Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Top Mounted Bike racks?????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   driftsucky

driftsucky

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

So, I'm a bit chunky around the edges and I've gotten back into working out as of late. It really revolves more around lessening the weight my car carries to improve gas mileage. However, my most recent en-devour would void any bodily weight savings that I may be able to obtain. I want to ride my back, but I'd also like to have the ability to carry my bike with me for random excursions.  I've seen the hitch bike racks but I don't like those. They remind me of the wheel chair and scoot-around carriers on the back of late model buick regals with handicapped stickers in the rear-view. I mean, I know I have a plug-in hybrid and thusly care greatly about saving the Earth, but is there a way to DO that and still not look like I wear flannel shirts and corduroy paints up to my underboob area? Not that you look like that if you have one of those hitch racks. But, that's just how I FEEL with one of those hitch racks. 

I looked at Ford accessories and their option is close to 1k...err...closer to 1k than it should be. Any other options?  

Please help. Thanks guys and girls. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

Well if you don't have anything much in the car, its very possible to put both seats down, take off the front tire from the bicycle, and put it inside the car through the hatchback.  This works if you don't have rear passengers, though you could still take someone with you in the front passenger seat.  Just a thought nothing needed to buy, I've done it before with my Cmax.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   driftsucky

driftsucky

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRochester
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

Can't do the backseat. It's a family hauler. 4 doors for more whor...uhhhh...passengers. 4 doors for more passengers. 

#4 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationRedding, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, Mini Cooper S ALL4

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

There are a number of roof rack + bike carrier options for the C-Max.  For instance.

http://www.rackoutfi...d C-Max&x=0&y=0

Personally, I hate bikes being up in the air stream sucking away EV and gas mileage, so I always use a rear carrier.  I am almost 70 so maybe my wheelchair will go back there some day.  But still doing 2000+ bike miles a year.

• Kermit likes this

#5 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

So, I'm a bit chunky around the edges and I've gotten back into working out as of late. It really revolves more around lessening the weight my car carries to improve gas mileage. However, my most recent en-devour would void any bodily weight savings that I may be able to obtain. I want to ride my back, but I'd also like to have the ability to carry my bike with me for random excursions.  I've seen the hitch bike racks but I don't like those. They remind me of the wheel chair and scoot-around carriers on the back of late model buick regals with handicapped stickers in the rear-view. I mean, I know I have a plug-in hybrid and thusly care greatly about saving the Earth, but is there a way to DO that and still not look like I wear flannel shirts and corduroy paints up to my underboob area? Not that you look like that if you have one of those hitch racks. But, that's just how I FEEL with one of those hitch racks. 

I looked at Ford accessories and their option is close to 1k...err...closer to 1k than it should be. Any other options?  

Please help. Thanks guys and girls. 

I actually have 2 Yakima Highroller rooftop bike racks that I'm looking to sell. They would mount on an existing base rack system. Here's a photo of the setup I had on my C-Max (there is also a roof rack basket in the photo that's not part of the bike racks.) https://www.yakima.com/highroller

DSC_9017-1_zpsifnrp7a6.jpg

PM me if you are interested!  

Edited by bro1999, 14 March 2016 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·