Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Energi Cell Phone Passport Replacement - 1 Month Wait and Counting with PremiumCARE ESP & Rental Denial...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston TX
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL 303 A with Panoramic Roof

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:20 PM

I bought my 2013 C-Max Energi in May 2013. After approximately a year into the purchase, my pre-cooling/pre-heating/GoTimes and telematics connections started failing regularly, with a random interval of between 1 and 6 months. After resetting MFT entirely didn't fix it, I read on the forum that pulling Fuse 67 for the Cell Phone Passport was the only way to get the functionality back. Because I rely on the pre-cooling daily to make it within my range, this functionality is critical to my making most use of the vehicle.

While I've mentioned the problem and pulling fuses in the 100 degree+ heat in Houston to the dealer, the dealer told me they wouldn't be able to do anything if I fixed the problem before coming into the dealership for my recalls. This proved tricky since I can't afford to miss work when my boss is in town, the dealership won't do MFT/telematics stuff on weekends, and I need the features to use my car properly. I decided to purchase a Ford PremiumCARE ESP before my bumper-to-bumper expired so that the next time any problem happened and my boss was still in town, I could manage to get a rental while under repair if necessary.

The problem happened again the day before my bumper-to-bumper ended, and I took it into the dealership a few days later when my boss was out for the week. The dealership stated they would take a few hours to diagnose it, so I waited around working remotely. Unfortunately, my boss called me meanwhile and stated he wanted me in the office in just over an hour for an important call he just remembered (my calendar was completely clear for the day) - so I promptly asked the dealership for a loaner per my ESP. I was flat out denied. I was told that despite purchasing first-day rental, the dealership had been burned in the past when Ford determined later a problem wasn't covered by the ESP but by a separate warranty - such as emissions. I had to wait until Ford approved the repair before a chance of getting any rental, which could take the full day. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of first-day-rental?!! I hopped in their complementary shuttle, didn't end up making it, and ended up doing the important call from my cell phone. Needless to say, I wasn't happy.

The dealership ended up agreeing the telematics control unit (TCU) had to be replaced due to the early build date, but that the part wasn't in stock and wouldn't be in for a week or so from Ford. They pulled the fuse meanwhile so I could keep using the vehicle. It's been over a month since that part order, with the dealership stating Ford hasn't sent it yet. How can that be? Why wouldn't the part be overnighted? How is that reasonable when the car is still in production?

I bought this vehicle early on at full MSRP, bought the best extended service plan, and feel like I keep getting burned. This is on top of the MPG fiasco which destroyed my payback period. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I've spent over 40k to get a different car than what I agreed to vs competitors (in terms of sticker MPG and sticker range), and now a simple module warranty repair/replacement is taking over a month, and rental benefits I've paid extra for are being flat-out denied. Are my expectations too high to receive the services I've paid for?

Edited by RobotsRock, 07 June 2016 - 02:03 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:05 AM

Sounds like you've got some similar wishy-washy feelings I do with this car.  This is my first Ford/"American company" car.(My Toyota Sienna was more made in America than the C-max last I knew)

My thoughts:

-Just about any time I've had to deal with a dealer, it's been a pain.  After "interviewing" almost a dozen Toyota dealerships in about a 75 mile range, I finally found one that has left me with positive feelings.  That said, I only really had to use it once for a recall on the Prius.

-I've only tried the nearest EV certified Ford dealer and they seem just as bad as the others. They don't seem to use their online systems, log any information, tell me I'm wrong that there is no problem with my gps showing a quarter mile off the road and that if I wanted to continue to troubleshoot, the first thing I'd need to do would be to buy a $185 map upgrade that has nothing to do with the problem.

-Ford seems to have more Gizmos than Toyota.

-Ford seems to have more problems than Toyota.(which might mean you need to go to the dealer more often.)

-Gas-wise MPG figures are always subjective. That said, it seems like in my experience Ford was considerably more optimistic than I ever see with normal driving, whereas the Prius could easily do what it said.

