Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Energi HV Battery Replaced Under Warranty

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Available: SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#182 OFFLINE   bsheaffer

bsheaffer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

Let's just step aside for a minute and say that Ford decides to replace all HVBs that drop to 4kwh capacity or less (say a 30% loss) within an 8 year warranty period.  Don't you think that most likely all of them will need to be replaced for free under warranty?  

Actually, no, I don't. 

If you believe the heat damage is a real thing (which, as you might guess, I do), Ford could easily mine the MyFordMobile data and figure out who had "sudden" capacity loss during summer. They do collect kwhr usage. They might even collect air and/or battery temp in the database, which would make things easier. From there, they could replace the batteries or offer discounts based on capacity loss due to insufficient battery cooling. I drove my last car for 17 years, I'd use a discount if I could keep this one running close to that.

That said, short of abject failure, I don't expect they'll replace any batteries via warranty. Frankly, I doubt they're even maintaining more than 90 days of history in their database. If they DO decide to do a 30% loss replacement offer, they'll say I don't qualify because I didn't bring my capacity issue to them earlier - at least, not that they measured :wink: 

P.S. I didn't really do any homework on this, but my memory of the capacity loss is there were 2 general levels: some cars dropped to ~5.0-5.3; others dropped to ~4.0-4.3. Continuing my hypotheticals, the 5s could be normal use/age loss; the 4s could be heat damage. Just a guess, like most everything I've said here.

#183 OFFLINE   radiobrown

radiobrown

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationVA Beach Virginia
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2016 outback 98 BMW M5

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

so still new at all of this stuff here and looking for a car at this moment... if the car is fully charged and I take out for a test drive in EV mode what should I look for in discharge amount?
I have seen 5.5 is EV amount allotted and another 1.1 or so is reserved for hybrid mode and the rest is slotted for never used amount for a total of about 8 something KV.

I looked at fussion that had 35 miles est ev range but didn't drive it as I was more interested in the Cmax but have yet to find one to drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·