Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Is this the end? I hope not I just got mine.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Juhuti

Juhuti

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:51 PM

http://fordauthority...n-face-the-axe/

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:34 AM

This has been known for several months. The C-Max will be replaced with new EV, PHEV and Hybrid designs beginning in 2018-2020. It doesn't mean the technology is going away, it's advancing and Ford will continue to service these vehicles.

#3 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi, 302A / 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Premier

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

I've been saying for a while that Ford needs to evolve the Energi powertrain and start putting it into Escapes.  That would be a very popular vehicle if they could do it for the right price.  The CMax is a great car, but it is an awkward fit for the American market.  I can see why Europeans would love a car that's big on the inside and small on the outside with their tight cities and narrow streets.  But in America, people want their cars big on the outside too (even if it's hardly any bigger on the inside).

• Kermit and miboje like this

#4 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,337 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

I really like my Cmax.  I don't care to get a new one, just a new and improved battery pack down the road.  

If they can make a Ranger EV plug in truck that would be great as well!  Would love to see one of those.

-=>Raja.

• miboje likes this

#5 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi, 302A / 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Premier

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:32 AM

Raja,

You know that Ford did once make a Ranger EV, right?  I almost bought one a year or so ago, but it had some mechanical issues with EV-specific parts.  It was a bit too much of a risk at the time.  Part of me still kicks myself for not jumping on it.

It was a very popular little truck among enthusiasts, but also very expensive.  I think with today's technology, Ford could make a very compelling Ranger plug-in.  I don't think they will, though.

• miboje likes this

#6 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:09 AM

This is pretty much what I was expecting. I suspect they won't make another dedicated hybrid or PHEV. The Model E that is rumored is an EV. I think from an economic standpoint, Ford can get the EPA numbers they need from the Fusion Hybrid and Energi.

I agree, an Escape would be nice, but these high profile vehicles will not get the mileage needed to up the fleet average. I would expect a max of 34 in town with an Escape hybrid. Having said that, I think if they produced one I would turn in the lease in 2017 and go for the Escape.

• miboje likes this

#7 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Ford pretty much killed any chances of the C-Max living on for a 2nd generation with the multiple MPG blunders, poor advertising strategy (competing head on with the Prius? Come on), and lack of commitment to plug-in vehicles on the same level as say GM or Nissan.

Too bad because the C-Max is is a perfectly capable vehicle.

• miboje likes this

#8 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,337 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:10 AM

Sadly, it's "our" fault, all those people complaining about MPG numbers and going to the dealer and bitching about the battery range and all that stuff just a big headache for Ford.

People are just not used to this new technology and are misinformed about how things work. Part of it is due to Ford sales people at the dealership, they had no idea either and they just made up answers as they went along.

But I got my maxie already I just need to figure out how to change the battery down the road and she'll be good for 250000 miles.

-=>Raja.
  • miboje likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Juhuti

Juhuti

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

Sadly, it's "our" fault, all those people complaining about MPG numbers and going to the dealer and bitching about the battery range and all that stuff just a big headache for Ford.

People are just not used to this new technology and are misinformed about how things work. Part of it is due to Ford sales people at the dealership, they had no idea either and they just made up answers as they went along.

But I got my maxie already I just need to figure out how to change the battery down the road and she'll be good for 250000 miles.

-=>Raja.

You're right.  Even now most sales people at Ford dealerships don't know anything about the C-Max.  I've visited a few dealerships in my area and only ONE had a C-Max in stock (outside in the elements).  None had any on display.

• miboje likes this

#10 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

You're right.  Even now most sales people at Ford dealerships don't know anything about the C-Max.  I've visited a few dealerships in my area and only ONE had a C-Max in stock (outside in the elements).  None had any on display.

Different story here in LA. I see them everywhere, and the dealers have them stocked.

In my opinion, it was a combination of factors. The biggest is that it is competing as a purpose built hybrid, when they had to make design shortcuts to make a normal car into a hybrid/PHEV. Specifically, the design of the battery, just being dropped in there instead of being logically placed. And there are other things, like the long turning radius, and just poor decision making at Ford (like removing the lifetime MPGe and DRL options for 2014). Just dumb.

Plus, the styling isn't what the American public generally prefers. This is a Euro styled vehicle. Small outside, large inside.

I expect the C-Max to be ended when the plant in Michigan closes. The Fusion Hybrid and Energi will carry the banner.

#11 OFFLINE   dtvconsult

dtvconsult

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 301A

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

Ford has not announced it is discontinuing the C-Max.

I just found an article from last October that Ford is introducing the C-Max to China this year (2016).  A consumer reports article from December of last year rated Car Owner satisfaction commuting with their car.  It included about 230,000 cars no more than 3-years old.  C-Max came in 4th, behind Tesla S, Chevy Volt, and Nissan Leaf. The highest internal combustion car was 5th.

The C-Max is Ford's best selling plugin vehicle. While they may introduce another PHEV, I think that they will sell both side by side until the newer model gains popularity.  Remember when Ford decided to retire the Taurus brand, which had been the most popular family sedan for several years?  The new version was the "500". Very quickly the "500" became the Taurus, then was replaced by an all new Taurus model with advanced features.  

It could be that Ford has found that manufacturing the C-Max outside of the US is more profitable.

#12 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Ford has not announced it is discontinuing the C-Max.

I just found an article from last October that Ford is introducing the C-Max to China this year (2016).  A consumer reports article from December of last year rated Car Owner satisfaction commuting with their car.  It included about 230,000 cars no more than 3-years old.  C-Max came in 4th, behind Tesla S, Chevy Volt, and Nissan Leaf. The highest internal combustion car was 5th.

The C-Max is Ford's best selling plugin vehicle. While they may introduce another PHEV, I think that they will sell both side by side until the newer model gains popularity.  Remember when Ford decided to retire the Taurus brand, which had been the most popular family sedan for several years?  The new version was the "500". Very quickly the "500" became the Taurus, then was replaced by an all new Taurus model with advanced features.  

It could be that Ford has found that manufacturing the C-Max outside of the US is more profitable.

I was referring to the US version, built here for this market. I think it is finished after 2016. We should have already heard of the 2017 model.

As to sales, I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers. I believe the FFE is outselling the C-Max Energi. But more importantly, they can build the FFE in an existing plant for a popular car, so it is cheaper for them to manufacture.

What they should have done is to use the Focus as the platform instead of the international C-Max. Then the plant could have simply moved to Mexico. And maybe that is an option.

It is a shame really, the C-Max is a great vehicle.

Edited by stevedebi, 01 April 2016 - 08:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·