-EV wise any distance figures are kinda just random stuff of what it's possible you might see.  They are HUGELY variable. Drive without the climate control on at 30mph on flat paved roads? You might clear 30 miles.  Drive on hills with the heat on at 55mph? You'll be lucky to hit 10 miles.  

Let alone that where battery degradation on a plain hybrid isn't generally a problem or at all noticeable, it's going to be noticeable very quickly if you have a 20 mile range normally and you drive 19 miles on EV every day.

#3 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:08 AM

I bought my 2013 C-Max Energi in May 2013. After approximately a year into the purchase, my pre-cooling/pre-heating/GoTimes and telematics connections started failing regularly, with a random interval of between 1 and 6 months. After resetting MFT entirely didn't fix it, I read on the forum that pulling Fuse 67 for the Cell Phone Passport was the only way to get the functionality back. Because I rely on the pre-cooling daily to make it within my range, this functionality is critical to my making most use of the vehicle.

While I've mentioned the problem and pulling fuses in the 100 degree+ heat in Houston to the dealer, the dealer told me they wouldn't be able to do anything if I fixed the problem before coming into the dealership for my recalls. This proved tricky since I can't afford to miss work when my boss is in town, the dealership won't do MFT/telematics stuff on weekends, and I need the features to use my car properly. I decided to purchase a Ford PremiumCARE ESP before my bumper-to-bumper expired so that the next time any problem happened and my boss was still in town, I could manage to get a rental while under repair if necessary.

The problem happened again the day before my bumper-to-bumper ended, and I took it into the dealership a few days later when my boss was out for the week. The dealership stated they would take a few hours to diagnose it, so I waited around working remotely. Unfortunately, my boss called me meanwhile and stated he wanted me in the office in just over an hour for an important call he just remembered (my calendar was completely clear for the day) - so I promptly asked the dealership for a loaner per my ESP. I was flat out denied. I was told that despite purchasing first-day rental, the dealership had been burned in the past when Ford determined later a problem wasn't covered by the ESP but by a separate warranty - such as emissions. I had to wait until Ford approved the repair before a chance of getting any rental, which could take the full day. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of first-day-rental?!! I hopped in their complementary shuttle, didn't end up making it, and ended up doing the important call from my cell phone. Needless to say, I wasn't happy.

The dealership ended up agreeing the cell phone passport had to be replaced due to the early build date, but that the part wasn't in stock and wouldn't be in for a week or so from Ford. They pulled the fuse meanwhile so I could keep using the vehicle. It's been over a month since that part order, with the dealership stating Ford hasn't sent it yet. How can that be? Why wouldn't the part be overnighted? How is that reasonable when the car is still in production?

I bought this vehicle early on at full MSRP, bought the best extended service plan, and feel like I keep getting burned. This is on top of the MPG fiasco which destroyed my payback period. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I've spent over 40k to get a different car than what I agreed to vs competitors (in terms of sticker MPG and sticker range), and now a simple module warranty repair/replacement is taking over a month, and rental benefits I've paid extra for are being flat-out denied. Are my expectations too high to receive the services I've paid for?

Time to find a different dealer. I had the PremiumCare ESP on my Ford Escape Hybrid. Every time I brought it in, they asked me if I wanted to wait or to have a rental. I would complain to the Ford corporate about the dealer.

#4 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Here's what the PremiumCare ESP plan says about the First Day Rental option:

"6D. FIRST DAY RENTAL - If Your Vehicle is a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Vehicle, You received First Day Rental with Your NEW OR USED CORE COVERAGES, POWERTRAIN WRAP (NON-CPO) COVERAGES AND CPO UPGRADE COVERAGE. We will reimburse You for vehicle rental charges You actually incur up to $30 per day (including tax) for Ford, Mercury and Competitive Make Vehicles and $45 per day (including tax) for Lincoln vehicles for up to 10 days or until the repair is complete, whichever occurs first. Rental Car Reimbursement starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service."

Seems pretty clear to me.

