porter square, I had to pickup some parts at the electronics store which was right on the way in Needham.

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 16 June 2016 - 08:56 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   eppyphotog

eppyphotog

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max 303A

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:55 AM

Raja
Nice job! With a driving score of 99 I am guessing your speed was never over 40mph? Your regen miles are really impressive also!!

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,151 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:32 AM

Yes, most of it is in cruise control around 38mph, I stop the car from going over 40 by turning off CC at the crest of a hill and using L to slow the car down some briefly if hill assist is not holding as tight depending on the grade.  Also on the uphills I turn off CC and limit power to 1.5 to 2 bars tops and let the car lose speed, no more 2.3 bars with CC, allowing the car to lose some speed makes me go further than being determined to climb the hill at 38 minus whatever eco cruise lets it drop.  I'm ok with letting it slow down into the low 30's the battery % drops less after the hill.  Then I use the downhill on the other side to get back to 38 at 1 bar power.

At night speed is of the essence is some way, as the headlights are burning battery and you want to get there, so I try to go 38 as often as possible.  Going over that speed drops the cruise coach bar, and you end up with a driving score of less than 99.  Also brake score needs to be 100 or 99% at a minimum (only one little stopping mistake allowed), any bigger mistake than that will drop your driving score, i.e. a 98 brake score will lead to a 98 driving score.

Hope that helps you become a better driver!  Depending on how you do it, you can go 18 miles on the battery or 34 miles.  I remember telling my wife yesterday evening we've gone 18 miles and I still have 1/2 battery left.   :thumbsup:  I enjoy the reward of making it, last night was a challenge at night, I had to soak up every electron of regen I could, and as you can see I got into the hybrid battery just 1/2 mile from my house climbing the last hill home.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·