Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Actual EV range

ev range

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shaisimchi

shaisimchi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Jose
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:08 PM

Hi Everyone.
I am new to the forum and new to EV. 
I was wondering how much EV range people are actually getting from their C-Max Energi. 

Here is my story...
Bought a 2016 Energi a couple of months ago for my wife and she drove it for a month before it was totaled...Were getting 20+ miles on EV now.
Once it was declared totaled we got another one - this one was a 2015 but supposedly exactly the same (with some extra features actually).

On the new one I would start the day with the car showing I have 21 miles (or 23) but by looking at the driving logs we end up getting 18 miles give or take.
Anyone has any advise or can shed a light on what you are getting or similar issues etc?

Thanks a lot!

Shai

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 428 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

the weather will have an effect but I am willing to put my money on tires, check if they low rolling resistance and check your pressure

• fotomoto likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

I get anywhere from about 13 to 20 miles.  But I've never had it entirely in a nice 30mph area on a warm day.  Then it could go higher.  I'm always dealing with hills, higher speeds, possibly snow and sometimes the heater.  Those all take down the mileage very quickly.

#4 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

The estimated miles are just that - rough estimates based on the last driving experience, multipled by the charge held in the battery.  There are three major variables that affect actual EV miles - primary is your driving style, factoring in acceleration, average cruising speed and braking.  Second is battery capacity which will fall as battery ages.  My 2013 NRG delivered 5.8 kWh when new, now around 4.3 kWh after 3 years.  About right for Li-On batteries, expect around 5-10% capacity loss per year with about 1 complete charge a day.  The last is air temperature - battery does best at 72 degrees F, will deliver less at higher and lower temperatures.  Right now with city driving around 35 MPH I expect around 16 miles EV only, down on same route from 22 when new.  Still running around 80MPG combined EV and ICE in city, around 40 MPG highway at 70MPH.

#5 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Hi Everyone.
I am new to the forum and new to EV. 
I was wondering how much EV range people are actually getting from their C-Max Energi. 

Here is my story...
Bought a 2016 Energi a couple of months ago for my wife and she drove it for a month before it was totaled...Were getting 20+ miles on EV now.
Once it was declared totaled we got another one - this one was a 2015 but supposedly exactly the same (with some extra features actually).

On the new one I would start the day with the car showing I have 21 miles (or 23) but by looking at the driving logs we end up getting 18 miles give or take.
Anyone has any advise or can shed a light on what you are getting or similar issues etc?

Thanks a lot!

Shai

When temps are in the 40's I get around 20-21. In the summer I get around 27 miles. It doesn't get that cold in LA.

#6 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

Like everyone says, depends on the temperature and also your driving score and how you brake, speed, etc.  If you maximize it as best as possible which is what I try to do:

1) I get 21-22 miles during the winter cold months worst case scenario (from -10F to +10F range with no climate usage), or about 127 MPGe.

2) I get 29-33 miles during the summer best range when the temp is in the mid 70's, or about 210MPGe (again, no climate usage or AC in this case).  AC you lose about 3 miles range from the entire battery charge.

The above assumes your battery is still good and can deliver not degraded.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 14 March 2016 - 12:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ev range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·