Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Forscan and dash command

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pippin65

pippin65

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Locationfla
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:subaru ob

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:35 PM

Anyone have a down and dirty on how to use these Specific to our nrg?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Automate

Automate

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSE
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:FFH

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

What type of device (Andriod, iOS, Windows) do you want to use and what do you want to monitor?

As you can see from this Fusion Hybrid image below, Ford uses multiple CAN bus.  For maximum flexibility you would want to use an OBD adapter that can read from multiple CAN bus.  I recommend the OBDLink MX but you can go cheap with an ebay ELM327 clone and then modify it with a manual HS/MS CAN switch.

Attached File  HS2_3_CAN.jpg   366.11KB   2 downloads

If anyone has a similar screen-shot from a CMAX Energi, please post it.  I'm curious as to the differences.

#3 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 309 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

I’m reviving this old thread. I have a cmax nrg and I’m not seeing half of the modules. I’ll try and post tomorrow what I’m seeing. There are some things I’d like to change.

#4 OFFLINE   RickOzone

RickOzone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationToronto
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Here is a screen shot of the BECM PID's that I have recording from Forscan. I'm using the mobile app now and there is a aggregate PID function to display PID's from different modules. What is the best way to paste an image into this forum?

Edited by RickOzone, 09 April 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 550 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

If you aren't seeing the modules it may be because your cable doesn't support MS-CAN?

#6 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationDetroit
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

If you aren't seeing the modules it may be because your cable doesn't support MS-CAN?

I’m using the OBDlinks MX Bluetooth device and have been successful pulling all modules from other Ford cars of similar years. I’m wondering if there is something that the FORScan people need to enable it in the software. Here is a pic showing what it does find.
Which is a lot but like the BCM only has maybe 6-7 entries. It should have many more.

Attached Files

Edited by astrand1, 10 April 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   RickOzone

RickOzone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

I get the same modules as you on HSCAN but not the MSCAN.  I'm using an ELM237 clone v1.5.

Attached Files

Edited by RickOzone, 10 April 2018 - 07:31 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

I’m using the OBDlinks MX Bluetooth device and have been successful pulling all modules from other Ford cars of similar years. I’m wondering if there is something that the FORScan people need to enable it in the software. Here is a pic showing what it does find.
Which is a lot but like the BCM only has maybe 6-7 entries. It should have many more.

That looks pretty complete to me. I’m afraid I do not see where you’ve opened the BdyCM module area? I haven’t played with FORScan for a while and no longer have my C-MAX to check....

I get the same modules as you on HSCAN but not the MSCAN. I'm using an ELM237 clone v1.5.

Those clones can be buggy/unreliable. There are some troubleshooting tips on the FORScan forums that can help. Have you looked there and tried them? The ELM327 I believe may need the HS/MS switch modification.

I ended up purchasing and ELS27 cable from the els27.ru site. Besides having a little issue of FORScan recognizing the connected cable, it was very fast. The Toyota Mongoose Pro cable that I first tried also had FORScan recognition issues....

Edited by jzchen, 13 April 2018 - 02:41 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 550 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:43 AM

One note. Ordering from the els27.ru site took a substantial amount of patience. I hope they’ve worked out the bugs in their manufacturing now.....

#10 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

Yeah I need to take another pic of the screen when I’ve opened up the BCM. I was just showing what modules FORScan picked up. I’m using the obdlink Mx Bluetooth and it really seems to work well. I’ve used it on a couple of explorers, f150s etc and it works perfectly. Opens up everything. I’ll get a pic up soon of the BCM open and the instrument cluster as well to show what I’m seeing.

#11 OFFLINE   RickOzone

RickOzone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

Hi All,

I have collected running data on my c-max pertaining to the HVB with Forscan.  I would like to compare my data with some others to see the differences on batteries with different  available capacity to mine.  My HVB delivers 4.8 kWh for EV driving.  I'd like to see Voltage, current, Bat_COOL_INLETTEMP, H_BATT_TEMP, H_BATT_CHAR, BATT_CHAR (SOC), BAT_TO_EMPTY_ESTIM.  Please send me your data.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·