I just had the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) cell phone modem replaced in my 2013 in late April, it was one of the early models that would get stuck and drain the 12V battery. For that trip they also needed to do the restraints control module replacement recall so I don't how long it took to get each module. I know it was less than 2 weeks before they called me back and said they had the parts after I first contacted them. They were the second dealer I contacted (and weren't EV certified but none of the recalls or repairs had anything to do with the high voltage systems). The selling dealer showed no interest in doing the recalls.

#5 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

Here's what the PremiumCare ESP plan says about the First Day Rental option:

"6D. FIRST DAY RENTAL - If Your Vehicle is a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Vehicle, You received First Day Rental with Your NEW OR USED CORE COVERAGES, POWERTRAIN WRAP (NON-CPO) COVERAGES AND CPO UPGRADE COVERAGE. We will reimburse You for vehicle rental charges You actually incur up to $30 per day (including tax) for Ford, Mercury and Competitive Make Vehicles and $45 per day (including tax) for Lincoln vehicles for up to 10 days or until the repair is complete, whichever occurs first. Rental Car Reimbursement starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service."

Seems pretty clear to me.

I just had the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) cell phone modem replaced in my 2013 in late April, it was one of the early models that would get stuck and drain the 12V battery. For that trip they also needed to do the restraints control module replacement recall so I don't how long it took to get each module. I know it was less than 2 weeks before they called me back and said they had the parts after I first contacted them. They were the second dealer I contacted (and weren't EV certified but none of the recalls or repairs had anything to do with the high voltage systems). The selling dealer showed no interest in doing the recalls.

Updated my post to reflect the TCU being the component replaced - it's what I asked for upfront to the dealership (the tech was new to the module). It slipped my mind when writing up the summary of the situation given a full month passing - so thanks.

Regarding the first day rental, the dealership argued Ford has to agree that the defect is covered under the ESP specifically before they'll authorize a rental, which seems to be vague enough but contrary in nature to the terms. They provided an example where someone had an emissions problem with the Ford ESP, they gave the rental immediately, and then Ford decided not to reimburse the dealership for the rental since the emissions warranty applied and not ESP. Seems like I'll never be able to get a first day rental with that methodology. I actually hate rentals as I don't like adjusting to different vehicles if I don't have to, but I had the option specifically because of my work requirements - and Ford failed that guarantee when that weird work situation popped up.

#6 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

It sounds like you can rent the car yourself?

"We will reimburse You for vehicle rental charges You actually incur up to $30 per day "

Reach out to the nice customer service people here on the web site.

#7 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

I would go to a different dealer. I've never had an issue with getting a rental with an esp. They see I have it in computer and that's it. I get a loner without questions the few times I've ever had to use it.

#8 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

While I've mentioned the problem and pulling fuses in the 100 degree+ heat in Houston to the dealer, the dealer told me they wouldn't be able to do anything if I fixed the problem before coming into the dealership for my recalls. 

Mine was a bit different because I had disconnected it over a year earlier because I got tired of it draining the 12V battery. In my communications I provided the reference to TSB 14-0155 but he first asked if I could re-connect it so they could diagnose it. I pointed out that the TSB said nothing about diagnoses, if the car was built before a certain date (which mine was), just replace it. Once I pointed that out he agreed to just go ahead and order a replacement without seeing my car. Being 2.5 hours away from the dealer complicates things of course.

There were no arguments about a rental car because the RCM recall specified up to 2 days of car rental. The only complications were the PCM re-programming recall also results in updated 5 or 6 other computers so they ran way over the estimated time. They also tried to con me into buying new tires even though they only had about 14000 miles on them.

#9 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 397 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

I feel bad for you.  We too went through a lot of trouble to get a similar issue repaired by Ford.  I gave up having them fix it for a while, and even posted here questions on how I might fix the issue on my own.  I think we ended up going to 4 different dealerships, and with repeat visits to a couple, before the last dealership gave my wife a loaner and kept the car for about a week or two if I recall correctly, while they diagnosed and finally replaced the TCU or something similar.  The selling dealer originally told us that this was a third party software and the issue was not covered...........

