Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How to replace 12v battery in energi???

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   KeiJidosha

KeiJidosha

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi SG/LS w/ 303A

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:32 PM

FWIW, I made a video on installing a new 12V battery based on the instructions in the thread: 

12 volt battery died on our 2013 after 63 months. Jumped it to get it home (350 miles). Ford didn’t have the battery and wanted to schedule me next week, so went to AutoZone.

Glad to have this video as a primer. Removing the old battery, I was always told to unhook the negative terminal first, but its position under the HVB housing makes that difficult. I would unhook the Positive terminal first if I have to change it again to get a clean disconnect.

Re: the vent tube, the AutoZone 67R battery has “installation instructions” taped to the underside of the + terminal battery cover (Red). Both the Motorcraft and the Duralast battery have a vent hole at opposite ends of the battery top cover. You need to plug the vent tube from the car into the cover hole on the negative side of the battery and put a plug (from the old battery or cut from the + terminal cover on the Duralast) in the hole on the + side of the top cover. I used the plug from the Motorcraft original battery.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 544 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

This was a long time ago now, but if I remember correctly, I did pull the Neg first, then put the connector into a Zip Lock bag to protect from accidental connection.

Interesting to read that both vents were not plugged on the AutoZone 67R....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·