Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Fob antenna not working well?

fob keyless entry

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Seattle Matt

Seattle Matt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

Symptoms:

1. Sometimes car won't unlock by touching handle.  If I take my keys out of my pocket and hold them it usually works.  Kind of defeats the purpose.

2. Kicking under car doesn't raise trunk anymore.  At first I blamed my tow hitch, but realized #1 was happening.

3. Sometimes won't start - tells me there's no key detected.  Have to hold key at the magical spot next to the steering wheel for it to start - sometimes that even doesn't work right away.

I have changed batteries in my key fob (though it worked fine when pushing buttons).  #3 hasn't happened to me since changing batteries and #1 happens less often.

When I went for my last service I mentioned the problem and was told I'd need to set up a separate appointment to look at the issue (I'm there!  With the car!  Taking time off work!  You can't even look at it?!). Eventually I'll spend the time to do that, but thought I'd ask if anyone here has any insight into the issue.

Edited by Seattle Matt, 17 May 2016 - 01:55 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   David Moore

David Moore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCape coral, Florida
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi and Toyota camry 2002

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

I am finding the same problem with my regular key unlocking the door. I will swap it out for the spare tomorrow. Is that a sign of a failing battery?

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:51 AM

I had a problem with the FOB, getting the message that no key was detected. If I took the FOB out and press lock or unlock it always worked and after that the car would start. I did change the battery and did not see this problem for awhile. It then came back. I then noticed that this problem mostly occurs if there is a FOB in my pocket for my second vehicle. Now I make sure there is only one FOB in my pocket and the problem is no longer occurring. 

Occasionally the door handle sensor will not work forcing me to press the unlock button on the FOB. Sometimes just grabbing a different handle is all that is needed  to get a door open when this occurs.

Tom

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

Good info Tom and one other thing that can cause the door not to open if I may add, if you are with your wife and you get to the car at the same time, sometimes she tries to open the door before I do and I think if her hand is on the passenger door handle it can interfere with me trying to open the door from my side.  I have had to tell her before to not touch the handle but sometimes she is in a rush and trying to get in and not realizing the car is still locked.

Something to consider if you have a passenger.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 22 May 2016 - 05:57 AM.

• James F Monroe likes this

#5 OFFLINE   JnTX

JnTX

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:35 AM

I found that the battery in the key fob lasts just a bit over 3 years.  The buttons will continue to work longer than the things like the foot activated rear hatch.  I would recommend that you get a pair of 2032 batteries put a new one in each fob after 3 years.  If you can check the battery voltage, the fobs quit working when the voltage gets to the 2.8 to 2.9 volt range.

• James F Monroe likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fob, keyless entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·