I can see where there may be an issue with an emissions related part, as that warranty tends to be longer than bumper to bumper, but this is obviously under bumper to bumper.  (Hopefully it was unintentional to pull a fast one on you so to speak!)

#10 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

So I called the dealer yesterday and asked for the service rep - never got a call back. Called again today and got connected, and was told that some part came in yesterday, but the tech said it was wrong. They said getting a Ford rep involved "wasn't necessary" so I gave them 48 hours. I mentioned this is a $40k+ investment, and waiting over a month for a part under warranty seems ridiculous. Let's see what happens...

#11 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

Update: The dealer called back and stated that they confirmed the part that arrived was incorrect. They have no ETA on when the correct part will arrive. I'm getting Ford corporate involved at this point.

#12 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

Update: So after I submitted my case to Ford corporate and got a regional rep assigned, the part magically arrived on Friday (6/17). The TCU was replaced without issue today morning (6/20), past the 45 day mark. Seems to update much faster (probably since 3g now vs 2g before given the early build), but I somehow am skeptical my fuse-pulling days are done with. I won't know for sure until a few more months elapse.

I was finally able to get in touch with the case manager today afternoon after playing phone tag on Thursday/Friday. Pretty dissatisfied with how the conversation went - no apologies for passing the 30 day mark, having to take the vehicle in the 5th time today for the issue, or even the rental denial. I was told that it was well within the dealership's rights to deny a rental until they're sure the defect is warrantied or even exists, which may be a few hours.

I read through the warranty guide (http://www.ford.com/...ridWarranty.pdf), and it specifically states on Page 24 regarding Ford's obligations: "The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days." Clearly, this has been exceeded, but not sure what I can claim given my dissatisfaction over how this was handled or the case manager's attitude. Pretty much feel cornered at this point.

#13 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

Seems to update much faster (probably since 3g now vs 2g before given the early build), 

How do you know it's 3G? The only way to know is to check the serial number:

1) On the touchscreen hit the gear icon

2) Select Help

3) Select System Information

4) Scroll down to CPPM ESN. That's the TCU serial number.

If it starts with NE00 it's still 2G.

#14 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

How do you know it's 3G? The only way to know is to check the serial number:

1) On the touchscreen hit the gear icon

2) Select Help

3) Select System Information

4) Scroll down to CPPM ESN. That's the TCU serial number.

If it starts with NE00 it's still 2G.

Well didn't think I could be any more upset over how this was handled, but here I am. You're right in that it still starts with NE00 - a false sense of hope thinking I got 3G given the module replacement. I restarted MFT and it didn't change, just in case it was a stale value from before.

#15 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,725 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

FWIW, mine is an NE00 also but its stock original and so far it works well in MA but I've been to places across the country where coverage is low and its not working as well as expected.  I know that its from coverage so I don't bother pulling fuses or disconnecting the 12v battery when its not working.  May be alot of the issues people are having is low coverage.  I hope that soon they will be replacing ours with 3G versions.  I asked at the dealer last time I was there last week and the service guy who worked on my car had not heard about any replacements for this.

-=>Raja.

#16 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

FWIW, mine is an NE00 also but its stock original and so far it works well in MA but I've been to places across the country where coverage is low and its not working as well as expected.  I know that its from coverage so I don't bother pulling fuses or disconnecting the 12v battery when its not working.  May be alot of the issues people are having is low coverage.  I hope that soon they will be replacing ours with 3G versions.  I asked at the dealer last time I was there last week and the service guy who worked on my car had not heard about any replacements for this.

-=>Raja.

My issue wasn't related to coverage at all. When the module failed, it reset the date on the charge screen to 01-01-2010 and disabled the ability to enter GoTimes entirely. It also stopped updating with the cloud - all remote functionality failed. I once let it go over two weeks to see if it would self-resolve - the only fix was to pull that fuse. That restored functionality instantly. Given the other comments, I'm thankful I didn't damage the 12V waiting that long - maybe my daily charging helped.

