Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting comparison - 2 Cmax's, same day, vastly different energy use

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

My buddy and I both own Blue Cmax Energi's with 302a option package.  His is about 10k miles less on it than mine.  Today I went to Natick from my house, happens to be the same time or very close to it that his car was driven around Natick for almost the same distance (16 vs 14 miles).

Check out the logs below...depending on how you drive the resulting battery consumption and EV range can be very different.  I just thought it was interesting as the trips happened on the same day and close to the same time for almost the same distance.  A good comparison between trying to eeek out every mile from the battery to the "don't care" just drive like any car without regard to proper regen, acceleration, speed, etc.

The interesting point in this post is that it can make a BIG difference on how much you get out of your battery just by paying attention to the the coach bars, in my case full blue in all three, in Ansy's case I'm sure yellow.  Total range on my battery would have been approximately 32 miles, his ran out at 21.6 miles.

By the way, I should note that Ansy is a very good EV driver, #2 after me in our area usually, but today his wife had the car, and she just drove it like she would her car.

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 21 April 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·