Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Energi HV Battery Replaced Under Warranty

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:39 AM

I had a long 15 minute conversation with Ford Customer Service, which I recorded.  I got the representative to state, on record (we were both recording the call), that the battery is warranted for 8 years or 100,000.  I pressed him, warranted to do what - what capacity is it warranted to hold and deliver?  So without a charge capacity specification of any type I am only guaranteed that there will be a battery physically present but it won't hold a charge?

He finally replied, "unfortunately the warrantee is stating a specific time and mileage.  Now like I said sir, and the reason I am being so adamant about this sir is because you are definitely not the first person contacting me here and asking me that type of information.  That information is proprietary sir and cannot be divulged to customers".

So Ford is on record that the warranty is time and distance, but offers no specification on which to base a warranty claim.

Well that's a bunch of BS. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#102 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationflorida
  • Current Vehicle:energi

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:41 AM

How can you keep warranty information proprietary???

I hope their call center gets slammed with phone calls for this.

#103 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

I was told I was one of many that had called the call center, my rep (Earl) had the prepared statement and nothing further.  Hitting them is useless.

:happy feet: Feel free to contact the paralegal Karla at the law firm that may form a class action (Capstone, they got the Nissan Leaf owners settlement) .  They are still researching whether such a case is possible, would be nice for more from here to join in.  They cannot recruit clients or advertise, but you can call her 310-712-8142 to volunteer your information.  or email at karla.Rubalcava@capstonelawyers.com   All Energi owners, Cmax or Fusion should volunteer.

• bro1999 and David Burnett like this

#104 OFFLINE   David Burnett

David Burnett

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationflorida
  • Current Vehicle:energi

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

You forget to mention this is free, they work "probono"

I was told I was one of many that had called the call center, my rep (Earl) had the prepared statement and nothing further.  Hitting them is useless.

:happy feet: Feel free to contact the paralegal Karla at the law firm that may form a class action (Capstone, they got the Nissan Leaf owners settlement) .  They are still researching whether such a case is possible, would be nice for more from here to join in.  They cannot recruit clients or advertise, but you can call her 310-712-8142 to volunteer your information.  or email at karla.Rubalcava@capstonelawyers.com   All Energi owners, Cmax or Fusion should volunteer.

#105 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

You forget to mention this is free, they work "probono"could be a class!!!

Well, don't confuse pro bono, which is for free and you get the settlement if they win, with on contingency (which is what they will do if they decide to take the case) which means we don't pay them for their time and effort, they take a cut of the settlement if they win.  They might get around 30-40% of the settlement.  You and I might get the cost of battery replacement and perhaps something extra for punitive damages.  Lets say (as withy Nissan Leaf) the settlement is valued at $10,000,000 for the entire class.  They would get perhaps $3,000,000.  I'm just guessing at what reparations and contingency fees are.  If you want to see how this works, check the last scene of  "Erin Brockovich."   :lol:  Having said that, I certainly hope they see this as a worthwhile class action and DO take the case on.  Everybody, send Karla your name so they can see this is a possible class action.

#106 OFFLINE   zoombabe

zoombabe

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSan Jose
  • Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

Similar boat here. Takes 14+ hours for a full charge and only 9-11 miles at that.

I have 65k miles on my energi and over time the max range has slowly but surely started petering down. When I first got it, a full charge would show a range of 23 miles (highest I have seen it) but mostly around the 19-20 mile range. 4 years later today, the max range shows as anywhere between 9-11 miles. Whaaat happened???

Also, on a 240v charger, it used to take 1.5-2.5 hours for a full charge. Now, I leave it plugged in overnight and still 14 hours later it shows "75% charge". Charging around 4 hours gives me less than 20% charge. What is going on here? Is this a dud? 

The dealer says he can look at it but it will cost me $200 to run diagnostics (even though I have Ford Premium ESP. Worth it? Sounds like not based on comments here. 

BTW, how do I get the kwh numbers? MFM app doesnt show it unless I am missing something

#107 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Down below 4 kWH capacity after 43k miles. Yep I try to drive as much as possible without using the ICE.

#108 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:56 AM

To all Interested - Capstone is moving forward with filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of the Cmax Energi owners to force Ford to state and support a battery warranty level.  I have been asked and declined to serve as lead plaintiff - they need 'a face' of the lawsuit.  If you are interested in joining the suit or serving as lead plaintiff, contact Karla at Capstone.  The lead plaintiff should be well versed in what their car has been producing, and have kept records of initial and current battery conditions and any interactions with Ford service or Customer Service.  Capstone won a similar case for the Nissan Leaf, resulting in a $11,000,000 settlement and replacement of batteries.  

• bro1999, sporkinum and cr08 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·