The cost to Ford that was billed for the component replacement was $720 if I remember right. I doubt that Ford is going to replace our TCUs with a 3G version if they don't have to. I can't even get an apology out of Ford for waiting over 30 days for a repair or how I was treated for the rental, so I've lost faith in Ford at this point.

#17 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

Just wanted to provide an update on this fiasco, mainly for the education of those that are considering purchasing a Ford vehicle or the ESP. I hope this serves as a warning to those that do their research regarding Ford and its practices. I'm really lost as to next steps for myself.

I wrote to Ford given that my freezing issue has persisted and regarding what had transpired, regarding both the 45+ day repair and first-day rental denial. To my surprise, Ford has upheld their actions in entirety, and stated that they will not even grant the rental at drop-off for the subsequent repairs required. They've also changed the terms of the first-day rental benefit and refuse to acknowledge the terms of the ESP that actually appear in my contract. Pasted below are some of their e-mails:

"The first day of rental on all ESPs is only if the dealer has diagnosed the vehicle and if the repair is warrantable.  The ESP specifically advertises that the benefit “Provides a rental vehicle up to $30/day ($45 for Lincoln vehicles) on the first day the vehicle is dropped off for any Ford Protect repair”  Ford Protect Repair means that the repair must be warrantable under the ESP plan. Therefore, the technician has to diagnose a vehicle to determine if the repair is warrantable."

I countered that the terms I agreed to did not have "Ford Protect repair" anywhere but rather that Section 6D advertises the terms that the first-day rental benefit "starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service." They continued to affirm that diagnosis is not covered in the 'service', even though the defect is covered by NY state law having been reported in the bumper-to-bumper period regardless of the ESP. Based on Ford's statements, if a dealership takes the full day or multiple days to diagnose a defect down to the part level of something that is clearly covered, you still will not be provided a rental benefit of any kind. I'm sure they have enough lawyers to define 'service' as perhaps what happens when they hand back the keys to you after a repair. So much for having basic guarantees honored after a record 45+ day repair. I would think a basic accommodation would be possible given what I have experienced and not providing a rental during the 45+ day repair already experienced, but clearly no.

To gain some leverage for honoring the terms of my contract and future repairs, I tried to point out that the consumer protections from my state of purchase (NY) guarantee that repairs are worked on within 20 days, to which Ford replied they only consider protections from the current state of registration and don't care where I purchased the vehicle! What?

During one exchange when I pointed out I travel extensively for work (I'll cross 100,000 air miles by the end of the year) and need to have a car for last-minute trips to the airport during the repair, and can't in good faith ask my company to pay for that because of Ford's repeated failures and my purchase of the ESP, they replied personally: "You said you cannot ask your company in good faith to spend over $200 for round trip airport transportation but are willing to ask Ford to do just that to pay over $200 for a rental vehicle to just sit at an airport.  There is no difference.  Ford will not pay for a rental vehicle to sit at an airport."

At this point, I'm not sure whether to hire a lawyer or go to arbitration given Ford's inability to honor a basic level of customer service. Their responses make me feel as if I'm the criminal here. I'm unsure what I've spent over $40,000 on if I received a vehicle with a different sticker than I agreed to, repairs take over 30 days with the best service plan available, and I can't get the rental benefits I'm guaranteed. I dearly hope I am not asking for too much in this post.

#18 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

I posted this in the General Discussion for the Modem Upgrade (http://fordcmaxenerg...pgrade/?p=42936), but wanted to post here as well for completeness, as my experience with Ford's lack of basic customer service has continued for the same problem:

I received a recall notice for the passport/modem upgrade from Ford for the same component that has been causing my freezing issues. I called the dealership last Tuesday to request the service and they promised to order the part and call me back. Yesterday I called and they said they had it, and scheduled me for today. After waiting with my car over 3 hours, I was informed they agreed the component was defective and that they *now* would order the part. I was furious and got into a small spat with the service manager when they claimed only certain 2013 Energi's had to have the part replaced and that's why they hadn't ordered the part until they looked at my vehicle again - I pointed out that was a lie since 2013's never were installed with a 3g modem during their production, and because I had received the letter for the recall directly from Ford. I've already had over 45 days of repairs for this same component, and really can't believe how Ford is handling this. I can barely take off work given my responsibilities, and it might be January before I can bring it in again after I invested half a day to get basically nothing accomplished. Very frustrating. I think this might push me over the edge to take some sort of legal action given what I have been through.

