Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Magnetic "Sticker" Failure... Any idea why?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ScottChi

ScottChi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCary, NC USA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hi All,

My 2016 C-Max Energi is just a few weeks new.  I had an oval shaped magnetic sticker from my previous car that said "Bicycle Friendly Vehicle". It had a nice design.  So I cleaned a spot on the rear hatch just above the bumper, and stuck it there.

It seemed to stick well.  Sadly, the next time got back from a drive I noticed it was gone   :(

Is there something about the exterior of the C-Max or its hatch that makes the metal less magnetic?

I don't like the idea of putting glue based stickers on a car.  I'm wondering if losing the magnet was a fluke.

Thanks,

Scott C.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

Well it either sticks or it doesn't stick.  If it stuck on there then I guess it "worked" and maybe someone took it?  Or its not stuck on there well enough to stay?  You can use a glue called "goop" or "E6000".  It will hold just about anything and the good news is that when you're through with it you can peel it off like a rubber band and it it come off like it was never there.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   epic

epic

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationburnet ,texas
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energI

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

I keep 2 magnets on my hatch door.been there 2 plus years .always removed during wash.

#4 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:17 AM

You can use a glue called "goop" or "E6000".  It will hold just about anything and the good news is that when you're through with it you can peel it off like a rubber band and it it come off like it was never there.

-=>Raja.

Which variety?  There are so many options, and they all appear to be permanent.

http://eclecticprodu...ucts/e6000.html

http://eclecticprodu...azing-goop.html

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

On E6000 the first one or the last one on the first page,  different is first one has a smaller tip last one has a bigger one but comes with an adapter to cut the nozzle for application.

On the Goop variety I really haven't found any different between household, automotive or plumbing.  I've used all.  I think maybe slight differences or they just name them for marketing.

In any case all can be removed with no trace, you can grab part of the glue with a needle nose plyers for example and rotate the plyers around and it will pull off like a rubber band.

Very useful stuff.  On my Ranger I have a small staple in the edge of the tire that causes a small leak.  I never removed it as its so close to the edge I felt that a rubber plug might come out.  I just put goop over the puncture hole and its bonded and stopped the leak.

There are many uses for it, good stuff try it.

-=>Raja.

#6 OFFLINE   ScottChi

ScottChi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCary, NC USA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

I keep 2 magnets on my hatch door.been there 2 plus years .always removed during wash.

Thanks for the tickler, epic.  After seeing your message I recalled that after driving the car home through southern VA, the front was covered with bugs and I took it through a brushless wash.  I usually do hand washings but it was coated with them.  Sigh...

#7 OFFLINE   scott2353

scott2353

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationDhaka,bangladesh
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:BMW

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

Oppppppps.........nice idea.............!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·