Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Energi HV Battery Replaced Under Warranty

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Damn Paul:

I've been doing it for 30yrs/ 1 million mi. and no accidents.

So now I'm going to have to subtract 5mpg from all your fuelly stats to see the real numbers you get in your hybrid as you draft all the time!!  What's your average now, like 53 and climbing?  I guess its really more like 48 and climbing for people who don't draft?   :wink: 

-=>Raja.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#222 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Drafting seems to have insane mileage increases on this car. A few months back I had to follow my mother who was driving a shuttle bus for work (One way, drop it off, head back. I was her ride back.). About 2.5 hours all highway. Kept a decent distance but stayed behind and averaged 65-70mph. I remember my trip mileage ended up being around 55mpg. Trip back under same conditions sans drafting I think it was in the 43-45 range. No fancy hypermiling tricks otherwise.

#223 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

Yes, there is alot less headwind then when you draft.

-=>Raja.

#224 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:00 AM

Damn Paul:

So now I'm going to have to subtract 5mpg from all your fuelly stats to see the real numbers you get in your hybrid as you draft all the time!!  What's your average now, like 53 and climbing?  I guess its really more like 48 and climbing for people who don't draft?   :wink: 

-=>Raja.

I know you are only kidding, but practically speaking I only draft on the FWY and I'm doing good to do it half the time. First you have to find a big vehicle going the speed you want to go and then you are lucky if they stay on the Fwy more than an hour so you end up searching again. I don't draft in the rain for obvious reasons. Wind direction/speed is the big factor on fuel economy with drafting. I have gotten 50 mpg going 80 mph driving east from El Paso for 160 mi. with 35mph tail wind, drafting may only get you 1 mpg. Your effective wind speed is only 35-45 mph. Going in reverse going 65 mph with 35 mph head wind your wind drag is 100 mph so drafting may help you by 5-6 mpg.

Paul

#225 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yes Paul you know I'm not going to take away your achievements, it just sounded funny so I had to write it  :wink:

I know what you mean its hard to find a truck going the right speed, and even if you do they lose speed up hills actually that's when my chance is to pass them at 65mph in CC.

-=>Raja.

#226 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

Yes Paul you know I'm not going to take away your achievements, it just sounded funny so I had to write it; :wink:
I know what you mean its hard to find a truck going the right speed, and even if you do they lose speed up hills actually that's when my chance is to pass them at 65mph in CC.

Raja

That actually works in my favor with P&G. :smile2:

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 03 November 2017 - 10:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·