Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Flat towing Cmax Energi

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rmblaster

rmblaster

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationAnaheim CA
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Engeri

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

I have a RVI braking system on order and my question is does the cmax have active or vacuum brakes I tried to depete the vacuum in the system but the pedal never got hard no matter how many times I pressed the pedal like it does in my F150 I did talk to Dan the inventor of RVI brake and he said it should be used with the active setting so anybody using a RVI with their Cmax  have any info to share

Edited by rmblaster, 04 June 2016 - 06:30 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   airace

airace

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Locationkalamazoo
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:c-max

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

Yep, I have a Cmaxenergi as a toad and I use the RVI break. I have it in active mode, compact and it works great! Couple of things, there is not much distance between the "seat well" and the RVI back so it is a bit tricky to attach the pedal, make sure you have the rod all the way back and be sure to check the break lights after hookup. Also if you have an aftermarket carpet or floor mat you will need to remove it since it may put the back of the RVI too high and it may slip back under the seat! I have wired my motorhome 12V output thru the connection cable and into a "cigarette lighter plug that I added and also added separate break and turn signal lights thru the connector so after I put the Cmax in neutral and check that the break lights are not on I can turn off the accessory function and not have any draw on the battery during tow. (I did also add the RVI charger system to the charging post under the hood as an added battery charger for the small battery.) We have gone on a couple of long trips with the toad and have had no problems so far (also since this is a hybrid it doesn't lock the steering wheel and does not add mileage during tow!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·