Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Energi Cell Phone Passport Replacement - 1 Month Wait and Counting with PremiumCARE ESP & Rental Denial...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston TX
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL 303 A with Panoramic Roof

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Just posting an update. New TCU finally arrived and was installed yesterday by dealer, more than 45 days (again) after I originally took it to the dealer. Works quite smooth without issues, but I am outraged that my car has been in limbo for repairs over 90 days over the past 6 months! I've had enough of Ford and starting the lemon law process, since I meet every requirement for my purchase state.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:24 AM

Well where you purchase is where the lemon law applies:

The place of purchase determines which state's law the consumer must look to for protection. After determining the applicable state law, the consumer must look to the general warranty coverage terms since each state's general warranty coverage differs significantly. Finally, a state's definition of impairment may create barriers for consumer protection

But I also found out the 45 days is business days not calendar, at least in Colorado.

#23 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

Well where you purchase is where the lemon law applies:

The place of purchase determines which state's law the consumer must look to for protection. After determining the applicable state law, the consumer must look to the general warranty coverage terms since each state's general warranty coverage differs significantly. Finally, a state's definition of impairment may create barriers for consumer protection

But I also found out the 45 days is business days not calendar, at least in Colorado.

Yeah, my situation is complicated because I purchased in NY but now am in Texas. I actually sent a certified letter indicating they had 20 days to repair per the NY lemon law statute, and they still failed to do anything within that period this time around - so it's more that vs the 45 days. It'll be interesting to see how the NY protection applies now being in Texas despite having first reported the defect in NY within the required period...BBB already trying to use Texas laws which are weak. This is going to get pretty fun for sure, but at least I'll make my voice heard that multiple 45-day repair timelines are not reasonable when I've been pulling fuses for multiple years.

#24 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Just wanted to post an update. Had my BBB Arbitration last week and thoroughly proved that Ford had me waiting 90 days for parts (across two 45+ day repair attempts) when the service orders specifically said I had to pull fuses to use the GO Times. My entire case was based on Ford taking more than 20 days after receipt of my certified letter to commence subsequent repairs in violation of the NY Lemon Law for a problem first reported within 2 years/18000 miles. Ford tried to change my service record dates around in their testimony, make believe it had to do with cellular reception, and repeatedly stated the case shouldn't be even heard since 3 years had passed since purchase for the bumper-to-bumper, but I successfully proved the NY Lemon Law allows 4 years for claims to be heard. The BBB arbitrator ruled I didn't qualify based on days out of service and number of visits, despite the clause for the required timeline for repair on which my case was based having no such requirements.

Pretty disappointed after all I've been through waiting 90 days for parts, repeatedly denied a guaranteed rental car by Ford directly when I needed it most, and the general way I've been treated for such a large investment especially given the change in sticker after purchase at MSRP. Debating next steps to go to NY State Arbitration on my own or hesitantly get legal counsel for the first time ever to see this through all the way. I can't understand how waiting 90 days for parts in a year is complaint with Ford's warranty obligations when they documented the issue was verified!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·