Edited by RobotsRock, 01 December 2016 - 10:00 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Replaced Ford Edge

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:14 AM

I don't envy you and the trouble you are having with the dealer.  Have you gone back to the same dealer, or have you tried a different one as was suggested in one of the previous posts?

Every Ford ESP plan I have purchased (last one in 2014) has had the option for 1st day rental coverage OR next day coverage if the car has to be left  overnight for a covered warranty repair.  Sounds like you did select the 1st day rental coverage, but make sure it is actually marked at the top of your Ford ESP contract.  It is an extra charge and option when you first purchased the contract.

Check your paperwork also to see if you had selected the Enhanced Rental Option which allows for $75.00 per day according to this post on a different forum.

6E. ENHANCED RENTAL OPTION:  This option is available on all  NEW AND USED CORE COVERAGE, (except Police Plan coverage), RENTALCARE COVERAGES AND SUPER DUTY COVERAGE.
If You purchased the Enhanced Rental Option with any of the Coverages referenced above, We will reimburse You for vehicle rental charges You actually incur up to $75 per day for up to 10 days for all plans except RentalCARE and for up to 3 days on RentalCare or until the repair is complete, whichever occurs first. Enhanced Rental Option starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service.

Good luck and I hope you find a better dealership to work with you. Too bad you are in the Houston area.  I had found several very good Ford dealerships in the Dallas/Ft Worth area when I lived in that area until 2014.

#20 OFFLINE   RobotsRock

RobotsRock

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

I don't envy you and the trouble you are having with the dealer.  Have you gone back to the same dealer, or have you tried a different one as was suggested in one of the previous posts?

Every Ford ESP plan I have purchased (last one in 2014) has had the option for 1st day rental coverage OR next day coverage if the car has to be left  overnight for a covered warranty repair.  Sounds like you did select the 1st day rental coverage, but make sure it is actually marked at the top of your Ford ESP contract.  It is an extra charge and option when you first purchased the contract.

Check your paperwork also to see if you had selected the Enhanced Rental Option which allows for $75.00 per day according to this post on a different forum.

6E. ENHANCED RENTAL OPTION:  This option is available on all  NEW AND USED CORE COVERAGE, (except Police Plan coverage), RENTALCARE COVERAGES AND SUPER DUTY COVERAGE.
If You purchased the Enhanced Rental Option with any of the Coverages referenced above, We will reimburse You for vehicle rental charges You actually incur up to $75 per day for up to 10 days for all plans except RentalCARE and for up to 3 days on RentalCare or until the repair is complete, whichever occurs first. Enhanced Rental Option starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service.

Good luck and I hope you find a better dealership to work with you. Too bad you are in the Houston area.  I had found several very good Ford dealerships in the Dallas/Ft Worth area when I lived in that area until 2014.

I went back to the same dealer since I've been in touch with Ford Corporate about my vehicle and the ongoing trouble. The dealer and Ford Corporate is both aware that I have purchased First-Day rental, and that has never been disputed. As I stated, Section 6D advertises the terms that the first-day rental benefit "starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service." Ford, on the other hand, has refused to offer a vehicle during the diagnosis period, even if multiple days, while the defect is diagnosed again, arguing that their version of the terms state that the benefit "Provides a rental vehicle up to $30/day ($45 for Lincoln vehicles) on the first day the vehicle is dropped off for any Ford Protect repair", with a repair only occurring after prolonged diagnosis. I do not have the Enhanced Rental Option, pretty much any vehicle will do. Even after the last 45-day repair, Ford corporate denies the basic courtesy of providing a vehicle at drop-off for subsequent repairs, which blows my mind given how much this vehicle cost.

Thanks for your support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·